nkung

Right handed left eye dominant

I'm also right handed and left eye dominant. I mostly shoot long guns left handed. It was awkward at first, but like with most things, the more you do it the more natural it becomes. If I do shoot a long gun right handed, I will just close my left eye and use my right eye to look down the sights/scope.

If I do shoot a long gun right handed, I will just close my left eye and use my right eye to look down the sights/scope.

Another option, But unfortunetly for me. I can only close my right eye independently. I cant for the life of my just close my left eye only.Yeh...

Try shooting lefty for pistol too. I'm right handed/left eye dominant. This was becoming a performance issue as I was having trouble being consistent and getting good groupings. Although I'm a righty I play hockey lefty. So I said, "hey, maybe I should shoot lefty". The handling is awkward and something I hope to overcome but my shot is way better. I could feel it instantly, I went from inconsistent groupings of 5-15" to consistent 5" groupings.

I the opposite, left hand and right-eyed.

All my life the handling took a back seat to the eye dominance. Eye dominance is king for me and long guns are a gross motor skill, handguns not so much.

That said for iron sites I am really working out the both eyes open thing and once you get it it starts to click. It isn't natural for me yet, but I get it and can get in a zone. Soon it will be natural

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I thought I was weird being right handed but the left eye dominant. I am starting to get into rifles and may give the shooting left handed a try. I have been shutting my left eye while shooting.

I shoot all long guns lefty, I holster and shoot my hand gun from my right. I find in our situation er actually have a solution, while we would be holstering, our other left hand is on the long gun and if u train enough the transitions is smooth and fast. We also have an added benefit atleast I do... Shooting weak side the geometry is actually better for the shot then when we shoot across our bodies or cant our head to get site picture while shooting righty. Shoot Ur long guns lefty get a nice sling and practice holstering your handgun while pulling your long gun up. Only down side I find is most long guns aren't ambi, so I taught myself how to reload with my right hand which is my support hand when.shooting long guns, and got a ambi mag release so I can now reload from either side. Good luck. If u need any help reach out for me

Gotta get yourself an eyepatch.

This will work on the range but really isn't an option for other purposes.

Another option, But unfortunetly for me. I can only close my right eye independently. I cant for the life of my just close my left eye only.Yeh...

The eyepatch may help train you to exclude input from your right eye. I'm right eye, right handed and I find I keep both eyes open whether I'm shooting handguns or long guns except when shooting long guns left handed.

Same thing with me.

Do this and you ll get used to it in no time.......of course this is better with semi auto long guns

There is something you may want to try with a right handed bolt gun being shot left handed. I learned this from a guy who's been a USMC sniper for about 15 years now. He said as right handed, right eyed shooter he prefers to use a left handed bolt gun from the right shoulder as long as the bolt clears your shooting (trigger) hand. This way your support hand works the bolt and without your trigger hand being disturbed its easier and faster to get the next shot off. I tried this with a left handed bolt gun. It did feel strange but after a few rounds I could see what he meant. This may be something you can easily try as its a lot easier to find a rh bolt gun for you to try shooting from your left shoulder.

I'm also RH/LE dominant. Seems like most of us do OK with HG's, but struggle with long guns. I shoot them right handed and sight through my right eye..

I don't get the difficulty, because even though I'm LE dominant, I can still see OK out of my right eye, which I believe is true for most of us.

Have you considered getting a Trijicon Scope with BAC? Does away with those probs like parallax.... Keep both eyes open and always right on... They are not cheap though...

Sent from John's iPad