Sign in to follow this  
BRaptor

Anti-Self-Defense SCOTUS Justice Burglarized Twice in Three Months

You guys are all wrong with this. He will make out better financially from this. He will file inflated insurance claims and will actually be ahead of the game and will come to the decision that crime helps the economy.

You guys are all wrong with this. He will make out better financially from this. He will file inflated insurance claims and will actually be ahead of the game and will come to the decision that crime helps the economy.

Scary thought that could be true... :o

Eh yes and no. That'll just drive up the cost of insurance.....

To the best of my knowledge, homeowner's rates are not affected by claims in the same manner motor vehicle rates are. I could be wrong...it's happened before.

All insurance rates are affected by claims, at least is the long term. The thing is... motor vehicle insurance raise rates regardless. When the insurance companies pay out more, they ask for more.... that is there whole end game anyway.

To the best of my knowledge, homeowner's rates are not affected by claims in the same manner motor vehicle rates are. I could be wrong...it's happened before.

My house was burglarized a few years ago. I filed a claim for the front door, an old laptop, and my wife's jewelery (about $4k total paid to me), and they raised my rates by about 65% for the following 3 years. It only just dropped to about 40% above my original premium. When I originally asked them why my rates went up for something that I had no control over, they said that my original premium was for a tier that had 0 allowable claims. I'm still baffled by why it's even possible to create an insurance tier that doesn't allow claims.