BOOMSTICK

NRA, Joe Biden To Meet

"It's unlikely that the NRA will support any proposal that involves limiting access to firearms. But its inclusion in the discussion does allow the White House to say it consulted a wide swath of stakeholders in the debate."

This quote from the article stands out to me as it scares me a bit. I'm really hoping that the White House and Biden in particular is staging this meeting as a charade. All of this just so he can say that tried to discuss and get input from the NRA while his mind has already been made up in regards to the agenda they will try to push. I hope I'm just being pessimistic and that some good fir both sides will come from the meeting.

This is just another dog and pony show like when Obama was on TV with the republicans and they forced Obamacare through. The time when he bought off votes. They have no interest in meeting with the NRA. The best we can hope for is the NRA doesn't budge an inch. I don't believe there is a lower form of life on our planet than the present administration.

"It's unlikely that the NRA will support any proposal that involves limiting access to firearms. But its inclusion in the discussion does allow the White House to say it consulted a wide swath of stakeholders in the debate."

This quote from the article stands out to me as it scares me a bit. I'm really hoping that the White House and Biden in particular is staging this meeting as a charade. All of this just so he can say that tried to discuss and get input from the NRA while his mind has already been made up in regards to the agenda they will try to push. I hope I'm just being pessimistic and that some good fir both sides will come from the meeting.

This is the only reason Biden is meeting with the NRA.

This meeting is just so they can say they included gun people. Just like when they said Romney would hurt the middle class... I was missing about $70 from my paycheck this time around since they "fixed" the fiscal cliff. It's all a lot of crap, You're going to end up having to shoot someone off your front porch before this is over.

NRA just sent out this statement regarding the meeting @ the whitehouse

Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's

White House Task Force Meeting

line.gif

Fairfax, Va. – The National Rifle Association of America is made up of over 4 million moms and dads, daughters and sons, who are involved in the national conversation about how to prevent a tragedy like Newtown from ever happening again. We attended today's White House meeting to discuss how to keep our children safe and were prepared to have a meaningful conversation about school safety, mental health issues, the marketing of violence to our kids and the collapse of federal prosecutions of violent criminals.

We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment. While claiming that no policy proposals would be “prejudged,” this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners - honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans. It is unfortunate that this Administration continues to insist on pushing failed solutions to our nation's most pressing problems. We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works - and what does not.

I for one am shocked! To think that the idea of having the NRA there was an empty gesture? And now I'm learning that Biden and friends are solely concerned with taking guns away rather than figuring out how to prevent and defend against the acts of extreme violence that prompted this blue ribbon commitee. Next I suppose we're going to find out Obama has been wiping his ass with one of the original Constitutions?

Honestly, did anyone really think either side would actually agree on ANYTHING or that the NRA would actually be heard???? This was a sham from the start. The NRA had to be invited to show "fairness", the NRA had to accept to show "willingness" to discuss the problems, but no comprimise was ever a possibilty. Reality time people, we're soon going to find out who really rules the nation, and very soon.... and I really don't know at this point, I'm just praying that my money spent to support the NRA has more power than the clueless idots that are going to push the new anti-gun agenda. God help us all....

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, so I figured I'd post it to this thread. I can't believe Biden even said this, whether it's true or not.

http://www.gloucestercitynews.net/clearysnotebook/2013/01/nra-biden-says-administration-doesnt-have-time-to-prosecute-people-who-lie-on-background-checks.html

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, so I figured I'd post it to this thread. I can't believe Biden even said this, whether it's true or not.

http://www.glouceste...und-checks.html

It's sort of like the main stream media and the public not having the time to do background checks and mental health checks on public figures.

Yes, Biden is pathetic. If you cannot enforce laws as they exist, its always better just to pass more laws. By the way, I think that schumerhead should go and turn in his Beretta.