sure looks alive. How many have actually tried to get one?

Perhaps..... but take a good look at the content. The friend,the friend of a friend,the guy at the range, the sister in law's father,the X FBI agent....maybe, some x cops loading ATM's.

Did these posts actually address your question?

If they did then I stand corrected and apologize for my premature assessment of the demise of this tread.

Why not what's the big deal?My first cousins wife's father is chief of police in Hoboken, I bet if I lived in Hoboken I would have a ccw!

not unless he's buddy buddy with the judge who does the final approval of the permit. All the chief can do is approve the application. you still have to go in front of the superior court judge and present your "justifiable need" for the permit.

Perhaps..... but take a good look at the content. The friend,the friend of a friend,the guy at the range, the sister in law's father,the X FBI agent....maybe, some x cops loading ATM's.

Did these posts actually address your question?

If they did then I stand corrected and apologize for my premature assessment of the demise of this tread.

My expectations were fairly low to start.

Why NJ thinks it is different than the 43 or so other states that do issue carry permits I do not know. until we get some real politicians who care about our rights its game over.

49 states either issue carry permits or don't require them.

States where you can't get one:

1. Illinois

2. Hawaii

3. Jersey

States where you likely can't get one:

4. Maryland (soon to change)

So, there are 46 (soon to be 47) states where average Joe's can get carry permits or no permit is needed.

49 states either issue carry permits or don't require them.

States where you can't get one:

1. Illinois

2. Hawaii

3. Jersey

States where you likely can't get one:

4. Maryland (soon to change)

So, there are 46 (soon to be 47) states where average Joe's can get carry permits or no permit is needed.

You forgot NY as a cant get one, how could you forget that? Lol

ny state has over a million, the most of any state. both my nephews got theres within 3 weeks of there 21st birthdays

It's not even difficult to get one in Nassau or Suffolk country. It's only in NYC that you can't get one.

Mipafox - you forgot DC...

It's not even difficult to get one in Nassau or Suffolk country. It's only in NYC that you can't get one.

Mipafox - you forgot DC...

The real kicker is your NY State permit is not recognized in the 5 boroughs of NY City.

Oh yeah, and soda is outlawed too.......hahahaha!

People who live in NJ just have to accept that it aint happening anytime soon, if you want to carry a gun its simple....move out of state. it pisses me off just as much as the next guy. I know there are organizations fighting for our rights but has anything about your average law biding citizen in NJ able to carry,im not trying to be a debbie downer but its just the reality. only hope is that the national reciprocity act would go into affect and even then I bet NJ would not honor non resident permits still leaving us in the dark. its plain and simple only way you are getting one is if you are very very wealthy or you "know" somoene. Why NJ thinks it is different than the 43 or so other states that do issue carry permits I do not know. until we get some real politicians who care about our rights its game over.

I am one of those who moved out. Took a big pay cut and moved to Florida. The cost of living (especially the price of homes and land taxes) here is much cheaper and there is no State or City taxes so I have more disposable income even with the reduced salary. For the first two years I was like a kid in a candy store. I quickly got used to carrying a concealed gun every time I left my house. It took me longer to learn which gun/belt/holster combinations worked best for me. There is a long learning curve about which holsters are best for what activities and which kind of clothes work best for you. I never knew that pocket holsters existed until I moved here and now I have about a dozen. In fact I have four drawers full of concealed carry holsters as finding the perfect one is a never ending quest. :)

Aside from the carry issues you need to get some training about using a gun while strapped to the driver's seat in a car, drawing from concealment and dealing with your shirt or other concealing garment. Then there is the whole matter of learning to shoot with guns that you can only get two fingers around the grip and have a lot of recoil due to their low weight. It was a real learning experience and I made a lot of mistakes and wasted a lot of money. However, as someone who has always shot and collected guns for over 40 years and counts shooting and gun related activities as his main hobby, I had to finally do something about the NY/NJ rut I put myself in due to the larger salaries up there. It turns out, since homes and most other things are much cheaper here with no City or State taxes, I actually have more disposable income now than I did when I was making much more up north and am living a lot better now. My fixed costs are less than a third of what they were in NJ and no snow to deal with. Wish you all were here as I understand your frustration. However, for those willing to do it, it is very possible to move here as we are surrounded by so many former NJ residents that we often joke that we moved to Florida to get away from NJ but it seems to have followed me down here. Heck, I even found a cousin that lives less than a mile away from me and an uncle just 15 minutes away and another cousin an hour away. Discovered some old friends also nearby so what I thought was going to be a move to someplace where there was no family or friends turned out to be just the opposite.