DargZ

Spikes Tactical 14.5" Lightweight 5.56/.223 DynaComp BAR-12 Upper Receiver

For those of you still looking for a Spike Tactical Upper, Aim Surplus has the Spikes Tactical 14.5" Lightweight 5.56/.223 DynaComp BAR-12 Upper Receiver in stock.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XSTU5050R2D

Spike's Tactical Lightweight .223/5.56x45 caliber Complete Upper Receiver assemblies for AR15/M16 type Rifles. These rifles feature a 14.5" Light Weight barrel with permanently attached DynaComp muzzle break for 16" total length and Spike's 12" BAR 4 Rail Free Float Handguard. Complete Upper receiver assembly and includes Spike's Tactical Tungsten filled ST-T2 heavy recoil buffer.

Upper receiver specs

•Spike's Tactical M4 flat top upper receiver, Machined from a 7075 T6 Mil-Spec Forging with Mil-Spec Type III Hard coat Anodized finish, T-markings, Spike’s logo and M4 feed ramps.

•Barrel is certified MIL-B-11595E CMV. Bolt & barrel are HPT/MPI tested, M4 barrel extension, Chrome chamber and bore, 5.56mm Nato chamber, 1:7 Twist, Magnetic particle testing on every barrel, Phosphate finish.

•Lightweight (Pencil) Profile with Mid-length gas system.

•Barrel is Phosphate finished under the .625 pinned gas block.

•The M16 carriers are Chrome lined with a Mil-Spec phosphate finish.

•Forged Mil-Spec carrier key, Chrome lined, attached with Grade 8 hardware and Properly staked.

•HP/MP Tested Bolt, Each extractor is fitted with a Mil-Spec black insert and Mil-Spec Viton o-ring.

•Spike's Tactical 12" BAR 4 Rail Free Floating Handguard.

•Pinned Spike's Tactical DyanComp Muzzle Break.

•Includes ST-T2 buffer.

12" BAR Handguard Specs

The Spike's Tactical 12” BAR Rail is a 1pc free floating quad-rail that’s machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum with a barrel nut machined from 7075-T6 Aluminum and finished in type III Hardcoat Anodizing on the rail and barrel nut. The 12” BAR rail weighs in at 479 grams (16.89 oz.) and has an ID of 1.79”.

The BAR rail also features scalloping on the rails that not only saves a little bit more weight but also allows you to run this rail without any rail covers! This sounds like an outlandish claim to those who have had their hands cut up on other quad-rails that have been lovingly called “cheese graters”. The BAR also offers excellent heat ventilation, built in anti-rotation tabs to keep the rail and even the barrel nut from coming loose, and of course; sexy styling.

But wait, there’s more! The BAR has 5 built in QD sockets (sling attachment points), allows for a continuous top rail, it’s compatible with many low profile gas blocks, and it’s made right here in the USA and backed by Spike's Tactical's LIFETIME WARRANTY!

FEATURES:

• 1pc free float design

• Rail is Machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum

• Barrel nut is Machined from 7075-T6 Aluminum

• Type III Hardcoat Anodized Black on the rail and barrel nut

• Built in Anti-Rotation tabs

• excellent heat ventilation, and sexy styling

• Scalloped rails

• 5 Built in QD sockets (Sling attachment points)

• Rail attaches to the barrel nut w/ (8) T-20 Grade 8 Torx screws

• Continuous top rail

• Compatible with Many Low profile gas blocks

• Barrel nut works with standard USGI barrel nut wrench

Spikes Tactical Dynacomp Extreme

Spike's Tactical Dynacomp Extreme muzzle break reduces felt recoil and helps combat muzzle climb. These muzzle breaks are Manufactured 303 Stainless Steel and feature a Melonited black finish for wear resistance from high volume shooting. Machined to be completely concentric, included threading, not taped after the fact. The ports are ball dimpled for optimal expansion of gases and heat dissipation. The Dynacomp's are also long enough to extend your 14.5" barrel to an ATF acceptable 16".

Bolt Carrier Group Specs

Spike's Tactical Complete 5.56 Bolt Carrier Group. Complete with Bolt Carrier, Bolt and Firing Pin, Military Spec. Heavy Phosphate Coated, and feature a properly staked gas key. BCGs are machines from Carpenter 158 Steel. Gas Keys are also hardened. HPT/MPI Bolt.

-Mil-Spec firing pin retaining pin with 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish

-Mil-Spec cam pin with 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish.

-Mil-Spec firing pin with 1.2.2.2 MIL-STD-171 hard chrome finish.

