BlueLineFish

Handled an XDS

Its an interesting concept, although I haven't handled one yet.

You are trading 7+1 or 6+1 rounds of 9mm from a PF9/PM9/Nano/Sheild for 5+1 of .45 ACP with the XDS.

On one hand, you aren't getting that much more from it than you would a moon clip revolver, except that it will be thinner. It will also be more expensive to train with and shoot.

I can't see people turning in their PM9s unless they really want a small .45. But I see an application for guys who like .45s but don't have the money for a Kimber Ultra Carry.

Just picked up an XDS today. Springfield just released a 7 round magazine as well so you'll get 7 + 1. I ordered 2 so hopefully I get them next week. It was between the XDS and PPS for me and both felt good in my hands. I'll probably pick up the PPS the next time I apply for permits.

I really really like the XDS, and it has one of the best triggers on the subcompact market, not to mention great recoil control for the big .45 cartridge. I may have to go find one if my Sig sells.

I handled one in a shop the other day and it was AMAZINGLY comfortable. I was a little put-off by the 5+1, but I really want a small carry 45, I love 1911s (would really like a Colt Defender) but they're so expensive. Glocks are ok but I'm not 100% comfortable with no safety at all. M&Ps aren't small enough, nor Sigs. I've also been looking at the Bersa Ultra Compact 45- on the line as far as size but they get great reviews except for cheap mags and you can get one for just over $400 at Bud's, but it's an oddball gun and probably a little trouble to get parts, accessories, and repairs. The XD 45s aren't small enough either, but this XDS is so THIN it is really interesting. I saw on their website the 7 rd mag, and this gun is starting to look better and better.

I got my 7 round mags in yesterday. They add about an inch to the gun and allows for your pinky to sit comfortably. Still have to find time to get to the range to try it out with both mags though.

Could you post a pic of both mags in the gun?

dam, im liking this even more!!! nice one... how much?

I paid $575 for it. The 7 round magazines were $35 each.

Thanks bro, wonder if they'll make a 6 round too. I really like this little 45

I haven't heard anything about a 6 round mag, but I do know that Pierce is making a magazine extension for the standard magazine.

Was at my dealer today and thwy had a few in stock. Very nice little piece. Weight was good. Ergos felt great. Too bad no 9mm or thos would be my new off duty carry

The S&W M&P Shield rocks and it is thin. It might be a real nice alternative since there isn't an XDS in 9mm. The thumb safety doesn't get in the way at all and it is my choice for a carry gun if I want something thinner than a G19/23.

It's only negative is its capacity and it points very well.