matty

Sticker up for 2A Rights!

I am not one for bumper stickers, or other stickers on my cars/bikes. last one I had on my 10 year old car was US flag that's faded a lot. So I was at a new Autozone by me getting gas stabilizer, and there was a same size one by the register. Cleaning out my desk later, I came across an NJ2AS sticker. Then I decided to order a couple NRA stickers. I decided that because of an alleged story from 2004 that a Bush political operative could tell what districts Bush was going to win by the numbers of Support our Troops yellow ribbon magnets there were. I figure it can't hurt, and might actually help---YMMV

My truck has an American Flag, a Gadsden Flag, and POW/MIA Flag sticker. My life NRA member sticker. And a magnet that says Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

I've seen a few threads on here, where people asked if an NRA sticker made them a 'target' for cops. :facepalm:

I didn't put any NRA stickers but I did put a stick family of me and the wife with guns as kids and the other side is a family of zombies.

I didn't want to put any attention getter stickers for the simple reason of catching the wrong attention.

I don't do it for the "follow me, I have guns in my house!" factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was the other stupid excuse I wanted to facepalm.

:facepalm:

I don't quite understand the thinking here. Are we for protecting the 2 nd amendment or not? I question it every time I read how we should all be doing everything possible to protect our "RIGHTS" as Americans. Call and write your reps, senators, the president, but don't let anyone know you are doing it? What the hell are we hiding for? I have NRA stickers on my car and front door. If I were employed, and had the resources, I'd put a shite load more stickers or magnets to show my support. I want to be able to say I know my "RIGHTS" are secure. If you aren't willing to show how passionate you are, then get the hell out of the way. If you aren't part of the solution, you must be part of the problem.

Well done Matty and Johnp

I don't know if I'd call it a stupid excuse... Just no upside to putting any sticker on the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless you can find me some kind of proof that criminals used an NRA sticker on someones car as a treasure map to steal guns, it will remain a stupid excuse.

I don't quite understand the thinking here. Are we for protecting the 2 nd amendment or not? I question it every time I read how we should all be doing everything possible to protect our "RIGHTS" as Americans. Call and write your reps, senators, the president, but don't let anyone know you are doing it? What the hell are we hiding for? I have NRA stickers on my car and front door. If I were employed, and had the resources, I'd put a shite load more stickers or magnets to show my support. I want to be able to say I know my "RIGHTS" are secure. If you aren't willing to show how passionate you are, then get the hell out of the way. If you aren't part of the solution, you must be part of the problem.

Well done Matty and Johnp

Oh please, how asinine. If you're not riding with 2a bumper stickers you have no passion? Tell that to my face. More of the same nonsense on this forum... Everything has to blow up in every thread the second someone disagrees.

Choosing to broadcast gun ownership is a personal choice. My neighbors will never know I'm the "guy with the guns". If the Star Ledger doesn't get involved, anyway..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Oh- please, how asinine. If you're not riding with 2a bumper stickers you have no passion? Tell that to my face. More of the same nonsense on this forum... Everything has to blow up in every thread the second someone disagrees.

Choosing to broadcast gun ownership is a personal choice. My neighbors will never know I'm the "guy with the guns". If the Star Ledger doesn't get involved, anyway..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You know what, you must be right. I guess anything you don't agree with is asinine. Change your name to thinskin if everything bothers you so much.

And if the Star Ledger gets to print their list, guess your neighbors will know you're the guy...anyway

Out

I don't think being hesitant to put stickers like that on your car is illogical or paranoid. Opinions aside, I value my anonymity and I don't put anything on my car, gun related or otherwise, because I don't want my car to be an attraction for other people. I want you to forget you saw my car after I pass you in the left lane or in a parking lot.

We all know there are overzealous people. including LEO's out there. I can personally say, that on a car that had no stickers, I have been pulled over (admittedly for nothing by the officer) and asked 4 times if I was transporting guns in my car. When I told him the second time, he started telling me "you know what I could do to you if I find out you are lying to me about carrying guns in your car????" the 3rd and 4th time, I told him I answered his question already and the answer hadn't changed. Still didn't consent to any search and he eventually left me alone. I truly was not transporting anything.

while he may be an anomaly, with jerks like that with a badge, I don't ever want to telegraph to anyone that I may or may not be a gun owner. It does nothing to "empower" the cause in my opinion, and only makes you a target for undue attention, from the law or otherwise.

And when I lived out of state and carried concealed, the entire purpose of doing so was to do it unbeknownst to everyone around you. If people know what you're up to, it defeats the purpose. It does telegraph to the people around you "hey, I probably have guns, either in my house or possibly in this car". Being into firearms is not about feeling you have a 12 inch di*k, or showing off to other people. No more than any other hobby. The fact that I don't want to put up a quote of the 10th amendment on my car does not mean I believe states can't decide what is best for them, and that I am bringing down "states rights" for being a "wuss".

I don't think someone is dumb for proudly putting an NRA sticker on their truck. Conversely, I don't think I am a wuss for not putting one on my car. I just personally don't want any messaging on my car. When I was in college, and I remember drunken pricks walking down the street and kicking in the tailpipes and scratching the paintjobs on cars because they had a sports team magnet that they didn't like. I know dummies like that exist. it's not worth it to me.

I am passionate about a lot of things, and I don't feel the need to plaster it on my vehicle. I'll wear it on a tshirt..I'll talk about it with people I encounter...I don't need to have it on my nice car that will sit in a parking lot and have someone possibly key it. just no upside. I want my car to be the least identifiable, most forgettable thing you've ever seen.

I have the small American flag from DAV that says “Freedom isn’t Free” and NRA stickers on both my vehicles, if I had a windshield on my Harley I’d probably put one there too. The NRA sticker are 3” in diameter so going down the road at 25, 35, 50 or 65 ~ 80 mph I doubt if anyone even sees them. In a parking lot my vehicles only seem to find shopping carts other than that they don’t draw any attention in my case. I think the only folks that recognize them are you guys. So small decals in windows are OK but I’d don’t do bumper stickers

EDIT: typo

I get lots of smiles at my "Obama-bin-Lyin" sticker on my Suburau. Depending on the vehicle, all have a NRA sticker on them, a US Flag / patriotic one and a NOPE 2012 using BHO's Zero logo. Need to swap those out...