What size sights did you use? We're they easy to install?

Great gun!

Dawson recomended the .195 tall for that rear. That did not work out well on my gun. I replaced it with the .240 tall (.100 wide) and all is well. The front is a simple slide in fit. The rear took some fitting.

I have the same gun as Steve. I had a LOT of stovepipes on it when I first used it.

I took it apart, cleaned it, saw a lot of places that showed some wear, so I sat watching TV one night and racked that thing at least 1000 times! Lemme tell you, there was a LOT of metal worn-off of it then. I cleaned it again, and it felt farrrrrr smoother. Since then, it almost never, ever had any issues. I decided to use CCI high velocity in it one day, that really cured it's problems, no more stovepipes since then.

I have a set of sights for it, just haven't done them yet. I also have some other goodies for it, Steve has done them already. Gotta find the time to work on that gun. They are cool though. Decent weight. Funtions like my "real" 1911 with the grip safety and controls.

Remove the no-mag no-fire lever inside. Very easy to do and lets you drop the hammer without sticking an empty mag in it.

Steve, I was installing the new spring and guide rod stuff today. The small metal washer that sits between the spring and the plastic washer doesn't fit the new shaft. You run into the same thing? I can probably find something else to put in there if I need to.

Steve, I was installing the new spring and guide rod stuff today. The small metal washer that sits between the spring and the plastic washer doesn't fit the new shaft. You run into the same thing? I can probably find something else to put in there if I need to.

I did not have that problem. You must have the older guide rod/spring from GSG. They changed it after all the broken guide rod problems.

Mike I didn't use that washer, it's not needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the SIG variety. The washer does not need to be installed. I had some problems cycling it for about the first 50 to 100 shots, and sometimes right after it is cleaned it jams on the first magazine or two, but then it works flawlessly with just about any ammo I put through it. I think that maybe early on, I did not put the guide rod spring in correctly.

I would love to update the sights, especially the front with a Dawson fiber optic sight. I have heard that the rear one needs some fitting. I would also like to get metal base plates for the magazines that I have available, and I would like to swap out the back strap for a different one (I just don't like the one included too much), and I would like to get a stainless barrel bushing and have a gunsmith do a trigger job. If anybody knows who can assist with this gunsmithing in Northern NJ, please advise.

Dawson recomended the .195 tall for that rear. That did not work out well on my gun. I replaced it with the .240 tall (.100 wide) and all is well. The front is a simple slide in fit. The rear took some fitting.

Do you now have to use the 6 o'clock hold with the taller sights? I notice that the Sig 1911.22 has a short front sight and I have to use the 6 o'clock hold. I want to get away from that when I replace the sights so I was wondering what the Dawson recommendation was for or what type of hold you now have to use with the .240 tall front? Thanks

Do you now have to use the 6 o'clock hold with the taller sights? I notice that the Sig 1911.22 has a short front sight and I have to use the 6 o'clock hold. I want to get away from that when I replace the sights so I was wondering what the Dawson recommendation was for or what type of hold you now have to use with the .240 tall front? Thanks

Keep in mind that I have an adjustable rear on mine. If you are sticking with the factory rear, comparisons to my gun won't help. I only did a quick sight in with this sight and need to play with it more before I can accurately comment on it.