jermz1987

Shotgun Help Please!!!

So I removed the dimples on my remington 870 to add a wilson combat extension. So I looked online and it said to put a littel true blue on the holes to help prevent rust. Well after dabbing some of the area, it has put a little rust in the area. So i used some wool to get the rust off. It wasnt hard to remove. After I got it off I put some auto touch up paint on the area and it came out great. I put the shotgun back together and added the extention. the shotgun cycles just fine and everything seems great, But I have a concern that the little rust I took off might have damaged something. or might cause trouble in the future. Should I be worried?

nope you are fine you should see some of my shotguns that i use for hunting they got quite a bit of rust on them at one point (i got it off with brass wool) and even some minor pitting on one of the barrels and i have never had a problem

I got these items for christmas. I really love the wilson Combat extension. thats all that was added. I have my new shotgun now as well. Mossberg 590 Mariner, I got for an amazing price. Love them both.

I got these items for christmas. I really love the wilson Combat extension. thats all that was added. I have my new shotgun now as well. Mossberg 590 Mariner, I got for an amazing price. Love them both.

Put them on the "shotgun pics" thread papi

Looks great. I saw Hickok's review of the WC 870 and it was sweet. Can't justify spending $1k on it though.

Your 870 looks great. Post pics of the 590 mariner. I didn't know they made one.

Thanks bry. Yeah the Wilson Combat is my dream shotgun. but its too pricey for me. So I decided to make a clone. I just need to find someone who can put on my ghost ring sights. Here is a pic of the 590 Mariner I got.

73C56490-0755-4249-A80A-E3DB08924A03-3290-000003233DA3025C.jpg

Nice. If you don't mind me asking, how much? lol

I just took ownership of a 590A1 and I think I got a decent deal on it. Even came with the heat sheild. I would like to add a retractable stock to it.

Well they had it for 550, but the guy gave it to me for 475. It has the messa tactical leo adapter, as well as the messa side saddle. It also has the Hogue forend which I really love. Figured the deal was to good to pass up. Not to mention its a mariner.

Jermz1987,

How do you get to the safety with that stock configuration on the Mariner? I never thought a pistol grip with a stock was a good match for the Manual of Arms on a Mossberg.

Also, that is the Mesa Tactical High Tube Adapter, not the LEO Adapter.

Your 870 is niiiiice!

Happy New Year!

Jermz1987,

How do you get to the safety with that stock configuration on the Mariner? I never thought a pistol grip with a stock was a good match for the Manual of Arms on a Mossberg.

Also, that is the Mesa Tactical High Tube Adapter, not the LEO Adapter.

Your 870 is niiiiice!

Happy New Year!

Yeah I noticed its a little hard to get to with the stock adapter. But for now it will have to do. The Remington 870 will be complete once I get my Ghost Ring Sights installed. I thought the price on the 590 was very good so I jumped on it. We will see how I like the set up once I get some trigger time on it.