Jamie6607

Application in, quick question...UPDATED 10/01/2012.

I just put my application in for my FID and 2 P2P's and I have a quick question. I listed two references and it was explained that a questionaire packet will be sent to my two listed references and notification will be sent to my place of employment.

The question is, the notification sent to my employer, is it just a notification or is it something that must be returned to complete my application? I listed my direct supervisor as the contact person for the stuff to be sent to and I'm going to make him aware that it is coming tomorrow. I just want to know if I should be on the lookout so I can make sure my supervisor completes anything sent to him and gets it back out in the mail. I'm trying to avoid any holdups.

On a side note, my application was done in Jersey City, NJ. Thanks in advance for the help!

Jamie

Somebody from JC may be able to give you a more definitive answer - but the ONLY thing the police are supposed to do with your employment information is VERIFY employment. Not send a form, not disclose you want a FPID or P2P - just VERIFY.

That being said, the PD's in this state are fond of making up their own rules and ignoring the LAW - so who knows what your supervisor will get or what will be required of them so that you can exercise your RIGHTS.

If you can, make a copy of what is sent to your employer (sounds like you are on good terms with your supervisor) and if it is anything but a form for verification of employment, or if it mentions firearms or FPID or P2P's in any manner, send the copy to the NJ2AS.

That is all.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks for the heads up Bob. I just called and confirmed that this was the case, a questionnaire is being sent to my direct supervisor to confirm employment, etc., and it has to be mailed back to the police dept. I'm not thrilled at the idea but it is what it is. I've just gotta keep track of this form being done along with the two references now.

Jamie

Just confirm employment, or confirm employment etc? big difference.

My old town Neptune, asked about employment and some other questions about being mentally stable.

My new town Howell, just ask for employment verification, did not even state the reason why.

Well, I was handed the letter sent to my supervisor today by one of the guys working in the mail room in my office. So I'm going to have my supervisor complete and mail the form back tomorrow.

I was just looking it over and it is VERY similar to the form sent to my two listed references. It is titled a Confirmation of employment request but it requests information such as confirmation of my citizenship, and requests knowledge of any personal problems. Those are: personality problems, drinking or drug problems, mental health problems, problems with fellow employees or supervisors, and domestic violence problems. It also asks if I've ever engaged in any illegal activities and also asks if they consider my honest, reliable, stable, and worth of consideration to be issued a firearms license...it also asks for a brief statement considering my application.

I'm really not thrilled with the idea that this was sent to my employer/supervisor. What would have happened if it was intercepted by someone in my office who isn't fond of me? Our mail room opens all letters and then routes them throughout the office...this, what turns out to be a reference letter, could have ended up anyone's hands. Why is this information being requested from my employer? I thought this was just supposed to be a simple notification? Anyone have any ideas?

Jamie

Why is this information being requested from my employer? I thought this was just supposed to be a simple notification? Anyone have any ideas?

Yes, your PD is violating the law. Photocopy the form and send it to the NJ2AS.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

ILLEAGAL. You do not need a job to purchase firearms. I put that I am self employed. My work is none of their business. We dont ask for a background on the slobs that do our paper work. Its an intimidation tactic.

Thats kinda screwed up. I list myself as self employed since I am.. I have never been mailed anything to verify that I employ myself or asked any questions about it. It is a violation of the law and can cause some people problems I would imagine. What if you work for a anti? Thats not too fair now is it?! If your not a member of the NJ2AS I would suggest that you become one. After that, talk to Frank about it.

Ken