-Tool steel extractor, shot peened, 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish, fitted with a Mil-Spec black extractor spring insert and Mil-Spec Viton o-ring.

-All bolts are Individually High Pressure Tested (HPT) and then Individually Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI).

-All bolts are shot peened per the current Mil-Spec.

-Bolts have 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish inside and out.

-Bolts are CNC machined from Carpenter No. 158®.

-Carrier key is attached with Grade 8 hardware and properly staked per the Mil-Spec.

-Carrier key has 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish inside and out.

-Mil-Spec tool steel carrier key.

-Laser engraved with ST Spider logo (visable through ejection port door opening).

-Carrier has 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish inside and out

-Mil-Spec 8620 tool steel M16 bolt carrier w/shrouded firing pin.

Bolt carrier group specifications-Spike's Tactical Complete Bolt Carrier Group. Complete with Bolt Carrier, Bolt and Firing Pin. These High Quality Bolt Carrier Groups are all HBT & MP Tested, Military Spec. Heavy Phosphate Coated, and feature a properly staked gas key. BCGs are machines from Carpenter 158 Steel. Gas Keys are also hardened.

I was waiting and finally ordered it from Joe Bob's instead. The lower comes back in stock quite often recently. I guess Spikes is stepping up production.

I paired the Spikes lower with this same upper and there is almost no play between the upper and lower which was surprising.

I forgot to mention the best part of this upper is that there is no work required to make it NJ legal. The muzzle break is NJ legal and no bayonet lug to worry about. Ship it directly to your house and slap it onto your lower.

Damnit, this is so tempting!!!!!!!! I already have a complete AR that I built a few months ago that I love... but this is the EXACT upper that I've wanted to go with my Spikes lower, for a long time. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Thanks i got the email notification yesterday when i was mowing my lawn. I just ordered it so glad i do the bills, lol. I am deciding if i will wait for it to arrive and tell the wife or just see how long I can go and show her when it is all together. lol

Complete Upper receiver assembly and includes Spike's Tactical Tungsten filled ST-T2 heavy recoil buffer.

I read in the description that as per spikes they no longer include the buffer. A day after this post new pics of the upper without the buffer popped up. So dont be surprised if youre expecting it and it's not there.

Anyone get a shipped notification yet? Im curious to see about this upper... was never drawn to the middy but its worth a go I guess.

I read in the description that as per spikes they no longer include the buffer. A day after this post new pics of the upper without the buffer popped up. So dont be surprised if youre expecting it and it's not there.

Anyone get a shipped notification yet? Im curious to see about this upper... was never drawn to the middy but its worth a go I guess.

If they dont include the buffer, that's really messed up. They had it listed on the description when I ordered it, so I'm hoping that it's going to be in the box. If not, Im going to call them and ask that they make it right... If they messed up and used the wrong description, that's not the customers fault.

No shipping notification yet... My order status was in "pending" status and then today changed to "processing". So, Im hoping it will ship sometime tomorrow so I have it by early to mid next week.

YAY! Cant wait to get home and see mine. Mother in law said i had a package :)

I also picked up a Vortec SPARC

R14 is calling my name now! :)

Yours come w/ the buffer or not??

Guess i need to pick up some rail covers now...

The sling point think that it comes with, is there anything else you need to buy or is it all included??

YAY! Cant wait to get home and see mine. Mother in law said i had a package :)

I also picked up a Vortec SPARC

R14 is calling my name now! :)

Yours come w/ the buffer or not??

Guess i need to pick up some rail covers now...

The sling point think that it comes with, is there anything else you need to buy or is it all included??

No buffer :( I think I'm going to call them and see if I can get it out of them. They did have it listed as part of the package when I ordered... so I think they really should include it.

It did come with 3 ladder rail covers that are pretty cool. So depending on what style you like, you might not have to buy any. I had Magpul XTM covers on my previous upper... and I really like those too. For now I'm going to stick with the ladder rail covers that came with the upper.

The QD sling point was in the box with mine... so no need to buy one of those.

If you have the red dot, then the only other thing that I can think of is a set of BUIS. I put Magpul MBUS on mine.

Not sure what lower you have, but I have a Spikes lower and the upper and lower match up perfectly and there is no play between them.

You're going to love this upper... it feels really nice and balanced... it looks badass... and I'm sure it's going to shoot great! I'm heading out to PA for a couple of days to my friends place in the mountains... We're going to be shooting all weekend long, so I'll be putting the new upper through its paces. I can't wait!