Caine

Developing story - Shooting at Empire State Building

Hey.. I'm not saying its a bag of shit every way you look at it.. but when you have a gun pointed at you.. u do your best..

Have we been able to determine who was hit with full rounds and who was hit with fragments/ricochets?

If you go soley by the be sure of your target rule.. a 9mm will go about 1.4 miles.. so its possible.. that the police would never be able to shoot another round on manhattan...

If you go soley by the be sure of your target rule.. a 9mm will go about 1.4 miles.. so its possible.. that the police would never be able to shoot another round on manhattan...

They had 5th ave closed between 33rd and 42nd street. 9 blocks......

+1. I thought the same thing. You're attempting to stop and question a man you were told has a gun and just shot someone and you walk up behind him with your firearm still holstered? I would have thought they would've had them drawn as they came up behind the suspect.

BINGO!

ME TOO!

I made that point Friday night, after 25+ years shooting I don't need anyone to tell me doubling a weapons trigger pull makes it harder to shoot, it is common sense; it's just a really bad idea, much like most libtard ideas.

BINGO #2!

Welcome to the "Club" of Common Sense, where unfortunately, it's all too uncommon, lol!

Have we been able to determine who was hit with full rounds and who was hit with fragments/ricochets?

"Police Commissioner Ray Kelly confirmed on Saturday that all nine bystanders were hit by police officers’ bullets. Six of the nine were hit by bullet fragments, while the other three were hit directly by bullets. However, none of the injuries were life-threatening."

Source: http://newyork.cbslo...state-building/

So how many with LEOs in their family already knew this, hands?

I have friends and relatives on the job. There's always stories, going back for decades, about revolvers rusting into their holsters. Or bullets rusting in the chambers of said revolvers. What makes anyone think that it won't happen to Glocks??????

Personally I think that they all need more range time and better equipment. More ranges to practice at, with at least one in each Boro! And maybe some kind of way of getting an ammo allowance in addition to a uniform allowance?

This is an un-perfect situation in an imperfect world...

"Police Commissioner Ray Kelly confirmed on Saturday that all nine bystanders were hit by police officers’ bullets. Six of the nine were hit by bullet fragments, while the other three were hit directly by bullets. However, none of the injuries were life-threatening."

Source: http://newyork.cbslo...state-building/

So a starting line-up in a baseball game gets hit and nobody mentions this on the news?

My supervisor at work built this really cool remote controlled target and he is marketing to law enforcement for training. The newest version has a mannequin on top with hit sensors. You select how many hits center mass and the thing falls over. There is new software being written that incorporates an airsoft gun. On command on the remote control the arm of the mannequin will raise its arm and the airsoft gun in its hand will target you and shoot back. Looks like perfect time for him to get the business going.

http://youtu.be/K97QNwlQqhc

Russians with Mosin Nagant had no problems with 20 lb (slight exaggeration) trigger and war stress.

Keep in mind vickers was talking about the ratio of trigger pull to firearm weight.

A stock glock is about 2.5:1. The ny2 setup is 6:1. At 9 lbs, even with a 20lb trigger it would be less than 2.5:1. Sucks, but is doable.

An anonymous NYPD officer answer questions on reddit. Pretty interesting.

Yeah that sounds about in line with what I had been told. My previous post on the subject is not to bash the cops, but the way the nypd is run causes problems.

Yeah that sounds about in line with what I had been told. My previous post on the subject is not to bash the cops, but the way the nypd is run causes problems.

Like most things - the problem is not with the regular employees, it's with the administration.