dave545

-1000000000 Shore shot never going back

Ive never had any bad encounters over there, bought my wasr 10 and beretta .22 from them. And I always ask to see and hold a few guns/rifles even though i didnt have my p2p at the time with me. I always dealt with the heavyset black dude ( dont know his name)

I am almost positive his name is frank. The only thing is he dose not seem to be there that much. Very nice seemed know what he was taking about and very seemed honest. I asked about the remington 1911 while in the process and instead of giving me a line of crap he said that he hadn't heard enough about the gun to know one way or the other and this gun was at the top of my original price range.

While I really like SS and was a member there and bought a few guns from them when they were a forum vendor, it seems that the amount of traffic they see as their customer service declined. Between that and the way they exited the forum I will not go back there, won't recommend the place to anyone, that's not good because you used to see probably a dozen times a week here on the forum of us recommending the place.

It's really sad, because they were good to deal with at one time, and the biggest thing that sucks, Phil is a great guy and I miss BS'ing with him on Tuesdays when I used to go there.

However think of it this way, we have too many other great FFL's right here that are forum supporters that treat everyone great and get as good or better deals than SS does anyway.

While I really like SS and was a member there and bought a few guns from them when they were a forum vendor, it seems that the amount of traffic they see as their customer service declined. Between that and the way they exited the forum I will not go back there, won't recommend the place to anyone, that's not good because you used to see probably a dozen times a week here on the forum of us recommending the place.

It's really sad, because they were good to deal with at one time, and the biggest thing that sucks, Phil is a great guy and I miss BS'ing with him on Tuesdays when I used to go there.

However think of it this way, we have too many other great FFL's right here that are forum supporters that treat everyone great and get as good or better deals than SS does anyway.

Very true. I used to go there a lot i even had a membership along with my father there. I used to tell people to go there and would sing there praises but like you said over time they have steadily gone down hill . it seems like they have begun to think they are the biggest thing since sliced bread and that they dont need us but we need them.

I'm seeing a trend here. Always a lot of moaning about local shops.

There is no excuse for a saleman or staff being rude, PERIOD!

But, the salesman see alot of fondling and dicking around without a sale more often than not. And I'm sure that many of the customers are there out of curiosity and may not even be a qualified buyer,

Then after the fondling session the potential customer buys online because "brick and mortar" over head drives prices up.

Fewer stores are carrying heavy inventory do to carrying costs so, the fondlers swarm to the stores that do. And then at times, if they buy local, they buy from a non-inventory shop cheaper.

Just saying, gotta start cutting people some slack.

If you have money and a P2P or FID I'll spend time with you, otherwise take a walk you are not a buyer. This isn't show and tell.

Look in the mirror and see what you look like to the saleman. If you are asking if you should get airsoft or a M4 get out of my store...

For those that don't understand what I'm saying, please fill out and return the attached form:

post-1785-0-78530400-1338983970_thumb.jpg

But, the salesman see alot of fondling and dicking around without a sale more often than not. And I'm sure that many of the customers are there out of curiosity and may not even be a qualified buyer,

Then after the fondling session the potential customer buys online because "brick and mortar" over head drives prices up.

Fewer stores are carrying heavy inventory do to carrying costs so, the fondlers swarm to the stores that do. And then at times, if they buy local, they buy from a non-inventory shop cheaper.

If you have money and a P2P or FID I'll spend time with you, otherwise take a walk you are not a buyer. This isn't show and tell.

Look in the mirror and see what you look like to the saleman. If you are asking if you should get airsoft or a M4 get out of my store...

For those that don't understand what I'm saying, please fill out and return the attached form:

Are you a store owner here in NJ? If so, please let know which one, so I can stay far away. If you're only the employee of the store, let us know that as well, so we can see if the owner shares the same views and opinions as you do while working in his/her store. If neither apply, then your post is nothing more than those posts your bashing....................... an opinion only.

Are you a store owner here in NJ? If so, please let know which one, so I can stay far away. If you're only the employee of the store, let us know that as well, so we can see if the owner shares the same views and opinions as you do while working in his/her store. If neither apply, then your post is nothing more than those posts your bashing....................... an opinion only.

No shop and don't work in one.

So I can assume you do not agree?

Go point by point, what don't you agree with?

I thought I was very reasonable.

i agree with what you say about there is no room for rudeness but disagree with the rest.

