Medic3166

Bass Pro Shops

Nice, there was an announcement that one is planned to be built in Sayreville in 2013 or there abouts. Not holding my breath, but it would be nice to have one in my area.

If you have never been in one before, just think of it as the sportsman's version of a kid in a candy store.

The spot where they want to put it is roughly 4 acres... On Atlantic Ave between Missouri and Mississippi; right at the base of the expressway. You pretty much have to drive right past it as you come into the city. It's a great spot, but I was just wondering what the people would say about adding a store in AC that sells those horrible guns and ammunition... [/sarcasm]

I was happy when Cabelas didn't open in Rutherford. This way when I order online, I don't have to pay tax. lol

Isn't this supposed to change anyway? or is it just Amazon that will begin charging tax?

Im knda partial to Gander Mountain. It is sort of like the wall mart version of cabellas and bass pro shop. They have most everything you need without all the flash and dazzle. If they build any of these stores in new jersey it would most likely be severely neutered.

Ken

Watch - they won't carry ammo...

Even if they did I wouldn't buy ammo or guns in AC. The local thugs would hang out and watch the people coming in and out; come out with a gun or ammo your going to get mugged on the way to the car.

Even if they did I wouldn't buy ammo or guns in AC. The local thugs would hang out and watch the people coming in and out; come out with a gun or ammo your going to get mugged on the way to the car.

It's funny you mention that. I recall reading something several months ago that AC got their 1st supermarket in some number of decades. I never followed-up to find out how well that's going, but for a town that was fearful of a supermarket for all those years, who now is considering a sporting-goods type store, just doesn't make sense to me.

It's funny you mention that. I recall reading something several months ago that AC got their 1st supermarket in some number of decades. I never followed-up to find out how well that's going, but for a town that was fearful of a supermarket for all those years, who now is considering a sporting-goods type store, just doesn't make sense to me.

Last I heard the grocery store has an armed guard. It is still open.