Babyface Finster

Would you give up your gas?

What say you?

If I knew he was running every single appliance in his house, instead of being smart and rationing his gas to key appliances. I would have given him a gas can filled with water.

Before the storm I gathered up 17 gallons in cans, 30+ gallons in the wife's truck and 17 gallons in my car. I tested out my siphon pump and oiled it.

While I was outside testing the generator to ensure it was running properly (it is a 17 year old 2400 watt camping generator) three of my neighbors stopped by. They commented on the generator and that they wished they had one, etc. I told each of them to get 5 gallons of gas and that if the power went out I would bring it around the street a few hours at a clip so everyone could run their refrigerators, charge their phones, iPads, iPods and laptops etc. I would not give up my fuel sorry, I meticulously thought through what I would need to be prepared for a week or two without power, gas or water.

I could have done better if I had the money but I was pretty well prepared between 25 gallons of drinking water, two full propane tanks, three drum liners full of tap water in the tub for flushing toilets and bathing, dry foods for long storage (pasta, rice, crackers, dried meats, MREs, etc.), 10 sheets of plywood, 2x4s, tarps, rope, duct tape, 4" deck screws and nails, batteries, candles, lanterns, chem lights, flashlights, vehicle emergency charge pack, ect., ect.

I will help anyone prepare and take anyone in if they have a problem they couldn't prepare for but will not compromise my pan to help someone that did not prepare properly or is foolish in their execution of their plan..

So my buddy gave the guy one of his cans. Said he was concerned that things would be awkward in the future if he refused. His wife was furious.

Interestingly enough, the guy came by this morning and returned the can full with many thanks. Said his wife sat on line for well over 2 hours for gas today. Also tried to hand my buddy a $50 bill but he wouldn't take it. Now his wife is pissed that he refused the $50.

So my buddy gave the guy one of his cans. Said he was concerned that things would be awkward in the future if he refused. His wife was furious.

Interestingly enough, the guy came by this morning and returned the can full with many thanks. Said his wife sat on line for well over 2 hours for gas today. Also tried to hand my buddy a $50 bill but he wouldn't take it. Now his wife is pissed that he refused the $50.

I guess that the Luna Park lights will be dimmed :). If she has to wait 2hrs.

Moral of the story is that: WIVES GET PISSED

I guess that the Luna Park lights will be dimmed :). If she has to wait 2hrs.

Moral of the story is that: WIVES GET PISSED

or wives love there husband even more when he has stockpiled fuel with a genny and planned ahead already :)

We have one guy in the neighborhood who has been running 24-7 since the morning after. He has gone through a buttload of fuel. He has some more for a while, but what he doesn't have is a spare generator. I don't think the duty cycle on that thing was 72 hours running the whole house without a break. Walked by with the kid while he was refueling. From the looks of it he had about 80 gallons of fuel to start and was at least 50-60 gallons through his stash.

There's no cable and no phone if you have heat and his household has two adults and 4 dogs. Could have been comfy for another week with anything resembling some smarts.

In general, my reply would be "I don't have enough to even remotely make a dent running it 24-7, I don't even have enough to make it through the weekend running it one in every 4 hours to keep stuff frozen and let the furnace fire up."