Polak

NICS still taking 8 years to transfer a firearm?

I mean more the whole process of finding off time to go to the shop, find it in stock, filling out the paperwork, then possibly having to drive back to pick it up. Kinda a PIA. I agree the paperwork alone isn't too horrible.

Gothcha that makes more sense. I hope it works out for you.

To all those who purchased a firearm from Dicks, and have been waiting weeks for them to contact Nics because they can't figure out how to fax a Nic's request.........why have you not demanded a refund. I don't care how much I would want it, I would tell them to shove their indifference to customer service and refund my money!!

No choice really, I had a bunch of gift cards I had to use up.

Im having a real hard time wrapping my head around this. I paid for a long gun in cash to the dealer on Friday. It is now Thursday and i haven't heard anything. I'm almost convinced the FFL

is somewhat incompetent and BSing me.Seems from what im reading here is i should have had it by yesterday if not sooner.

Im having a real hard time wrapping my head around this. I paid for a long gun in cash to the dealer on Friday. It is now Thursday and i haven't heard anything. I'm almost convinced the FFL

is somewhat incompetent and BSing me.Seems from what im reading here is i should have had it by yesterday if not sooner.

First off, have you tried to contact the FFL? And if so, what was their response. Also wasn't there a NICS fax number change last week? Could that be a problem with the change over? Just a few question before a FFL get thrown under the bus, especially if its a forum supporter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First of all yes second of all i dont really feel like discussing this further with you. thanks

Simple questions and info for ya man.. I just found out in another thread earlier today that you might not have been aware of and just figured id let you know so you could ask them if that might be what could be holding you up.

Not sure why you would have a problem with me passing along that info, but that's cool, do what ya want.

I bought a ruger 10/22 from Luciano's on 1-2-13 and picked it up less than 48 hours later.

I have a ruger 10/22 takedown at Lincoln park's True Value Hardware that I filled out the paperwork for yesterday 1-9-13. Haven't heard from them yet. Possibly tomorrow. I was told it takes about two days from them.

First off, have you tried to contact the FFL? And if so, what was their response. Also wasn't there a NICS fax number change last week? Could that be a problem with the change over? Just a few question before a FFL get thrown under the bus, especially if its a forum supporter.

I waited 24 hours.. Paperwork was faxed..

My FFL told me yes... NICS fax number was changed form a 900 number to a 800 number he had to do alot of phone running around to get thru and finally get the correct number..

Side note... Isn't there a stipulation where if you don't get a response from NICS in 3 days you can continue with the transaction ?????