BleedingOrange36

Hello from South Jersey (Millville)

I hope everyone is having a safe and pleasant Friday. I wanted to stop in an introduce myself. My name is Ron, I'm currently residing in Millville, NJ.

I lived in Las Vegas from my 21st birthday until the following September ( 9months ) I fell in love with anything firearms related while living there. I was 13 days out from starting Metro's Police academy, but due to a family emergency I had to relocate back to NJ ( still very upset about that)

While living out there I purchased my first pistol ( Ruger SR9 in stainless )

To think all I had to do was walk in the store, throw down cash, wait for NIC's to come back, wait 72hrs and pick my gun up. Thankfully I was able to shoot at the GS's indoor range immediately following my payment.

Well when came back to NJ I put off applying for my FID, wish I would of got it right away...

I haven't been able to shoot anything other than my shotgun (Winchester 1300 fully rifled and my Remington 66nylon) since I've been back. I was fortunate enough to live on 14acres outside city limits.

Well last week my buddy picked up a bushmaster ar15. Well that got my wheels turning...

Thankfully I dropped my app for fid off Wednesday 11/21. I have already set my sights on a Windham Weaponry Ar.

I took some pistol training classes in Las Vegas for my CCW, but decided open carry was fine for me. I didn't really have the money at the time to finish getting my CCW.

Is anyone familiar with the wait times for Millville Pd to issue my initial FID?

There were no PP's I didn't want to delay my app any longer. My references receive their form the following week, and returned next day. It's only been 3wks so I'm not going to call yet to check my status. I was planning on purchasing my first black rifle right after Christmas as long as everything is in by then.

If anyone local to me could give me a heads up on wait times, I would really Appreciate the help.

Thanks for the welcome! The loss of freedoms hurt pretty badly. This state also has insanely strict laws on titling dual sport motorcycles.... Another problem I encounter after moving back....

I'll probably be Florida bound in the next few years. Or Nevada again, or Arizona... Pa at the least lol.

Welcome to the forums from Williamstown. I heard Millville is about 3 month wait. Not great but not as bad as someothers. Once again, Welcome back to hell.................

Thanks for the welcome!

I don't understand why I would take that long.... They have a fully staffed full time records dept that handles the permits.

I'm really hoping that the tragedy today doesn't hurt my chances of getting the AR I have my eye on.

I'm absolutely sick to my stomach, I wish there was a way for the legal gun owners to reach out to the families and express our remorse.

Welcome to the forum from another S. Jersey resident. I have a Windham AR (SRC) that I purchased from a forum vendor here (A-n-A) and love it. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for FAID so that you can get your post Christmas present.

Well if worse comes to worse, tax return will sweeten the deal.

I'm starting to consider building my own now. My good friend has a few spare stripped lowers. I was thinking of buying all the parts to build it. By the time I purchase and build I'm hoping my card should be in. Then he can sign the lower over to me. I'm not really sure of the laws behind that idea. The lower Would remain at his house in the workshop until my card comes in.

Welcome! I live in Millville also (and my name is Ron). I don't recall how long it took for Millville PD to do my FID but I don't think it was more than four weeks. Of course that was some time ago. I think the longest wait I've had for a handgun permit was five weeks.

Nice to see another Ron so close by. I'm really hoping I get a call soon. Just got done watching a debate on CNN about gun control after today. What is involved in transferring a long gun between friends? Paperwork, matching FID and license and preferably done at a fll to get it electronically filed? My local GS wouldn't hold a gun for me. Even with 100% payment. I'm getting worried this might have been the straw that broke the camels back.