They are customer service reps, thusfore they have to service the customer even if that meens them just fondling the guns. Car salesmen show plently of cars well knowing that they are not going to make a sale but they try and be polite one because they want your money and maybe you wil lcome back in the future. its like i said they beleive we need them instead of them needing us and this is unacceptable. I have no problem buying local even if prices are a little higher becasue one after shipping and transfer you normally pay the same price and second it is less of a headache. What if someone does not have a FID yet but is maybe thinking about getting one and wants to handle a gun just to see how they feel and you act like an a** to them because "this isnt show and tell" you have now turned away a future customer and possibly turned them off of buying a gun altogether. Again old school if you share this mentality of "this is not show and tell" that is very sad and that hurt feelings report is nothing other than a slap in the face saying "deal with it you big pu$$y" and that again is unacceptable. I normally agree with you on many things but this is not one of them and no cutting them slack that is there job and if they do not do it well than one i will not go there any longer or two they should be removed from that job, there are plenty of people that want that job and would be much more pleasent in doing the job.

i agree with what you say about there is no room for rudeness but disagree with the rest.

They are customer service reps, thusfore they have to service the customer even if that meens them just fondling the guns. Car salesmen show plently of cars well knowing that they are not going to make a sale but they try and be polite one because they want your money and maybe you wil lcome back in the future. its like i said they beleive we need them instead of them needing us and this is unacceptable. I have no problem buying local even if prices are a little higher becasue one after shipping and transfer you normally pay the same price and second it is less of a headache. What if someone does not have a FID yet but is maybe thinking about getting one and wants to handle a gun just to see how they feel and you act like an a** to them because "this isnt show and tell" you have now turned away a future customer and possibly turned them off of buying a gun altogether. Again old school if you share this mentality of "this is not show and tell" that is very sad and that hurt feelings report is nothing other than a slap in the face saying "deal with it you big pu$$y" and that again is unacceptable. I normally agree with you on many things but this is not one of them and no cutting them slack that is there job and if they do not do it well than one i will not go there any longer or two they should be removed from that job, there are plenty of people that want that job and would be much more pleasent in doing the job.

I may have been a little harsh... In retrospect I wouldn't go near "The Silver Bullet" because the guy is a dick.

I agree potential customers should be cultivated.

And I'm glad you are willing to buy local and if I understand you correctly are willing to pay a little more to those stores carrying inventory.

Never once had any issues with any 'asshole sales people' in any gun transactions anywhere in NJ...what am I doing wrong...I get service, and get to see and hold what I want. I can understand if you did not have permit in hand, and you acted like a bunch of pollyanna's wanting to 'feel a whole bunch of guns', the salesman could get frustrated because he KNOWS he is NOT making a sale at that moment. Factor in a big a** filtration system that needs paying for, insurance premiums, payroll, lights, taxes, permits, etc...and you know why the average small shop owner (gun store or not) wants to make a sale. The fault here is that the salesperson did not handle it correctly, and probably should have said 'no more show and tell', but showed you everything you wanted to see and should have tried to narrow down what you are looking for so he can show you relevant merchandise. In Italy at the produce markets, the lady will smack the shit out of your hand if you pick up a tomato to 'check it'. It is understood that all of her tomato's are fresh, picking them up with no intention of buying is an insult in a way...a little customer service on the part of Shoreshot would have went a long way. I went to shoreshot once on my birthday, bought a Kimber Stainless Raptor and he gave me free range time and a box of ammo and said "Happy Birthday!' If I did not live so far, I would go back with no hesitation.

This post gave me a good laugh. Comparing the purchase of a tomato, in Italy no less, to the purchase of a firearm. A tomato is a tomato, little personal preference, feel, etc. A person who wants to handle something they are going to drop a few hundred bucks on is a pollyanna? Sounds like in this case the salesman would have made a sale if he wasn't a complete douchenozzle. If you think it's ok for a salesperson to get an attitude because they aren't making a sale at that moment then you don't know shit about sales. Any good sales manager would boot your a** to the curb for expressing such a stupid thought. Great way to run a business. lol

With this kind of attitude you would get the same type of reviews SS is getting. I should look like a customer to the salesman. If I look like anything other than that it's probably because the sales person is a moron and knows little about sales. Sure there are cases when a customer can be a complete tool and in those cases I don't expect the sales person to be a complete saint. Regardless, If SS can afford to scare business away in this economy good for them. Lots of other vendors in NJ and they don't act like they can't be bothered.

:

Isn't that the only point?

