hopper

Crypt Keeper at it again

I like how he says " We have to face the reality that these types of tragedies will continue to occur unless we do something about our nation’s lax gun laws.” does he realize these tragedies happen everyday in his own state and we have some of the strictest gun laws around , criminals and nut jobs dont care about laws , whether its a gun , knife or truck load of fertilizer they will find a way to harm innocent people !!!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better. I'm not usually like this but I can't way for the day that prick passes. First one to jump on soap box. Forget about showing any compassion...

He spouts off immediately about laws! Most of the time he shoots his pie hole off, he barely has half the facts! Blah!

Apparantly the only one who can get him out of office is the grim reaper

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple... ;)

Laut-and-crap doesn't care about which it is. He wants them gone, period!

Never mind the fact that nothing in his precious assault weapons ban would have prevented holmes from legally obtaining a functionally identical rifle. Even with 15 rd mags, he could reload in a second against an unarmed target.

Sooo.... what is the gun community doing to reverse these negative associations with firearms ownership and nut-jobs? What are we doing to prevent the current situation from being twisted and used to deny us our freedoms?

Or are we just going to wait it out and hope nothing happens. Not saying I know the best way to handle this situation, but I'm not quite sure silence is the way to go...

Ummmmm, you really need to ask that here?

Sooo.... what is the gun community doing to reverse these negative associations with firearms ownership and nut-jobs? What are we doing to prevent the current situation from being twisted and used to deny us our freedoms?

Or are we just going to wait it out and hope nothing happens. Not saying I know the best way to handle this situation, but I'm not quite sure silence is the way to go...

I was at a graduation party this weekend. The Aurora tragedy came up for discussion. To my surprise, someone else at the party said "more gun laws won't stop this kind of thing, the psychos will always get their weapon, what we need is for more people carrying guns to protect themselves"..."the more people that carry guns, the less apt these psychos will be able to do this kind of thing". Shockingly this came from a democrat, non-gun owner. Almost all the rest of the people at the table of 7 or so agreed. None of them were gun owners except for me.

I think that generally people are waking up to reality. They are finally starting to realize these politicians with their feel-good do-nothing laws are in fact hurting the country. They all seemed to understand that do-nothing laws like "gun free zones" or laws that only hinder the law-abiding do nothing in terms of protecting the public.

I was at a graduation party this weekend. The Aurora tragedy came up for discussion. To my surprise, someone else at the party said "more gun laws won't stop this kind of thing, the psychos will always get their weapon, what we need is for more people carrying guns to protect themselves"..."the more people that carry guns, the less apt these psychos will be able to do this kind of thing". Shockingly this came from a democrat, non-gun owner. Almost all the rest of the people at the table of 7 or so agreed. None of them were gun owners except for me.

Take them shooting as soon as possible. :) We could use another seven people very badly.

That is a good sign! The politicians and LEO brass need to admit that it is no longer possible to protect all the citizens in NJ... Let alone in a lot of areas in the country. We are one of the densest states in the country and unfortunately, the most dense politicians that are no more than greedy pukes. I recall years ago, can't remember what state. A county sheriff went on the media and announced that he can no longer protect the citizens of his county. He also announced that he was going to start granting carrying permits and they should protect themselves any way necessary. The state went nuts and told him he can't do that. He basically said screw you. Don't remember the final outcome, but he told it like it was. We are no different here. I would never blame the LEOs.. It's not their faults. Blame some of the brass and politicians. Don't think it can't be the brasses fault? Look at some of these towns and what they make. Better yet, look up the sheriff on Cajun Justice. He just lost his position to the old sheriff. See what he was doing wasting funds. The system is corrupt bureaucratically.

I think that generally people are waking up to reality. They are finally starting to realize these politicians with their feel-good do-nothing laws are in fact hurting the country. They all seemed to understand that do-nothing laws like "gun free zones" or laws that only hinder the law-abiding do nothing in terms of protecting the public.

What is the most sad? That unless something like this has a personal effect (like a family member or close friend being one of the victims), the anti-gun lobby actually is glad that this happened. I mean, if it doesn't effect them, it is only 12 people dead right? Do you think they actually care about the victims? Hell no. They care that they can spin this to help their agenda. I don't just mean this incident, or just the anti-gun politicians, but rather that is how politics work.

Anyone know what a "Hellfire Switch" is? That idiot Diane Feinstein, yes, author of the Federal AWB was on Fox News Sunday saying Americans don't need these " powerful military style weapons" with 100 round "clips" that they can put "hellfire switches" on and fire them so fast.

what an f'ing retard.

http://www.ak-47.net...s/hellfire.html

Actually, I think we have Joe Biden and the state of NJ to thank for the Federal AWB. Biden is credited as the autor and it was based on NJ's passed into state law the year before the federal ban.

They been around awhile. Some in different forms.

Anyone know what a "Hellfire Switch" is? That idiot Diane Feinstein, yes, author of the Federal AWB was on Fox News Sunday saying Americans don't need these " powerful military style weapons" with 100 round "clips" that they can put "hellfire switches" on and fire them so fast.

what an f'ing retard.

http://www.ak-47.net...s/hellfire.html

Actually, I think we have Joe Biden and the state of NJ to thank for the Federal AWB. Biden is credited as the autor and it was based on NJ's passed into state law the year before the federal ban.

Thanks for the link Bob, never heard of them, thought she was making something up. I've heard it said before and she said it today that she was involved in the law after. It was after the mayor of San Francisco, I think, and Harvey Milk were killed by a colleague of hers.

I'm sure this will be discussed at the NJ2AS meeting in Winslow this Wednesday. Come on out!

Why do they insist on banning guns and such? Criminals know they are protected by certain laws. Once they are in police custody they feel safe because they are protected by the law even then. Why don't they make prison more feared than it is. They should be guilty until proven innocent. Not the other way around. I hate to say it but sometime ruling in fear is the best way to go. Ive heard numerous times that if we could all carry a gun criminals are less likely to pull a gun because he'd have one or more pointing right back at him. So let's stop attacking gun laws and work on those laws that protect criminals.

Add to the above (Bill Kristol) the conservative Andrea Peyser of the New York Post, who says in today's column that there are "too many guns". Also, the predictable Mike Lupica over at the NY Daily News quoted a Vermont gun store owner who vilified anyone who owns "black guns (his words)", rather than the high-end shotguns he specializes in.

Wow. With "friends" like this FFL who needs enemies?

I would hope any sensible firearms enthusiast in that state will take their business elsewhere in view of this guy's stance.

I'm sorry but Inocent until proven guilty is a winner in my book. Try being tossed in general population in jail because someone has the same name as you and you may feel the same way.

True... Maybe that was a bad way to put it. I just don't think it should be so easy to hide behind the law. I'm watching this live coverage of the Colorado shooting and they're sitting there talking about how he may not be mentally competent, and it's just making me so mad right now. If he was competent enough to come up with such an elaborate plan he should be competent enough to stand behind his decisions.