n4p226r

How realistic are air soft pistols?

Realistic enough to train with? Holstering? Drawing? Dry fire? I'd imagine the dry fire would be totally useless, but the rest. Work on getting a good grip from holster. And reholsterinf would be nice.

Any suggestions on a p226 airsoft that is good?

IMHO, not at all.

Yes, they certainly look real. From a distance, they are indistinguisable from a real firearm if not for the red muzzel.

But in the hand, they feel nothing like the real thing. Weight, balance, trigger dynamics, grip, etc., are all different.

If you want one to have fun and to play with, go for it. They are lots of fun.

If you want one as a serious training tool, you will be disappointed.

Yeah a lot of them (The more expensive "Training" type pistols) are good enough to practice with. I have an airsoft Px4 and compared it with my real Px4 - it's very similar and fits in the same holster. The only real difference i've noticed is the trigger pull is lighter on the Airsoft gun by about half. The weight is similar enough and the ergonomics are exactly the same. Now - you can't cheap out on an airsoft gun and expect it to be a good training tool. A cheap plastic lightweight springer isn't a good tool, whereas a gas blowback gun is going to be much more on-par.

It's not exact but it's good enough to train with - a lot of people do train with airsoft guns.

KWA makes a good P226 - check the main page for discount codes too.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_45_242&products_id=34647

I have a 92FS airsoft I'm about to use to practice for USPSA at home with. All steel, same weight, slide blows back, fits my holster. All that is good. The cons include a craptastic trigger, balance is a little different than my M9, magazine doesn't fall out (needs a shake), and can't rely on the accuracy (not worried about that, I'm working on the "muscle-memory" aspects more).

Here's the KWA P226: http://kwausa.com/pr...s/ptp/m226-ns2/

I have the M9 version. Seems good quality, but I wouldn't be too rough with it (throw/drop/kick).

I picked up the KJW G23 airsoft to mess around the back yard...at arms length you almost can't tell the difference. Even the orange tip, its 1/16" painted ring around the tip of the barrel and its is barely orange lol. Plastic lower, metal slide, gas blow back...its pretty neat.

10067d1321559998-kjw-g23-vs-kjw-m9-elite-forumrunner_20111117_150002.jpg

The replicas are exactly that, looks for ones that are licensed and you will get an exact copy. Although the internals will be completely different including the trigger. the best part is that they are fun to play with at home(safely of course)

I have a glock g18c airsoft and it looks and sounds like a glock when you release the slide i also have a tokyo marui hi cappa with a custom slide that looks like a kimber 1911 my dad thought it was an actual handgun ill have to take a pic

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The tokyo marui blowbacks were suppose to be the best ones out when i purchased mine i found out after i ordered two by reading on some airsoft forums.. After my surgery i kept myself entertained at home with them for 6 months during my recovery.

HFC M190 AND WE 1911

​They still make the two i have i still have the receipts and this is where i purchased them from jan 2009

http://www.airsoftme...rted-Slide.aspx

http://www.airsoftme...ssory-Rail.aspx

I think airsoft has a place for training provided it's a blowback and similar weight/feel (i.e. metal). I have a 2011 hi-cap gas blowback pistol that fits in my ghost holster and use it to practice in the yard. It's much better than just dry-firing as you are actually shooting at targets. The blowback, while not anywhere near the real thing, is much better than nothing as well. Triggers are comparable so that's a plus. They're accurate enough at close ranges too. I built an aluminum plate rack with 6" plates that I shoot at from 30'. It can hit the plates easily at that range with 25g bb's. In a nutshell, I'm glad I got it and would do it again...the more trigger time the better.

My Px4 is a Tokyo Marui. TM makes the most accurate replicas of a lot of guns. KSC/KWA are good as well. Their "PTP" line (Professional Training Pistol) is pretty spot on. WE is ok for 1911 style guns.

Seems TM with a metal upgrade kit would be the way to go. That's $$$ though. Picking up a kwa m226 ptp. Just hoping it fits in my raven holster

The branding actually got a lot of companies in trouble. Note - on my Airsoft Px4 the markings are not exactly the same - they're similar but not the same.

KWA/KSC had Glocks which had the trademarks and everything - turned into lawsuits and now it's near impossible to find an airsoft Glock anywhere.

The only real Airsoft guns you'll see with true trademarking are the Umarex licensed ones or old guns that were produced before a lot of the lawsuits.

I have an old gas powered M16 (external air - called a "classic gun" now really) that has colt trades still on it.

SunProject2.jpg

Why not use real gun and snap caps again?

I still dry-fire my real guns, but you can only pull the trigger once. My airsoft guns helps me with trigger control on multiple shots (e.g. two shots on USPSA targets) and transitions. I had a bad habit of jerking the trigger on fast second shots which resulted in many low/left C zone hits. I believe airsoft practice helped with that. I also practice shooting at targets while moving. The biggest advantage is being able to shoot multiple times and seeing where your shots are going. I'm always shooting alphas when dry-firing...my airsoft practice tells me otherwise :)

Why not use real gun and snap caps again?

The use of airsoft for dryfiring is questionable, however once you ad in transitions, movement, draw to frist shot while doing those, they are a useful training tool. Getting a decent one is the key though, they need to have similar weight and a trigger in the right ballpark. If I had more free time to train, I'd have one. Instead I have a toddler, design stages, and run a match. Since that kills most of my free time, I don't bother with the initial investment.

The branding actually got a lot of companies in trouble. Note - on my Airsoft Px4 the markings are not exactly the same - they're similar but not the same.

KWA/KSC had Glocks which had the trademarks and everything - turned into lawsuits and now it's near impossible to find an airsoft Glock anywhere.

The only real Airsoft guns you'll see with true trademarking are the Umarex licensed ones or old guns that were produced before a lot of the lawsuits.

I have an old gas powered M16 (external air - called a "classic gun" now really) that has colt trades still on it.

SunProject2.jpg

I have one of those glocks the mags even say glock

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

krdshrk kwa now has the ATP auto i have the regular ATP and i can tell you a lot of the parts but slide are swappable not sure if the auto atp slide will work on the g18c but i knwo the barrel, mags all work i have a regular and ectended 50 round that has the trademarks

post-4564-0-72645300-1355323850_thumb.jpg

glock g18c

post-4564-0-60931100-1355323883_thumb.jpg

kwa atp

post-4564-0-27875400-1355323914_thumb.jpg

both with mags

post-4564-0-39387500-1355324031_thumb.jpg

tm hi cappa with custom slide, compensator short stroke kit and few other internal upgrades was buliding for airsoft competition shoot but never finishedshe shoots fast havent got an fps rating yet

post-4564-0-55773800-1355323944_thumb.jpg