Sign in to follow this  
FnF8guy

Holster questions

I currently own a Walther PPQ and a Walther PPS. I'm considering trying out some competition shooting in the future and am looking for an OWB holster for my PPQ that would be legal for various competitions. I'm also looking for a comfortable IWB for my PPS. Right now I'm considering a Kaluban Cloak for the PPQ and either a Crossbreed SuperTuck or a Garrett Silent Thunder Fusion for the PPS. Anyone have experience with these holsters or have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Thanks. How is the wait time on a Bladetech?

Bladetech quotes 5 weeks. May be slightly longer - SgtToadette is expecting his Bladetech PPQ holster this Monday, but his had to be ordered because he's LH'd. They may have built up some inventory by now. Best thing to do is to call and check.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I have the Supertuck for my XDm compact .45. It is comfortable but I much prefer OWB like a Safariland as I'm a lean dude. I've never found a IWB that felt "luxurious". It's alright in the car but I wouldn't want to go on a road trip wearing it. It feels best when I am sitting in a position that I can get it off my back by a small angle, i.e. letting the back of my pants sit half an inch lower than normal and/or leaning slightly forward. No one has called me out on printing. Try out the combat cut either as an order option or DIY as I can't imagine drawing with a full leather backing.

As Bob said I should have mine on the 30th. When it arrives I'll be sure to let you know how it works and try to post some pictures.

Cool -- We got a chance to see Bob's Double Alpha PDR holser when we met up, but he hand't received his Blade-Tech yet.

Bladetech quotes 5 weeks. May be slightly longer - SgtToadette is expecting his Bladetech PPQ holster this Monday, but his had to be ordered because he's LH'd. They may have built up some inventory by now. Best thing to do is to call and check.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I ordered a Bladetech DOH for my M&P 40 pro (a lefty version also) on July 27th and received it yesterday. So a little bit better than the five weeks they're quoting on their site.

On the Bladetech DOH, which is the best belt attachment to get for use on a single non-comp belt, the tech-loc or their belt loop? The newly redesigned tech-loc looks like it will run fine on a standard utility belt, its less wide than the belt-loop atachment so it looks like it gives you more options for placement. It also does not look too bad to put on and off a belt you are already wearing. Thoughts?

On the Bladetech DOH, which is the best belt attachment to get for use on a single non-comp belt, the tech-loc or their belt loop? The newly redesigned tech-loc looks like it will run fine on a standard utility belt, its less wide than the belt-loop atachment so it looks like it gives you more options for placement. It also does not look too bad to put on and off a belt you are already wearing. Thoughts?

Tecklock is great.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Tech-Lock is a great system, but moreso when you are running a comp (over/under) belt system, where you are not dealing with belt keepers (loops). If you intend to use this on the belt that holds-up your pants, the Stingray is the better option.

With the SR you can bridge belt loops. In IDPA, for instance, the gun has to be on your body's vertical centerline. Generally the side seam of your pant leg is a good indicator of this position and every pair of pants that I own, have a belt keeper at the top of the seam. With the TL you have to either position the holster ahead of that belt loop (illegal for IDPA - probably OK for USPSA since their criteria is the point of the hip), or behind it - which can make for an awkward draw angle for some people. The SR can bridge that belt loop and place the holster/gun right on the seam. This also helps stabilize the holster/gun by preventing movement on the belt. TL's are great for mag pouches, as for holsters, take the above into account.

JMHO

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thank you for this! I will go with the tec-lok and doh for uspsa as I have my current holster before the belt loop, and for idpa will mount the base holster (remove the doh piece, it can be removed correct?) on the asr mount.

Yes. So you will have the holster, the DOH piece a SR and a TL mount.