deadeye74

Anyone else noticing an increase in gun arguments?

I just walked past a theatre that had at least 2 movie posters with the actors holding pistols.

Seems Hollywood has been promoting gun violence in the last 3 decades & we are now immune to it.

Violence sells. How boring would it be producing movies of hunters hunting, target shooters shooting, etc...

It's just the nature of everything that's happening around us. There have been a lot of sensationalized media stories about shootings, talk of gun bans, etc, and it's causing the people who are on the fence to jump to one side or the other. The good news about this is that I've noticed a LOT of people actually defending gun rights, people that I never knew had even the faintest interest in firearms. I've gotten in one heated argument on facebook with one guy who I thought was progun, but he turned out to be one of the most emotional knee-jerk reactionists I've ever seen. Aside from that one instance, it's all been progun or neutral.

It's just the nature of everything that's happening around us. There have been a lot of sensationalized media stories about shootings, talk of gun bans, etc, and it's causing the people who are on the fence to jump to one side or the other. The good news about this is that I've noticed a LOT of people actually defending gun rights, people that I never knew had even the faintest interest in firearms. I've gotten in one heated argument on facebook with one guy who I thought was progun, but he turned out to be one of the most emotional knee-jerk reactionists I've ever seen. Aside from that one instance, it's all been progun or neutral.

Support for gun rights is actually growing. I mean even my Rowan First-shoot, which hardly had any real promotion had like 40 people attend only 4 days after the word got out.