To34

Hello & some help please...

So I have been cut a set of orders that will have be stationed in New Jersey, (lakehurst area) and after 5 years of being stationed in Cal I didn't think the gun laws could become even more confusing. Though here I am (thank you all for this site tons of info). I am very confused on what is and is not allowed. When I move I'll have the chance to stop off at my Father-in-laws who has a FFL and a few of my non-cal guns. At the moment, I simply would like to ensure I am able to bring in a few of my hand guns but can't seem to find a clear answer.

My intro, background active duty military loves to shoot & bow hunt, but starting to become more curious of the civilian defense fire arm now that I'm a family man.

I'm sure I'll have more questions but will post them else where in the site.

Thankfully there are sites like this one to help.

WELCOME!!!

Stationed in NJ...someone drew the short straw, lol. Lakehurst is a Navy base, I believe? We got quite a few ex-military on here, and a couple active.

If you have any specific questions as to what is legal and isn't, feel free to post them up and we'll be glad to give you the advice you need.

Below is a great NJ gun laws 101, if you haven't already I would suggest giving it a read. :friends:

>> http://njgunforums.c...un-law-summary/

It's the button on the side of an AR that releases the mag. In CA, it is replaced so the button is not pushable to release the mag. Instead, the center of the button is pushed with something small like a bullet tip to release the mag. Penal code bs that restricts having an easily removable magazine.Oh, and welcome to34....

Welcome to NJ. I would think that most anything that is Cali legal would be legal here?Alec, what is a "Bullet Button"? I have never heard that term.
Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HDTypos courtesy Apple...

Short Version: Anything you have that is California Legal is *probably* good-to-go here, unless you have an AR pistol, a Tec-9 or something like those.

You can't have over 15 rounds in a magazine, but California restricts you to 10, so you should be good on handguns.

Once you get here, you are going to need to get a Firearms ID card in order to purchase ammunition or more firearms. I'm not quite sure how you would do that if you live on post (perhaps go though the state police). If you are living off post, you apply for your card in the town where you live.

If you could give us a list of firearms that you plan to bring, we could help you out with what is legal and what is not.

Sure more than willing to post up a list of what I would like to bring in most importantly would be my CZ75's though looks like I'll need to keep the 10 round mags? Where in the forum would be a good place to post my list of what I want to bring? Plus I'm actually a resident (home of record of Washington)

Thanks.

Short Version: Anything you have that is California Legal is *probably* good-to-go here, unless you have an AR pistol, a Tec-9 or something like those.

You can't have over 15 rounds in a magazine, but California restricts you to 10, so you should be good on handguns.

Once you get here, you are going to need to get a Firearms ID card in order to purchase ammunition or more firearms. I'm not quite sure how you would do that if you live on post (perhaps go though the state police). If you are living off post, you apply for your card in the town where you live.

If you could give us a list of firearms that you plan to bring, we could help you out with what is legal and what is not.

Welcome to the Forums! I would suggest listing what you're planning on bringing with you in the NJ Gun Laws section. There are a few differences between CA and NJ. As mentioned the 15 round mag limit, which applies to rifles as well as handguns. Also my favorite wacky law: The M1 Carbine is considered a prohibited assault weapon in NJ. :rolleyes: