Just curious if there are many other K31 swiss owners out there? Have you found your troop tag? If you own one, and haven't removed the butt plate, check it out. I'm in the process of sending a letter to the previous owner (or the family of) to see if i can get any further information or perhaps a photo of Paul Pfister.. Also to let him know where his service rifle ended up :-). Here's my tag

2012-08-15_21-55-10_813.jpg

2012-08-15_21-55-21_975.jpg

I know that he was a Corporal, a Baker and lived in Hettlingen, Switzerland on Stationstrasse road

pretty cool stuff..

I had two and was going to send a letter, but never got around to it.

I heard that sometimes unscrupulous dealers switch em around and try to raise the price up. Some of the tags have the serial number of the gun on them. I had one that was type-written with the serial number of the gun, and the guys name rank and address, and another was in pencil like yours.

If you look at other gun boards, once in awhile, you get responses from the guys who carried the rifles, other times you get responses from the families.

OP, very cool stuff. The historical aspects of milsurp makes them all the more exciting.

Just curious, how would a dealer switching tags around raise up the price of the rifle. I'm a surplus noob, but do people pay more for rifles with tags? I always figured it was a bonus if one is there or not.

My K31 came from gunbroker a few years ago, previous owner never mentioned the tag, and honestly I knew nothing about it until I was doing some research on the K31's. I took off the 2 screws and was amazed that it was there, in good shape. your right, it's in pencil and appears to be legit (old)..

I want one of these rifles as well. Supposedly very accurate. But we all know it will take me forever to shoot it

Absolutely accurate. The average engagement distance for the Swiss where these rifles were used was 500 meters plus. The history is fairly incredible, especially the marks you find at the bottom of the stock.... which are marks from the boot spikes where the rifle was kicked to be freed up from the ice up in the mountains.

I just got my k31. It was hard to play it cool from the guy I was buying it from. The rifle is beautiful, and even better had the note in the stock. I gotta right a letter.

Lets see some pics!

I just got mine in from samco at my ffl. It was supposed to have a crack in the stock but looks great and no cracks. I cant wait to get her home and cleaned up for the range!!! I also ordered swiss ammo from them and its brand new and still not bad on the bank! so if you want bulk Swiss ammo they have a ton. http://www.samcoglobal.com/Ammo-75-swiss.htmllan on ordering another case soon!