For what it's worth, I don't always want to just go in and buy in the first shop I go to. Sometimes I might want to see a pistol before the p2p shows up.

If a shop can't deal with people shopping around then they can go fill out your form.

As far as policy goes, my recent experience at Bullet hole was good and seems like they have some good policies in place. You can't see a gun without showing a FPID. Never asked about a p2p. They showed me a half a dozen and I almost bought none until I saw this gem under the glass that had been covered.

At one point I asked "is it okay if I dry fire this pistol?" and the guy said "I prefer that you don't."

Being polite is too easy. All that stuff about running a store is interesting and I keep it in mind when buying, but like the man says, it's not an excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your thinking is pretty common in small businesses and contributes to the downfall of many. Since it is so easy to research and price shop over the internet, a local shop has great difficulty matching prices due to the overhead of maintaining a physical storefront. We all know this.

Some will shop strictly for the lowest price no matter what. Others, like me could go either way. I will pay a reasonable premium to support a local business that treats me right. Otherwise, why pay more if the service is terrible?

SS and others like it must do something to differentiate itself from the internet sellers. If potential and existing customers are turning away with the current level of service, the service must improve. Doing less is the best way to continue a downward spiral. You can see how quickly word travels about negative experiences.

Stories like these remind me of why I stopped buying motorcycle parts from local dealers. Surly attitudes, being ignored and treated like a nuiscance if every order wasn't big told me exactly where I stood. Why in the world would I pay more to a local store to be treated WORSE than I am over the internet?

Your thinking is pretty common in small businesses and contributes to the downfall of many. Since it is so easy to research and price shop over the internet, a local shop has great difficulty matching prices due to the overhead of maintaining a physical storefront. We all know this.

Some will shop strictly for the lowest price no matter what. Others, like me could go either way. I will pay a reasonable premium to support a local business that treats me right. Otherwise, why pay more if the service is terrible? I'm certainly not supporting SS or poor service. I'm just saying that salesmen meet many obsticles and many "Foul Balls".

SS and others like it must do something to differentiate itself from the internet sellers. If potential and existing customers are turning away with the current level of service, the service must improve. Doing less is the best way to continue a downward spiral. You can see how quickly word travels about negative experiences. Agreed

Stories like these remind me of why I stopped buying motorcycle parts from local dealers. Surly attitudes, being ignored and treated like a nuiscance if every order wasn't big told me exactly where I stood. Why in the world would I pay more to a local store to be treated WORSE than I am over the internet? I make every effort to buy my motorcycle parts locally. Because when I need that little part that's in a box in the back, I can't go looking for that little widget on the internet

I was contemplating joining brick armory or ss a few months ago. I chose brick because it was a larger range and it seems to be less packed. I have had very good experiences and have had down right enraging experiences at both SS and Brick Armory. I honestly think its a case of one bad apple spoils the bunch. The same has happened to me at Cheyenne and sportsman's center. There are great helpful guys at every store I mentioned but I shouldn't have to roll the dice when I go in and hope to get a good one.

I was contemplating joining brick armory or ss a few months ago. I chose brick because it was a larger range and it seems to be less packed. I have had very good experiences and have had down right enraging experiences at both SS and Brick Armory. I honestly think its a case of one bad apple spoils the bunch. The same has happened to me at Cheyenne and sportsman's center. There are great helpful guys at every store I mentioned but I shouldn't have to roll the dice when I go in and hope to get a good one.

this

I used to love brick and then i felt it went downhill so then i joined SS and then SS went down and now it seems like Brick has picked up the slack and has come a long way from when i had left them and am now liking brick again

this

I used to love brick and then i felt it went downhill so then i joined SS and then SS went down and now it seems like Brick has picked up the slack and has come a long way from when i had left them and am now liking brick again

Honestly I think it just depends on what day you go in and who's behind the counter . Which is ridiculous. I can't wait till I have some extra cash to join cjrp club. I'll be done with both of em for good.

i dont need them at all my father works down in lacey / forked river and there is a private range on his job site and they have like 500 acres so we have a 200 yard range and a quarry that we can shoot well over 1000 yards so F them lol. if i need guns ill go to paul

I'm certainly not supporting SS or poor service. I'm just saying that salesmen meet many obsticles and many "Foul Balls".

