Sign in to follow this  
Spartiati

President's 1/14/12 Press Conference - Gun Control

I am sure it will be available on youtube later today. Questions on gun control from the media. Sounded to me like he will only use EO on some fairly innocuous things. He mentioned improvement of data on prohibited persons. No mention of a ban going through EO but we'll have to wait and see.

Interesting that he blames interest groups for fanning the flames of fear among gun owners which has led to increased gun sales. You're right Mr. President the fears have nothing to do with people like Cuomo talking about confiscations, and the number of assinine Bills brought forth in the last month..

From what I've read, he also wants to improve gun tracking which would give too much power to the BATF and make it easier for the Govt to confiscate guns because they'll know what you have. That also assumes we would all report every single gun we have to the government instead of taking the risk of keeping one or two off the list.

They will dope the mag limits down to state levels...........they will be state level restrictions......... They will be state level bans....

The feds will play the game.....you want states rights....great let the states decide.... The feds will push states to enact legislation at the state level

So I can see the uber liberal states NY NJ etc....making a HARD HARD push.........

Might be time to vote with your feet....I have already thought about that..........dunno we will see...

Yea - I'm more concerned with what's going to happen on the state level. An yes - PA sure does look good.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR...still too cold..........

Low Country of SC.....................

:)

It'll be Louisiana for me. Working hard on convincing my big family to do this. BTW, gun rights is the least of this states problems.

Obama seemed resigned to the fact that that they will not get much done...The part about U-Background checks is fine to me - cheeze, after some of the folks I met on the NJGF Saturday night, I am glad they at least all had back-ground checks! (Just kidding guys - no need to blast me ;-)).

People in the USA have voted with their "feet" in essence on this; the long, long, lines at at the Gun-Shows recently in Cities even like Liberal San Francisco are an extreemly powerful TV visual which not even the Liberals can wave-away...This is especially true because so many women, seniors, mothers and farthers on those lines are speaking up to reporters (i.e., Not just Gun Nutz in Camo)...These people are the heart and sole of America.

President's 1/14/12 Press Conference - Gun Control

Meanwhile 90% of New Jerseyites are like, Ooooo, yes, yes, yes, Ooooo....Praise our Lord and Savior Barack!!!!! Oooo, we would do ANYTHING for you!!! Even put Your bumper stickers on our kids' foreheads. Truly, as a state, NJ amongst a couple more, is a Pathetic, Pathetic, land of Sycophants.

There IS a pushback on this. Even on the most superficial level, anytime a mainstream news site or blog posts something anti-gun, the vast majority of commenters are pro-gun (some intelligent, some...not). My feeling is that the gun control issue was the topic du jour, and most people just parroted what the press and politicians said. Then they lost interest. Hopefully this is the case. ESPECIALLY since tomorrow is payday for many people, and it will be the first tangible hit to the wallet of working Americans. This administration will look greedy, bloated and unwise. They'll have even LESS political capital to play with once people realize they have less money to spend because of the current government.

But we shouldn't sit back, now is the time to go on the offensive. WE'RE the passionate ones. We're the ones that actually care and are willing to fight for our rights with facts, and not emotional fear. KEEP IT UP.

Federal background checks would be federal registration of firearms.  That won't happen.  But just to keep it on the record and open to the public, we're going to have to kick their ass on this and then spit on them before they pull their pants up.

And we still have some existing illegal firearms restrictions we need to throw out with these bums.  They made the biggest mistake they could.  Mobilize and organize a few extra million of us.  We have a lot of work to do, and they're not going to like it.  Boo Hoo.