Mikeythumbs

cjrpc special steel 9/30/12

Lawrence, Upload it anyways and we'll take a look at it and give you some pointers. Mostly we'll just point and laugh, but we'll try to be helpful too.

BTW, if you do get that bolt and it still gives you fits, i've seen on arfcom where people will use jbweld to fill in a stock charging handle as an inexpensive way to replicate the CMMG plastic handle. If you still have issues, we can try my bolt and your chamber adapter.

Hey guys. I didn't want to make another thread just for this, so Ill try here. I went to last month's regular steel match at CJRPC. I forgot to get a right off saying I participated in it. I plan on going to next weeks match. Is there anyway I could get a right off for BOTH matches? If you guys could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Hey guys. I didn't want to make another thread just for this, so Ill try here. I went to last month's regular steel match at CJRPC. I forgot to get a right off saying I participated in it. I plan on going to next weeks match. Is there anyway I could get a right off for BOTH matches? If you guys could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Are you trying to get your draw and fire badge for the club. I just printed out the last three matches scores I went to and brought them to the BOD meeting with my name highlighted and showed them to John the club president and got my badge. If you are concerned and want to get sign offs print out last months scores and bring them to Rich at this months shoot and I would think

he would sign off. maybe show up a little early and help set up I am sure that would make him more likely plus they are short people and could always use a hand :)

Lawrence, Upload it anyways and we'll take a look at it and give you some pointers. Mostly we'll just point and laugh, but we'll try to be helpful too.

BTW, if you do get that bolt and it still gives you fits, i've seen on arfcom where people will use jbweld to fill in a stock charging handle as an inexpensive way to replicate the CMMG plastic handle. If you still have issues, we can try my bolt and your chamber adapter.

Haha, I will post it up and have some fun with it. It will be quite a contrast to your guys sub 1 sec runs on that last stage. Nice shootin'!

For the draw and fir badge, you only need to print out and bring the results. If there were no actual printed results for the match (like some of the smaller events), then you would need a note from the match director saying you participated but for steel and USPSA, printouts are just fine.

Ok, i'm convinced. I defer to the almighty McHamster who rules the 1 second roost!

Shooting it in a natural position is definitely a disadvantage as there's too much gross movement for such a tight stage arrangement. The key here is that, since the targets are all clustered in a tight group, you need to reduce your overall gross movements as much as possible, especially from the low ready start where the largest single movement is and Alec certainly knew the secret there. Getting hunched over the gun McHamster style allows you to snap from from low ready ultra quick and that alone cuts off enough to drop you the sub 1-second zone consistently. In my video, i was shooting naturally and could do consistent 1.0's, but only luck out with an occasional sub 1. Once i adopted Alec's stance, i was consistently under too (although the camera was conveniently put away for that run ;) ).

Are you trying to get your draw and fire badge for the club. I just printed out the last three matches scores I went to and brought them to the BOD meeting with my name highlighted and showed them to John the club president and got my badge. If you are concerned and want to get sign offs print out last months scores and bring them to Rich at this months shoot and I would think he would sign off. maybe show up a little early and help set up I am sure that would make him more likely plus they are short people and could always use a hand :)
For the draw and fir badge, you only need to print out and bring the results. If there were no actual printed results for the match (like some of the smaller events), then you would need a note from the match director saying you participated but for steel and USPSA, printouts are just fine.

Nice. Thakns guys.