flank

where to buy saiga

I am planning on purchasing a saiga in 7.62x39 and eventually converting it to resemble an ak type rifle. I see budsgunshop.com had them for $350 but are currently out of stock so I was just wondering where can I find the best deal on them? I am willing to buy local as long as the price is reasonable and its not to far from the Williamstown NJ area.

The Buds price is old. Count on $425+ for a new Saiga.

I have a used, converted (by me) one for sale in the classifieds. The Ultimak gas rail and spare mags in the listing are sold pending funds.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/41133-wts-like-new-converted-saiga-223-with-lots-of-goodies/

wow thanks for the replies, arms-n-ammo prices look good and isn't very far from me :) Gonna have to wait a bit to purchase though. Just curious what caliber would you all recommend? I have finally decided to treat myself to some new firearms after 2 years and have since purchased a stripped ar15 lower receiver in 5.56 with the intentions of building ar15 myself. So what do you think is best, get the saiga in traditional 7.62x39 or 5.56 and share 1 caliber between the rifles?

EDIT

I see that the saiga is listed a chambered in 223, so it would not be safe to fire 5.56 rounds correct?

lunker, that is one nice looking saiga conversion sir and I appreciate the offer but I would really like to do the conversion work myself

wow thanks for the replies, arms-n-ammo prices look good and isn't very far from me :) Gonna have to wait a bit to purchase though. Just curious what caliber would you all recommend? I have finally decided to treat myself to some new firearms after 2 years and have since purchased a stripped ar15 lower receiver in 5.56 with the intentions of building ar15 myself. So what do you think is best, get the saiga in traditional 7.62x39 or 5.56 and share 1 caliber between the rifles?

EDIT

I see that the saiga is listed a chambered in 223, so it would not be safe to fire 5.56 rounds correct?

lunker, that is one nice looking saiga conversion sir and I appreciate the offer but I would really like to do the conversion work myself

Thanks. The Saiga is safe for 5.56. Good luck with the build. They are pretty easy and you will get to know your rifle inside out., which is a very good thing. I went with 223 for commonality of caliber.

im trying to land (2) on GunBroker. Been speaking to the dealer and he has afew. The common reply im hearing is "i dont know when any of us are getting them back in stock again", hence the decision for two. i guess, better safe than sorry. PM me if u need his info.

im trying to land (2) on GunBroker. Been speaking to the dealer and he has afew. The common reply im hearing is "i dont know when any of us are getting them back in stock again", hence the decision for two. i guess, better safe than sorry. PM me if u need his info.

What happened to the one you had?

EDIT

I have a 223 model I converted myself.. it was easy and finding ammo isnt hard to find either. I shoot 556 out of mine all the time. I was reading somewhere on the internet that they labeled it 223 since its sportorized. Also down the road if u want it to take ar mags it can be done

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/81457-762x39-group-buy-special-price/

As long as you don't mind having them shipped -- and it seems you don't if you've considered buds. I have two coming my way, but if you are interested order soon there are probably less than 10 left.

Is the 16 legal in nj?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yes the IZ132 is legal here. http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23097-two-more-nj-legal-questions/ It has a 16.3" barrel, no bayonet lug or threads (apparently some have threads but they are covered by the FSB) and only a 10rd mag from the factory. Once you start to convert it it must comply with 922r though.