I've been in sales for over 20 years, and in my business I invest a hell of a lot more time and effort in each prospect than opening a gun case. Believe me, I understand the frustration of dealing with wheel-spinners and lookie-loos, not to mention downright liars and cheats. It's a part of sales. I have gotten pretty good at determining the quality of the prospect by now. Those that don't seem serious get less effort from me, but they are never treated rudely or unprofessionally. The fact that the job can be furustrating is no justification being unprofessional. Anyone who can't take the heat should find a new vocation. More importantly, any business that does not continually evaluate its staff and make corrections as necessary is not deserving of my business.

I make every effort to buy my motorcycle parts locally. Because when I need that little part that's in a box in the back, I can't go looking for that little widget on the internet

I have not found a single local dealer who treated me right in the pats department. This includes one who I had bought a brand-new ZX-9R from a month earlier. No way in hell I'm going to stand in front of the counter being ignored while 3 employees stand around BSing about their weekend. If you have someone good, that's gold. I never did and now there's no turning back for me. I need zero help from these guys except for them to take my money and hand me my part. I can do this myself over the internet, get exactly what I need and I don't have to burn a drop of gas to do so. If the dealers near me have a box of otherwise unobtainable parts in the back I sure wouldn't know it. That would require one of them to actually show an interest in what I needed. If they can't be bothered to get off their asses to sell me a couple spark plugs today, there's no way in hell I'm going to give them an order for tires next month. Sounds to me like some of these gun shops are headed the same way.

That's the reason I joined cjrpc expensive the first year but after that the are only 25 dollars more a year than SS plus you don't have to worry as much as to who is shooting next to you.

The thing that scared me away from SS (besides not having the range of different shooting opportunity ) was I had just finished shooting and a very old man came in who was already a member. They sent him out onto the range with Phil and Phil came back out five minutes later and goes this guy can't shoot here he needs a private no one else on the range lesson just to get up to safety standards. But he was a yearly member isn't that something you might want to know before you sell some a membership

That plus I am not even going to go into the rental people that have never even held a gun before one RO and three newbies with no experience makes me very nervous

Now I am not saying there are not dumb asses at cjrpc I would just hope there are alot less

That's the reason I joined cjrpc expensive the first year but after that the are only 25 dollars more a year than SS plus you don't have to worry as much as to who is shooting next to you.

The thing that scared me away from SS (besides not having the range of different shooting opportunity ) was I had just finished shooting and a very old man came in who was already a member. They sent him out onto the range with Phil and Phil came back out five minutes later and goes this guy can't shoot here he needs a private no one else on the range lesson just to get up to safety standards. But he was a yearly member isn't that something you might want to know before you sell some a membership

That plus I am not even going to go into the rental people that have never even held a gun before one RO and three newbies with no experience makes me very nervous

Now I am not saying there are not dumb asses at cjrpc I would just hope there are alot less

i hate having many people shoot around me that have no idea what they are doing. if a experienced shooter has a malfunction or issue they can deal with it in a safe manner and keep the gun down range , new shooters on the other hand wont do that. just the other day my friend had done trigger work on his 1911, we were at the range and i was shooting it and then i pulled the trigger and nothing happened not even a click i kept the gun down range and inspect to make sure there was not a jam and then all about 3-4 seconds later the firing pin was released and bang. I however kept the muzzle downrange and the only thing that came of it was a good jump out of me, if this was someone that was inexperienced than it couldve been his life or someones around him.

but that is a little off topic lol

back on topic i believe SS does watch the shooters very well though

i hate having many people shoot around me that have no idea what they are doing. if a experienced shooter has a malfunction or issue they can deal with it in a safe manner and keep the gun down range , new shooters on the other hand wont do that. just the other day my friend had done trigger work on his 1911, we were at the range and i was shooting it and then i pulled the trigger and nothing happened not even a click i kept the gun down range and inspect to make sure there was not a jam and then all about 3-4 seconds later the firing pin was released and bang. I however kept the muzzle downrange and the only thing that came of it was a good jump out of me, if this was someone that was inexperienced than it couldve been his life or someones around him.

but that is a little off topic lol

back on topic i believe SS does watch the shooters very well though

Not to go off topic, but, when did the hammer drop?

LOL im assuming when the gun went off lol. i pulled the trigger and nothing happened so i rotated the gun sideways to check the ejection port and the hammer mustve dropped then because the gun went off it was very strange and needless to say i cleared the gun and didnt shoot it after that. he had done a whole lot to the trigger, he is a mecahnic and doesnt like to leave stuff the way it is so he is always changing parts on it and im assuming something got stuck possibly the hammer spring somehow because he replaced that as well as the safety fork on the beaver tail and the hammer released when i rotated it sideways to check the ejection port.

