Sign in to follow this  
bhunted

Price Blink

Hey Gang,

Just learned about this on the morning news and can't be at a better time for most. It's a browser add on called Price Blink. You shop for your stuff online, go to a product page, this thing will pop up on top showing places it's cheaper. Works on multiple browsers too. I'm having some fun with it now. Works fairly well. Just learned it does coupons too. When looking at ammo on the Sportsman's Guide site, it told me about a 10% Coupon they were running. Kewl Sheit!

Go to:

http://www.priceblink.com/

Happy Shopping! :keeporder::kingxmas:

Here is what it looks like in firefox... Then you click on whatever coupon you find and it brings you to their version of slickguns with all the codes. http://www.priceblink.com/coupons-codes/the-sportsman%27s-guide/3123

• Whats the SG coupon code? I want to see if its listed in the SG's coupon inventory on SlickGuns.com. If not that is a kool find

You worry too much. Unless you privatize your browsing, just about every site ( this one included ), uses tracking cookies of some type. If that is truly a concern, don't use it. But be diligent enough to clear your cookies and cache on a regular basis. So be secure, or save a few dollars here and there. Your choice by all means... ;)

Do you have an A&P Savings card? Shoprite? Any others that might save you pennies? Better burn them too.

Interesting idea and potentially useful. I'm curious what else it does. As a browser plug in it has access to a ton of information that I'm not sure I'd want sent back to centralized servers and used for marketing purposes.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

You worry too much. Unless you privatize your browsing, just about every site ( this one included ), uses tracking cookies of some type. If that is truly a concern, don't use it. But be diligent enough to clear your cookies and cache on a regular basis. So be secure, or save a few dollars here and there.

True.. but there is a big difference between what's available to a website (based on cookies, cache scraping..etc) and what's available to a browser plugin..

Bah, I'm not worried. With all the crap we have to deal with on the internet, you should be protected well enough. All my stored data is encrypted. My system is tight. But this post is not about that...

Without taking this into a battle of what is dangerous on the net, I'll just say, too each their own. Don't feel comfy, don't use it.

True.. but there is a big difference between what's available to a website (based on cookies, cache scraping..etc) and what's available to a browser plugin..

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...