Sign in to follow this  
PDM

Joe Kyrillos??

I had read some fairly negative things about Joe Kyrillos' (will be running against Menendez for US Senate) views on the 2A. OnTheIssues reports that he responded as follows regarding gun control: 1) He believes existing gun laws for NJ and that they don't need any amendments; 2) He supports restricts on the purchase and possession of guns; 3) He opposes concealed carry; and 4) He supports requiring a license for gun possession. #s 3 and 4 are obviously troubling. #s 1 and 2 are negative to neutral -- he doesn't support additional gun control measures in NJ and the question regarding restrictions on purchase and possession of guns is poorly worded -- that could mean anything from simple background checks to registration.

I dug a little further on his actual record, and saw that he voted against OGAM. So, while he is clearly less than ideal on 2A issues, that "no vote" on OGAM in and of itself leads me to conclude that I can at least vote for him over Menendez under the theory that he will do less harm than Menendez on 2A issues and will certainly be better on economic and other issues. Any views on this?

It would be political suicide to come across as pro gun rights when running against Menendez. The best he can do is maintain status quo which is everything listed. We all know that getting CCW in NJ will be a result of SCOTUS, and not the NJ legislature anyway....

GRIZ -- I understand that, but I think his NJ voting record is a good indicator of how he might vote. His vote against OGAM is definitely a positive, but then again I believe all NJ republicans voted against it so he clearly had political cover there. I have a feeling that when it comes to national carry reciprocity, he would probably vote "no" in the US Senate. Again, I think it all boils down to the fact that as it stands NJ politicians, including our Governor and guys like Kyrillos, see zero upside in extending themselves in any way on 2A issues. The best we're gonna get is neutrality and perhaps some resistance to expansion of existing gun control laws. That is, UNLESS the grassroots 2A community continues to grow and let's their voices be heard. I will vote for Kyrillos over Menendez, but I plan sending him a letter expressing my views on the 2A. The more people that do that the better,

FWIW - At a recent ANJRPC meeting this was discussed. We were given some personal testimonials who personally know him, that he would be a friendly. Then again (my take), any time a policitian's lips are moving you have to be skeptical.

Bottom line - Could you / Would you really vote for Mendenez? Or as we typically do in the PRNJ, vote against him?

GRIZ -- I understand that, but I think his NJ voting record is a good indicator of how he might vote. His vote against OGAM is definitely a positive, but then again I believe all NJ republicans voted against it so he clearly had political cover there. I have a feeling that when it comes to national carry reciprocity, he would probably vote "no" in the US Senate. Again, I think it all boils down to the fact that as it stands NJ politicians, including our Governor and guys like Kyrillos, see zero upside in extending themselves in any way on 2A issues. The best we're gonna get is neutrality and perhaps some resistance to expansion of existing gun control laws. That is, UNLESS the grassroots 2A community continues to grow and let's their voices be heard. I will vote for Kyrillos over Menendez, but I plan sending him a letter expressing my views on the 2A. The more people that do that the better,

THIS!

Joe is a typical NJ RINO, but he's better than what we got now! I'll hold my nose and push the button for him, but I wish we really had someone who is a real conservative. Trouble is, they'd never make it on the ballot, since they couldn't be a part of the County Machines that determine who gets the support of the Party.......

FWIW - At a recent ANJRPC meeting this was discussed. We were given some personal testimonials who personally know him, that he would be a friendly. Then again (my take), any time a policitian's lips are moving you have to be skeptical.

Bottom line - Could you / Would you really vote for Mendenez? Or as we typically do in the PRNJ, vote against him?

I've spoke to Kyrillos, and he never came off as an Anti...i'd settle for Neutral. as far as Menendez goes?? I wouldnt vote for him as dogcatcher, the guy is the Epitome of Hudson-County Corruption