Having served in the military I knew exactly what ruger9 meant with that avatar. My first reaction was jealousy because I didn't think of it first. :)

Why, thank you very much sir. And THANK YOU for your service to our country on this Veterans Day!

The NRA doesn't have bags of money really, just votes. When you run a gun grabbing governor, who in his first primary would have to have done about 7x as well as he did the first time around in the primaries to have come in SECOND in them. You can only do so much with what you have to work with.

The NRA is far from a paper tiger. What many fail to realize is that politics is the art of compromise. If you stamp your foot and throw a temper tantrum, it will get you nowhere.

Political change occurs incrementally, not overnight.

Correct... which is exactly what has been happening to out gun rights over the last 75 years. The "art of compromise"... there IS NO COMPROMISE on a RIGHT, which is what the 2nd Amendment is... it's not a privilege, like driving, it's a right. Anything else is a compromise and INFRINGEMENT.

I actually think the NRA is a bit of a paper tiger, have thought so for years. For political action, I much prefer the uncompromising GOA.

I'm a member of both, but I think the NRA not only makes compromises, but wastes too damn much money on effing mailers. The GOA sends out only what is necessary, and their email political action alerts are much much better than anything the NRA does.

The NRA she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be...

What EXACTLY has GOA managed to accomplish, legislatively???

The NRA leaves us folks in jersey to stew with our legislation and solicits donations left and right. Why don't they put their money where their mouth is and kick some funds to NJ2AS. Also they endorsed Romney an candidate that did little for gun rights in MASS. They will endorse a republican just because, instead of backing some one like Gary Johnson.

The NRA leaves us folks in jersey to stew with our legislation and solicits donations left and right. Why don't they put their money where their mouth is and kick some funds to NJ2AS. Also they endorsed Romney an candidate that did little for gun rights in MASS. They will endorse a republican just because, instead of backing some one like Gary Johnson.

ANJRPC is the spogesorg for NRA in NJ..they and SAF have been behind several lawsuits to try and change things here.

What EXACTLY has GOA managed to accomplish, legislatively???

They are a very successful lobby, I can't list everything here, if you are a member you know you get emails from them all the time... every time a legislative issue even THINKS about coming up, and they give you an easy pathway to address the issue via email responses to legislators. There was one very prominent legislator, I don't have a name because it was several years ago, state that the GOA is the best pro-gun/pro-2A lobby on the hill.

Maybe we could hope to turn that flag right side up by the midterm election. Fingers crossed.

To recap, NRA good. Flag good. We all love our country. I think we all feel the same way here. Let's stick together. Happy Veterans Day to all who have served, and God bless our troop's who serve in harm's way so that we can remain free to enjoy our liberties. :)

Maybe we could hope to turn that flag right side up by the midterm election. Fingers crossed.

To recap, NRA good. Flag good. We all love our country. I think we all feel the same way here. Let's stick together. Happy Veterans Day to all who have served, and God bless our troop's who serve in harm's way so that we can remain free to enjoy our liberties. :)

You know, we actually DID do that in 2010. Like I have been saying since tuesday, I think gridlock is the best we can hope for... AT LEAST until the midterms, possibly for 4 more years.

I've also thought the NRA is a waste of membership dues, but it is a must if i wish to hold RSO/Instructor titles..

As for the secondary flag topic, fly it as you wish. I agree with your decision to invert it, as we are indeed a sinking ship.

I would be flying my flag at home inverted, but being in the middle of a disaster area at the moment, and my home not available to live in i dont want it seen as a distress call..

P.S; I am a Veteran. My father is a Viet Nam vet, and our family has a long line of decorated Veterans. All Veterans served, so you may have the right to do what you wish with your flag.

No, they tend to back the candidate with the best record on 2nd amendment issues as they see it. In reality, you had no choice this election, in which case I guess they endorse the party platform that is least anti, which the GOP's was.

Having served in the military I knew exactly what ruger9 meant with that avatar. My first reaction was jealousy because I didn't think of it first. :)

Guess, I'm not the only one with a Kraut username. Also, I assume you were a marine-- I could be wrong, but I believe it's Teufel Shunde, and thank you, for your service my friend.

And yes, I too considered making that my avatar. I've seen it quite a bit recently.

I agree with your statement regarding NJ2AS, the fact not all NJGF members are part of NJ2AS is baffling to me.

Gary Johnson-- not so much. They could throw their support behind him, but it would be a waste of time. As much as I'd like to see 3rd parties become viable in our political system, they aren't yet, and it would have been a waste.

This has been my experience with Left/Dem/Liberal/Prog's gun owners......they're not willing to fight the fight.....

Quite the contrary, actually.

Many gun owning liberals are put off by some of the more corny pro-gun talking points/attitudes, but mostly it's also that many pro-gun things try and use the platform to advocate/soapbox for completely unrelated causes.

Case in point: One of the gun auction sites recently ran a post election article, filled with facts about gun legislation, essentially telling people why panic buying is mostly in vain, not to ruin ammo availability, make gun owners look crazy, etc. Generally some very good points to say and it could have been a good article.

Except, whatever 72-year old hardcore Christian conservative from the deep south wrote the article, also decided to load it with bs jabs, insults, and statements about abortion, contraceptives, government benefits (of which he is most likely a recipient) and then the whole thing just turned into a big pile of shit that would have any gun owner who enjoys pre marital sex start laughing and close the page.

So one bit of advice, stick to the issues, keep gun politics about guns. There's really no need to discuss hatred of condoms in an article about panic gun buying. These type of things likely alienate millions of potential gun owners every year from helping their cause.