Seems that the gun haters are really trying to make noise now since this is the 2nd election the NRA lost on.......

.....but gun owner apathy is a bigger problem, especially in states like NJ....

http://www.examiner.com/article/media-gun-control-proponents-argue-there-s-no-longer-any-need-to-fear-nra

I actually think the NRA is a bit of a paper tiger, have thought so for years. For political action, I much prefer the uncompromising GOA.

I'm a member of both, but I think the NRA not only makes compromises, but wastes too damn much money on effing mailers. The GOA sends out only what is necessary, and their email political action alerts are much much better than anything the NRA does.

The NRA she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be...

NJ2AS has been trying to get more democrats into the fold. I think the perception of liberal gun owners is that they will be pounced upon at meetings for other issues, or that their other liberal friends will assume they aren't liberal. PLUS, giving my aunt as an example, most hard-core liberal gun owners are almost "ashamed" they are gun owners. She keeps it very secret that they own a gun or that their son shoots. They won't come to the defense of the Second Amendment for fear that they will be looked down upon, plus, they often don't have as strong a conviction, and usually "support the right----with limitations."

I actually think the NRA is a bit of a paper tiger, have thought so for years. For political action, I much prefer the uncompromising GOA.

I'm a member of both, but I think the NRA not only makes compromises, but wastes too damn much money on effing mailers. The GOA sends out only what is necessary, and their email political action alerts are much much better than anything the NRA does.

The NRA she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be...

why is your flag upside down? I honestly don't appreciate it!

why is your flag upside down? I honestly don't appreciate it!

because he believes our current commander N chief is a fool and will sink this ship, so he is sending out an early S.O.S call for help

http://www.freewebs.com/jeffhead/liberty/flagdistress.htm

They won't come to the defense of the Second Amendment for fear that they will be looked down upon, plus, they often don't have as strong a conviction, and usually "support the right----with limitations."

This has been my experience with Left/Dem/Liberal/Prog's gun owners......they're not willing to fight the fight.....

On a side note, come to think of it, I don't know of any Left/Dem/Liberal/Prog pro gun representation in the gun rights realm....as in writers, bloggers, or what have you....everybody leans to the right....hope I am wrong.

This has been my experience with Left/Dem/Liberal/Prog's gun owners......they're not willing to fight the fight.....

On a side note, come to think of it, I don't know of any Left/Dem/Liberal/Prog pro gun representation in the gun rights realm....as in writers, bloggers, or what have you....everybody leans to the right....hope I am wrong.

Depends on what you consider Libertarians I suppose. I just started writing for "Conservative 50" (NJ representative), but in some ways I guess I'm socially liberal--as in I believe gay couples deserve the same rights as straight ones. To be frank, I couldn't give two shits what other people do, how they live their life is up to them so long as it doesn't bother me.

But yeah, We need to find a way to find liberal gun-owners, and reach out to them, any ideas?

Its more a political protest than anything. Let's be real.

I think its disrespectful to the flag and those who died for it but do as you'd like. They gave their lives to protect your freedoms as well, just be honest about it.

I take offense at your comment- my father fought in WWII, my uncle in Vietnam. There is ZERO disrespect intended to the flag or the country, and I am using it appropriately for my opinion of the situation.

Funny how everybody wants to fight for the 2nd amendment, but gets all bent out of shape when somebody uses the 1st amendment.

He's no more exercising the first amendment than I am. Funny. I don't remember anyone asking him to take it down.

I could give a sht what he does with his avatar or his flag.

Funny how everybody wants to fight for the 2nd amendment, but gets all bent out of shape when somebody uses the 1st amendment.

bingo

and our discussions here in this thread are an excellent example of the 1st Amendment. Now, have i ever burned the flag? I plead the fifth.