I don't know, Christie isn't hurting us and I don't think Sweeney will do much either. Based on that, I'd rather have Christie. I least I know he won't give away the farm to unions again like the democrats like to do. Does anyone here believe that Sweeney wouldn't cave left and right to the unions that constitute a lot his voters?

Before anyone gets uppity about unions, yes I know why the came about. Unfortunately that morphed into something different, protection for the untalented and unmotivated to keep their jobs no matter how inept they are just because they've been around a gazillion years with ridiculous benefits.

Before anyone gets uppity about unions, yes I know why the came about. Unfortunately that morphed into something different, protection for the untalented and unmotivated to keep their jobs no matter how inept they are just because they've been around a gazillion years with ridiculous benefits.

+1000

As an EX (thank God) union member (IBEW Local 827), I wholeheartedly agree with this. Unions today are a joke. In my several years in the union, I saw many many young talented guys with lower seniority get laid off and lose their jobs and many many more useless people with high seniority keep their jobs. That always rubbed me the wrong way. I took a promotion into management several years ago, where now at least I am rewarded for my good performance.

Basically Michael Bane came up with terms. Gun Culture 1.0 and Gun Culture 2.0

Gun Culture 1.0;

people entered Gun Culture 1.0 through their families, especially hunting, and through military service

Gun Culture 2.0

people enter Gun Culture 2.0 largely through personal defense concerns and concealed carry

It is said that Gun Culture 1.0 is populated by the older generation who run the clubs, hang out at the clubs and snicker at modern firearms, and are the guys who use single shot, or bolt action rifles who take up space at the range and fire one round every 20mins or so. Where as Gun Culture 2.0 is the next generation (sometimes considered younger as in 20s) who are into the modern guns AR's and AK's. Who like run and gun sports.

There has been whole write ups about the clash of these two groups.

I guess I'm gun culture 3.0. (1+2). I grew up with guns via family and hunting and military. My father, step father(2 Purple hearts, VN), sister(20 years retired) and two brothers(one was in during GW1, the other is on year 22) are military. I've sat at the bench and taken 5 shots in an hour, then pulled out the AR and dropped 100 in the next 10 minutes. I'm in my mid 40s and I love modern guns. I have 2 CCW licenses and wish I could carry in NJ. I'm not much into run and gun though. Informally at old barns and such but not competitions. I guess I should be beating myself up.

I don't know, Christie isn't hurting us and I don't think Sweeney will do much either. Based on that, I'd rather have Christie. I least I know he won't give away the farm to unions again like the democrats like to do. Does anyone here believe that Sweeney wouldn't cave left and right to the unions that constitute a lot his voters?

The public sector doesn't need unions

I guess I'm gun culture 3.0. (1+2). I grew up with guns via family and hunting and military. My father, step father(2 Purple hearts, VN), sister(20 years retired) and two brothers(one was in during GW1, the other is on year 22) are military. I've sat at the bench and taken 5 shots in an hour, then pulled out the AR and dropped 100 in the next 10 minutes. I'm in my mid 40s and I love modern guns. I have 2 CCW licenses and wish I could carry in NJ. I'm not much into run and gun though. Informally at old barns and such but not competitions. I guess I should be beating myself up.

I'm in a similar boat. My parents were LE and hunters. My father is the definition of 1.0, and rolls his eyes everytime I show him a new black gun. He also responded to me showing him my FL CCW with "what the fugg do you need that for?".

Gun Culture 1.0;

people entered Gun Culture 1.0 through their families, especially hunting, and through military service

Gun Culture 2.0

people enter Gun Culture 2.0 largely through personal defense concerns and concealed carry

It is said that Gun Culture 1.0 is populated by the older generation who run the clubs, hang out at the clubs and snicker at modern firearms, and are the guys who use single shot, or bolt action rifles who take up space at the range and fire one round every 20mins or so. Where as Gun Culture 2.0 is the next generation (sometimes considered younger as in 20s) who are into the modern guns AR's and AK's. Who like run and gun sports.

After reading about these "clashes"I was expected this clash when I showed up at Delran Jr. Marksman with my plastic handguns and AR15 type firearms and saw the mature ROs. Nothing of the sort happened. The older guys there were very cool and a lot of fun. It's just a matter of respect, not of 1.0 vs 2.0.

The world is run by the press. Make news, and get them to report it. Send them stories. Offer interviews. Write stories for their modification. Call them. Email them. Offer interesting content.

They are generally receptive. It IS almost as simple as that.

The biggest problem with NJ is the bubble the press keeps you in. Only a small percentage of your residents know that gun ownership is normal or that 1 out of 20 of the people of this country (outside of the 5 shitty states) has a CCW permit and nobody died from it today.

Gun Culture 1.0;

Gun Culture 2.0

I'd consider myself 1.5 then. I got into firearms through family and personal research, and I like all kinds of guns. There's not one type of firearm I actively dislike.

The Governor really can't help gun rights in this state. The liberal state legislature makes the laws, and they show no signs of passing any pro gun legislation. It is my belief that NJ, like CA, will go in the opposite direction of the rest of the county on gun laws. The person sitting in the Governor's chair will have little influence on that.

The Governor really can't help gun rights in this state. The liberal state legislature makes the laws, and they show no signs of passing any pro gun legislation. It is my belief that NJ, like CA, will go in the opposite direction of the rest of the county on gun laws. The person sitting in the Governor's chair will have little influence on that.

