BNJGF

Photo for Florida CCW application

There are the instructions for the photo that has to be sent with the application. Can I print one out on my inkjet printer with glossy photo paper or should I go to a place those does passport photos? What did you guys do? I'd hate to have it sent back denied.

• Photograph must show the subject in a frontal portrait as shown at left.

(NO HATS, NO SUNGLASSES).

• Photograph’s outer dimension must be larger than 1-1/4” X 1-3/8”.

• Photograph must be in color with a light-colored background.

(NO FANCY BACKDROP, LETTERING, ETC.)

• Surface of the photograph must be glossy.

• Photograph must not be stained, cracked, or mutilated; it must lie flat.

• Photographic image must be sharp and correctly exposed.

• Photograph must be non-retouched.

• Photograph must not be pasted on cards or mounted in any way.

• Photograph must be taken within 30 days prior to the date application is submitted.

• Snapshots, group pictures, or full-length portraits will not be accepted.

• Lightly print your name and date of birth on the back of the photograph.

Use crayon or felt-tipped pen to avoid mutilation of the photograph.

• Do not cut the photograph. Do not use glue or staples to attach photograph to application.

From http://licgweb.doacs...nstructions.pdf

The glossy paper works too. That's all CVS does, they print it on their own machine in glossy format and cut it to the right size. then overcharge the crap out of you.

If your picture is the right size to begin with either do it at home or use their self-service and don't specify passport photo.

Harry - Prints were done at local PD.

Dave - It's $7.99 at CVS. What do you mean by "use their self-service and don't specify passport photo?"

I mean take any shot of yourself with a neutral background and size it such that on a 4x6 print your head will be the right size. Then print a 4x6 for $0.50 and use some scissors.

Thanks guys. I've no problem printing it correctly myself. I'm a graphic designer and operate a printing business. I've never had a passport and wasn't sure if passport photos were made on some sort of magical, government issued material. :)

Thanks guys. I've no problem printing it correctly myself. I'm a graphic designer and operate a printing business. I've never had a passport and wasn't sure if passport photos were made on some sort of magical, government issued material. :)

Well it seems you have the ability to do your won photo, but I'd get a passport if I was you. Good form if I'd, easily hits the points system we now have in NJ for your DL as well as this crap keeps up, we might need one to go to and from the NJ,NY area to other parts of the country. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I agree with the premise of getting a "professional" passport photo (that's how I tried to do it), my "professional" photo was a CVS clerk with a point-and-shoot in front of a white wall. The picture is ter-ri-ble. Fuzzy and washed out. But apparently FL was ok with it because they issued my permit.

At least if you DIY you can keep trying until you get a well exposed, in focus pic. But in the end they don't seem very picky.