Sabeast

Looking To Buy A "Unique" GUn...Engraved? Gold?

Here's the thing - it's your FIRST handgun - are you SURE you're ready for a Desert Eagle? Please don't make the decision because you think it's cool or neat looking - pick what's best for you - what feels good, can be controlled, etc.

Good point! I do like it cuz its cool! Than again I was looking to be in the 500-600 range originally, but can I get anything good for that?

I deff want a .45! I can go to $800-1000 if need be.

You have to also consider the cost of "feeding" whatever you buy. 9 mm ammo is about 63% the cost of .45 ACP, not to mention the fact that you will probably find the 9 mm easier to shoot/control. You don't even want to know the cost of DE ammo.

Unique- Engraved and gold = $money$

If your on budget to begin with get something that is going to work well for you, and you get your moneys worth. There's nothing wrong with budgeting your purchase, but start looking at how much it will cost per range session just to shoot the gun. Personally, unless you have something hand engraved or non-production metal plated, then i dont see it being very unique, machine engraved guns and gold desert eagles are just whether or not you want to shell out the "few" extra bucks it costs, and your still left with a production run of the mill firearm, compared to the thousands extra for a truly unique piece.

At 1000 bucks your buying an entry level 1911 .45 unless you buy used. and your looking at hefty prices on ammo. about $400 bucks per 1000 rounds.

You may be able to find some 1911 100year anniversary editions floating around. colt made some really nice ones, but even still your looking at 3-7k depending on which tier.