I spent close to $20K last year on guns and supplies. Due to the way I was treated (or mis-treated) at a certain store I wound up spreading the love between several other places and FFL's. I don't shop for the lowest prices, I go for the best service.

BTW: Gun shops in this state should also realize that we are "rushed" at times to choose our purchases beforehand due to the idiotic 30 day rule. Not all towns will extend permits. You really need to know the first two handguns you want to purchase BEFORE we get the permits, otherwise times runs-out.........

I spent close to $20K last year on guns and supplies. Due to the way I was treated (or mis-treated) at a certain store I wound up spreading the love between several other places and FFL's. I don't shop for the lowest prices, I go for the best service.

me and my father began purchasing firearms only 2 1/2 years ago and in that time we have purchased 23 guns and spent a whole lot of money at these places and for that kind of money that we have spent and the future money we will spend you think we would be treated a little better lol.

...Also I find this a perfect place to voice my opinion, it is a gun forum correct? so yes i am posting my review of this gun shop and no this is not butt hurt if you disagree with my review than please click the x either on this window tab or your web browser so you wont be hurt by what i am saying. this however is a place to discuss this and i am getting tired of people either bashing others for their opinions or just being plain jerkof*s to others. this is a gun forum for the gun community and we should respect each other and everyone's opinions.

Dave, I apologize for any butthurt you experienced by the butthurt image I posted.

I know the pain of butthurt. Why, just a couple of weeks ago I posted some videos in the daily humor thread that I thought were absolutely hilarious and Ray Ray came back and said that none of them were funny. That's a sting that just never goes away...

I actually agree with, and fully respect, your opinion of your experience at Shore Shot, but I did find that your original post had just a *wee* bit of hyperbole (-1 BEEEEEELYUNNNN!) that I played on.

Dave, I apologize for any butthurt you experienced by the butthurt image I posted.

I know the pain of butthurt. Why, just a couple of weeks ago I posted some videos in the daily humor thread that I thought were absolutely hilarious and Ray Ray came back and said that none of them were funny. That's a sting that just never goes away...

I actually agree with, and fully respect, your opinion of your experience at Shore Shot, but I did find that your original post had just a *wee* bit of hyperbole (-1 BEEEEEELYUNNNN!) that I played on.

lol your lucky i didnt do -1 infinity lol, but i however, was extremely upset and was headbutting my keyboard to type LOL and yes i remember the butthurt that you experienced last week and i got a little lol out of it so i found it humorous both the arguement and the video. if that sting still remains might i recommend preperation H for the butt hurt

LOL

I'm just going to say, I understand it can be a pain when people go in window shopping like that, but that's something every store deals with, I would know, I work in retail. The only time it's annoying to me is when we have people just looking around when it's a few minutes to closing.

That being said, the folks at Bob's little sport shop have always been good to me, they explained the FID process to me, told my friend how to reblue his grandfather's shotgun, showed me, on multiple occasions various guns I was thinking about getting before I decided on my AR build, and I've never been given attitude, in fact, they'd usually answer my questions and talk to me for a good chunk of time. As a result, they have a customer for life, I get ammo, cleaning supplies, and just about anything else I need there, and I tell others about them, not to mention I use their range.

I'm just going to say, I understand it can be a pain when people go in window shopping like that, but that's something every store deals with, I would know, I work in retail. The only time it's annoying to me is when we have people just looking around when it's a few minutes to closing.

That being said, the folks at Bob's little sport shop have always been good to me, they explained the FID process to me, told my friend how to reblue his grandfather's shotgun, showed me, on multiple occasions various guns I was thinking about getting before I decided on my AR build, and I've never been given attitude, in fact, they'd usually answer my questions and talk to me for a good chunk of time. As a result, they have a customer for life, I get ammo, cleaning supplies, and just about anything else I need there, and I tell others about them, not to mention I use their range.

this is how it should be

shops used to be places to hang out in and now they are strictly business which is actually in my opinion killing business

Do your self a favor and go to Lou's Firearms in Raritan, NJ...............they are by far the best around.....terriffic guys.

Sometime back before we found Lou's...........my son was going to purchase a handgun at Sportsman Rondevous in Flemington....they told us to come back and fill out the paperwork as they were too busy to call NICS while we waited.......my son looked at them funny and we just left........then found Lou's in Raritan........only place we deal with.