BigAl

What's this legal system coming to

Here's another addition to the leech club, that try to make money off the legal system. Great example of why the plaintiff needs to pay the defendants legal bills if they lose. Have a look see

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nj-woman-sues-boy-threw-ball-face-league-game-article-1.1100977?localLinksEnabled=false

Though the legal system is fugged, this is not a problem with the system. This is a problem with people. Based on the article, the kids parents probably wish their son was the next Randy Johnson and hit her in the face with a 100 mph fastball.

Heard this in 880 on the way to work this morning, did the :facepalm: ..

When the hell did things, and how the heck did we get this way, I could remember people in not only my parents generation but mine also that when time were hard, or someone lost their jobs they felt embarrassed to even go apply for unemployment. They did when they had to and I know a few that skipped it and just did what they had to do and took any job to get them by until they found one in their field.

Today, it's, where is my FREE RIDE??? doesn't matter if I screwed up or who's fault something is, WHERE IS MY FREE RIDE... Just crazy..

Disgraceful...there is no way they will prove knowingly and recklessly in e kids intent because it wasn't there. Also by going to such an even you have to assume the possibility of danger just by going. We really do need the loser pays legal fees system as a lot of frivolous lawsuits may never get brought in the first place. What a disgrace

if your kid caused a stranger to get surgery from something like this, you wouldn't feel the need to help cover the expenses in some way? even if it was an accident? If he had broken a car window, or a house window you would pay for that though right? why not someones teeth or face?

if your kid caused a stranger to get surgery from something like this, you wouldn't feel the need to help cover the expenses in some way? even if it was an accident? If he had broken a car window, or a house window you would pay for that though right? why not someones teeth or face?

Because she was in a place of Assumed risk. If you are skiing and someone runs into you you can't sue it's part of the assumed risk. If you go to a baseball game and get hit by a ball again it's part of the risk of going to the game.

Put it this way if you park your car on the train tracks its your fault when it gets demolished by the train.

Because she was in a place of Assumed risk. If you are skiing and someone runs into you you can't sue it's part of the assumed risk. If you go to a baseball game and get hit by a ball again it's part of the risk of going to the game.

Put it this way if you park your car on the train tracks its your fault when it gets demolished by the train.

if you put your car on a train track, you know your car isnt supposed to be there, if someone slams into you on a slope during skiing, it absolutely is the person behind you's responsibility to see you and slow down (have you been skiing?). Just because there is assumed risk, doesn't make the person that caused the accident untouchable..now with that said.. i cant imagine how this lady got hit in the face while the catcher and pitcher were warming up.. she had to be in a place she shouldnt have been (unless it was on purpose like she is trying to say, which i doubt)..

if you put your car on a train track, you know your car isnt supposed to be there, if someone slams into you on a slope during skiing, it absolutely is the person behind you's responsibility to see you and slow down (have you been skiing?). Just because there is assumed risk, doesn't make the person that caused the accident untouchable..now with that said.. i cant imagine how this lady got hit in the face while the catcher and pitcher were warming up.. she had to be in a place she shouldnt have been (unless it was on purpose like she is trying to say, which i doubt)..

Ok try reading the back of your ticket before you enter a baseball game or go skiing sometime. Maybe you will become enlightened.

http://www.google.co...E04U7HI_0jkZzBA

She was in the stands next to field where there is the assumption that you can be hit by thrown/hit ball.

This was a little league baseball game. i doubt they sold tickets, let alone a written disclaimer for people to read ( not to mention, i doubt that would even hold up in court)

that document about skiing is quite different than a baseball/hockey game, skiing requires your participation. "Voluntary assumption of risk and contributory negligence".

There can be no negligence while watching a baseball game, unless you are running across the field and get wacked in the back of the head..

hold off on the legal shit for a second okay? i'm asking, regardless of laws, lets say, if your wife or daughter got hit in the nose/mouth area (with surgery required) with a baseball from a baseball game,

you wouldn't feel that some type of compensation was in order to at least HELP pay for the hospitalization? ESPECIALLY at a major league game, where the stadium makes millions upon millions each game.

Guess the hubby liked to "stick it in her eye" .what else could it be. swollen eye= swollen lips?

Mark, i would say your kid got bonked in the face for not paying attention .

i dont have any kids, thank god. but were not talking about a black eye and swollen lips here, were talkin' teeth implants... lol