dgstinner

"American Guns" Cancelled

Pics or ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO, i did not take any pics.

One thing about me, I take pics of guns and knives with no shame, but never chicks. The hot ones already have a big enough head, don't want to add to it.

But really, she is hotter off tv

I understand the irony of Hollywood making money off of movies containing gun violence and then at the same time being anti-gun. However I really do believe that if there is a market they should make them. It is parents duty to make sure kids are appropriately mature to view them. What's next we limit what kinds of books that can be written? Cancel shows that don't even show gun violence like American Guns? Sounds like North Korea.

Read some interesting things about the Wyatt's dealings when the show initially came out. Rocky Mountain gun owners had much to say about his checkered past.

I liked that you could watch the hour long show in 5-10 minutes with a Tivo. The shop historian was cool as were the obligatory helicopter rides to see old money gun collections. The Texas Ranger collection was the best. Also cool was the rig to shoot out the side of a helicopter, probably a very profitable tourist attraction now. Daughter was a little young to be getting all that attention -- the old man really whored her out for the cameras when she was barely 16 if that.

From facebook:

Will Hayden/ Redjacket "Sons of Guns"

Guy's , I appreciate all the concern , but . American Gun's got cancelled months ago . Nothin to do with us . We're filming today . Would like to go on , but , I gotta get to work.

Give me a break! Where will all this end - seriously! Case in point. Took a GFH class the other day. They gave us T-shirts. So put it on and road home. Then went out to the local supermarket (jacket over the shirt) well I moved the jacket to get at my wallet and this woman comes running up to me screaming "how dare you wear that? Guns kill everyone!" I stopped, thought for a second, and said I guess they missed you! Checked out and went home. True stroy! No more NRA stickers on the truck! I guess we have to become closet gunners! Glad I am old and won't live to see the day when we no longer can heve them. Time to fight back.....

Other than Football, which I have boycotted NFL on NBC, I pretty ,uch only watch Discovery. Sending them a letter no longer watchng shows like American Chopper, myth busters, Gold Rush, Jungle Gold etc...

Love those showsbutnow I need to back it up with action. The Constitution is too important. Will share letter after treadmill. Write the letter and actually boycott the station. Your Founding Fathers would be proud :-)

I will get 5 people to write a similar letter tomorrow and ask them to each get 5 more. I then must follow up to make sure they did it. It is only worth it if I get results....asking others and hoping they do it is not good enough. Feel free to cut / paste and edit, but get a letter out and encourage others to do the same. THEN, BOYCOTT THE CHANNEL. We can do this, it won't be easy but it can be done. Prepare for a long war and stay the course.

December 18, 2012

Public Relations

DCI World Headquarters

One Discovery Place

Silver Spring, MD 20910

Dear Sir or Madam:

Other than football, Discovery Channel is pretty much the only channel I watch. I love Myth Busters, Dirty Jobs, Deadliest Catch, Gold Rush, Jungle Gold, American Choppers and others. But I will no longer watch any programs on your channel due to your decision to cancel American Guns.

I feel sick about the tragedy in Newtown, CT. But the problem is the perpetrator, not the tool. As you probably heard, on the very same day of the shooting a man in China stabbed 22 children with a knife, not a firearm. Timothy McVeigh murdered 168 in Oklahoma, but not with a firearm. And as strange as this may seem, we are lucky the joker in Aurora, CO did not use a bomb in the theatre because he certainly had the ability and resources to use a bomb. Drunk drivers kill innocent people, including children, all the time. Nobody is suggesting we ban alcohol.

I will be encouraging others to boycott your channel. We need to make the Discovery Channel feel it where it counts…the ratings.

Joe