Riddle me this, just for fun, how is it legal to to have multiple rifles (nj does consider these guns, right?), which fire full auto (nj law on full auto?) Being shot in a surrounding of people (range rules?)

Just think about our screwed up rules and think about the scenerio on the boardwalk.

They get away with it for a couple of reasons.

One, they are permanently attached to the table, either by a bracket or chain.

Next they will NOT function independently of the compressor used to power said bb guns. Therefore walking down the street with one isn't really going to do much for you.

I have a 68/4500 psi carbon fiber tank that shoots 2000 paintballs easily, I'm positive it can operate the action. And permently mounted... Everyone I have used had a Walmart chain rusted attached to it. But with that logic if I permanently mount a nv mg to the back of a truck and run a aircompressor to it.. its legal? They are illegal

Hmmm I never thought of that, valid point though... I guess the town/state grants an exception so they can bring in revenue and collect taxes on it? Usually when something illegal happens in this state money is involved somewhere.

These BB guns are actually manufactured in NJ. Check out the website. http://www.shootingstargames.com/ I actually won a Wii a few years back down at Keansburg Amusement park shooting out the star. One of my useless talents came in handy. Usually I just win some massive stuffed animal and then throw it out. Anyone else ever shoot the star out?

These BB guns are actually manufactured in NJ. Check out the website. http://www.shootingstargames.com/ I actually won a Wii a few years back down at Keansburg Amusement park shooting out the star. One of my useless talents came in handy. Usually I just win some massive stuffed animal and then throw it out. Anyone else ever shoot the star out?

I have twice. But I'm 108 years old and must have spent several hundred dollars doing it.

These BB guns are actually manufactured in NJ. Check out the website. http://www.shootingstargames.com/

I actually spoke to a guy that worked at that place and asked the same question. He said that they have an exemption because of the size of the BBs used. They arent standard bb, but number 1 chilled shot, which are smaller. I could not verify this info however. They also work on 150 psi, which is more than many average home compressors.

I actually spoke to a guy that worked at that place and asked the same question. He said that they have an exemption because of the size of the BBs used. They arent standard bb, but number 1 chilled shot, which are smaller. I could not verify this info however. They also work on 150 psi, which is more than many average home compressors.

150psi is basically standard for small(TINY) portable compressors although they do vary and go lower, my 15gallon is 200psi i think, and a c02 tank will put 150psi to shame be portable and light. and i think the BB's need to be BIGGER not smaller in order to clear regulation.

That's really low, my paintball gun find at 230 lol

The tank itself is rated well above 1000psi...lol.... but i think they are 800psi full. i cant remember how high i got mine to shoot paint with out breaking the ball, but i remember cranking my regulator up to like 500psi once.

Hmmm so I can have an exception to evil features if the projectile is a certain size.......so Target shot is even smaller and even though there is 100000000 of them leaving a shotgun barrel, maybe saiga 12 with bump fire lmao..... I'm playing.... Or am I?

The tank itself is rated well above 1000psi...lol.... but i think they are 800psi full. i cant remember how high i got mine to shoot paint with out breaking the ball, but i remember cranking my regulator up to like 500psi once.

I had my cocker shooting at 750 and not breaking paint.... The paintballs were hitting so hard I was putting wholes in garbage cans!!!!

I actually spoke to a guy that worked at that place and asked the same question. He said that they have an exemption because of the size of the BBs used. They arent standard bb, but number 1 chilled shot, which are smaller. ...

I call bullsh#t. There's no exemption for projectile size in the statutes that I'm aware of.

I call bullsh#t. There's no exemption for projectile size in the statutes that I'm aware of.

Glad you put "that I'm aware of" at the end... :rtfm:

2C39-1(f) f. "Firearm" means any handgun, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, automatic or semi-automatic rifle, or any gun, device or instrument in the nature of a weapon from which may be fired or ejected any solid projectable ball, slug, pellet, missile or bullet, or

any gas, vapor or other noxious thing, by means of a cartridge or shell or by the action of an explosive or the igniting of flammable or explosive substances. It shall also include, without limitation, any firearm which is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas or vapor, air or compressed air, or is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three eighths of an inch in diameter, with sufficient force to injure a person.

Edit: wait a second Hayden, your cite is an **inclusion**, not an exemption!:

...It shall also include, without limitation, any firearm which is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas or vapor, air or compressed air, or is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three eighths of an inch in diameter, with sufficient force to injure a person.

Includes! So it means it's a firearm.

Edit: wait a second Hayden, your cite is an **inclusion**, not an exemption!: Includes! So it means it's a firearm.

I didn't say that it did not meet the definition of a firearm. I agree that it does, but you said:

and I pulled the statute that mentions projectile size to show you that there is an exemption. That exemption is actually for projectiles larger than 3/8", as jackdawack alludes to in this post:

150psi is basically standard for small(TINY) portable compressors although they do vary and go lower, my 15gallon is 200psi i think, and a c02 tank will put 150psi to shame be portable and light. and i think the BB's need to be BIGGER not smaller in order to clear regulation.

I agree, those games should not be exempt because of the projectile size, since they aren't larger than 3/8", but there is a projectile size exemption in the statutes.