If that person had the balls to replace the Supreme Court justices with ones who could actually read the Constitution, I think the executive and judicial branches could do their jobs and bring the legislative in-check.

Nobody, NOBODY, in NJ is 'trustable' under any gun stuff circumstance and absolutely cannot be trusted even if they are Pro, to Not CAVE IN under the slightest of political pressure from the MSM or the Super Corrupt, one sided, a**-backwards.

Eurozone wanabe Nj legislature.

Dont trust either one. Christie is a lying lawyer, and Sweeney is a back stabber union guy who sold the union members out last year.

Both will say one thing and do the other. Christie sent out letters to all the PBA's asking for our support pre election, when we didnt back him, he turned on us and changed out pensions and benefit packages. He will say he will do something for you till he gets the vote.

I am not sure Christie will even be in the mix if he decides to run with Romney. He said he would "Hear Romney out" and is not opposed. I am not knowledgeable enough to know whether or not he is required to resign his position to run with Romney. I'm sure one of you know the answer to this. If he isn't, then yes, he will be held to the fire. That doesn't mean he'll do anything but he definitely could pride himself out of a job. I may get blasted for this but for a while I liked Christie. I loved the cander "tough sh*t" attitude. But I just got interested in 2A and firearms 6 months ago and when I found out he was such an "anti" I was disappointed.

I am not sure Christie will even be in the mix if he decides to run with Romney. He said he would "Hear Romney out" and is not opposed. I am not knowledgeable enough to know whether or not he is required to resign his position to run with Romney. I'm sure one of you know the answer to this. If he isn't, then yes, he will be held to the fire. That doesn't mean he'll do anything but he definitely could pride himself out of a job. I may get blasted for this but for a while I liked Christie. I loved the cander "tough sh*t" attitude. But I just got interested in 2A and firearms 6 months ago and when I found out he was such an "anti" I was disappointed.

Nah, you won't get blasted. Christie is a damn sight better than the alternative!

Dont trust either one. Christie is a lying lawyer, and Sweeney is a back stabber union guy who sold the union members out last year.

Both will say one thing and do the other. Christie sent out letters to all the PBA's asking for our support pre election, when we didnt back him, he turned on us and changed out pensions and benefit packages. He will say he will do something for you till he gets the vote.

We don't always agree, but I agree with you on this. Both are blathering, arrogant *astards. I voted for Christie. Their only concern is to wield as much power as they can, while stepping on NJ's citizens. As always, when they say they're here to help, that's the time to duck and cover. I really hope he doesn't become Romney's running mate. It's bad enough as it is, and looking a little more like 4 more years of Blomama.

I must have missed that debate. I'm a firm believer in all or nothing, at least the circles I travel in. Take away one right and all the others follow. There is no quarter or compromise.

mauro got all up in arms over the .50 Cal debate...and was silent on OGAM. FUDD is the Hunter who doesnt give a rat's A$$ about ANYONE ELSE"S Firearm Rights...as long as his hunting guns are ok. Ban AR's?? he doesnt care, No CCW"?? He doesnt care, ect, ect ect. "Fudd" doesnt mean a "Hunter" "Fudd" Means a guy that will throw ANYONE under the bus to protect his own Hobby.

i KNEW CHristie was going to screw me over as a Cop..and i voted for him anyway, because I Thought (Hoped) he would stay Neutral at least when it came to firearms laws...considering the shambles the state was in I figured he'd be too busy kicking over garbage cans in trenton to mess with us.. I was Wrong..the SECOND I saw his AG pick, I Knew we were gonna have problems. He was an Arrogant Jagoff when I met him years ago, and that hasnt changed..funny thing though, is that the "Tough Guy prosecutor" who "Took on the Mob" got all butthurt over a stupid joke..

mauro got all up in arms over the .50 Cal debate...and was silent on OGAM. FUDD is the Hunter who doesnt give a rat's A$$ about ANYONE ELSE"S Firearm Rights...as long as his hunting guns are ok. Ban AR's?? he doesnt care, No CCW"?? He doesnt care, ect, ect ect. "Fudd" doesnt mean a "Hunter" "Fudd" Means a guy that will throw ANYONE under the bus to protect his own Hobby.

Yes, I've communicated with Anthony a couple times on this. He doesn't want to get involved in "that" debate or others similar to that. Sort of like the Sun Tzu way of thinking when it comes to battle; "He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious." Everyone picks their battles they know will win the war.

I don't know, Christie isn't hurting us

He's not? Funny, he could have rolled back OGAM and done many other positive things perfectly within his reach, but he did not. Christie is a bully, and a BS artist. I had hoped HOPED he would eliminate corruption from Trenton - instead, I see the same corruption growing farther and farther. His arrogance knows no bounds. Only he is correct, everyone else is wrong. Has he done some good? Yes, but a broken clock is right twice a day as well.

As far as unions - they have outlived their usefulness IMO.

He made them start contributing to their benefits like everyone else.

No, we were already paying more than anyone else, and had offered to increase our pension payments if he would separate us fully from everyone else..but thanks for playing Skippy

He's not? Funny, he could have rolled back OGAM and done many other positive things perfectly within his reach, but he did not. Christie is a bully, and a BS artist.

This is NJ. As long as no antigun legislation goes anywhere, then Christie is a-ok. Yes it's a sad state of affairs, but this is NJ, and it's all we're gonna get.