I am not the author of this. I pulled it off another forum. I thought it was a good post. Here is a very Straight forward Response to the Idiots that say the 2nd. Amendment was about Muskets.

In 1776 The Army had Flintlock Muskets

In 1776 the Citizens had Flintlock Muskets and Even Flintlock Rifles that were Superior to those of the Army Nobody Minded

The Army then went to Percussion Cap Rifles.

The Citizens had Percussion Rifles at the Same time -Nobody Minded.

In the late 1800s Armies had Single Shot Ctg Rifles.

The Citizens also had Single Shot Ctg Rifles - Many Citizens also had Lever Action Repeating Ctg Rifles - Nobody Minded

By 1900 Armies had Bolt Action Repeating Ctg Rifles.

At the Same time Citizens also had Bolt Action Repeating Bolt Action Rifles - Nobody Minded

By the 1940s Armies had Semi-Auto Repeating Rifles.

Again - Citizens had Semi-Auto Repeating Rifles - Nobody Minded

By the 1950's Armies had Semi-Auto and Full-Auto Higher Magazine Capacity Rifles

Citizens then began to have Semi-Auto Rifles with Higher Capacity Magazines - Nobody Minded

Today Armies still have Semi-Auto and Full Auto High Capacity Magazine Rifles.

Today Citizens have Semi-Auto High Capacity Magazine Rifles but - Now Someone has a problem with them ?

What Changed ?

Nothing !

The 2nd Amendment has covered this Evolution of Technology since 1778. The Words are still the Same. The Right of the People to Bear Arms Shall not be Infringed - has not Changed and Neither has the Guns it refers to.[/indent]

The People of the united states have changed. For the most part a large percentage of us are complete morons. They are more interested in the false beliefs that they have the right to other peoples money and less about the rights that are actually in the constitution. Just ask 10 people on the street who the vice president is and you'll get 4 different answers.. Our schools no long teach children about civics as they feel its more important to teach "fairness".

The People of the united states have changed. For the most part a large percentage of us are complete morons. They are more interested in the false beliefs that they have the right to other peoples money and less about the rights that are actually in the constitution. Just ask 10 people on the street who the vice president is and you'll get 4 different answers.. Our schools no long teach children about civics as they feel its more important to teach "fairness".

+1

What changed is we have a tyrannical government in control of a country weaning a growing population of government dependent idiots. Pretty soon they'll be handing out the toilet paper and telling you when you can wipe your ass.

None of the gun legislation has anything to do with safety. It's all about population control.

What changed is we have a tyrannical government in control of a country weaning a growing population of government dependent idiots. Pretty soon they'll be handing out the toilet paper and telling you when you can wipe your ass.

None of the gun legislation has anything to do with safety. It's all about population control.

Well said. BTW love the Avatar LOL

What a crock of shit!

In 1934 the government passed the NFA, banning short barreled shotguns, short barreled rifles, and machine guns and destructive devices such as grenades.

Yeah, yeah, you could get a $200 tax stamp. In 1934. When people made $10-20 a week. Right.

Government arms have out-paced civilian small arms for nearly 80 years now.

What a crock of shit!

In 1934 the government passed the NFA, banning short barreled shotguns, short barreled rifles, and machine guns and destructive devices such as grenades.

Yeah, yeah, you could get a $200 tax stamp. In 1934. When people made $10-20 a week. Right.

Your response here is to a semi auto repeating rifle, do you know what that is?

Or did you mead to quote something else to have this response to the other poster in this thread.

I'm not getting what the tax stamp reference is about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your response here is to a semi auto repeating rifle, do you know what that is?

Or did you mead to quote something else to have this response to the other poster in this thread.

I'm not getting what the tax stamp reference is about?

My point was that the OP tries to state that military/police/govt weapons are only now outpacing civilian weapons due to the modern era "Assault Weapons Bans", when in reality, it's been 80 years since the civillian populace had access to the same small arms as the government.

The tax stamp is because the National Firearms Act (NFA) is not actually a ban. It is a tax on certain types of firearms - machine guns, short barreled rifles and shotguns, Destructive Devices which are explosives or anything over .50 with a rifled barrel that isn't a shotgun, Silencers, and "any other weapons" which are things like pen guns and odd shotgun caliber things like Serbu Super Shortys. It requires registration and approval from the chief law enforcement officer of the area in which the applicant resides, and a $200 tax stamp. The $200 amount is the original fee and has remained unchanged since 1934 (except for AOW which is $5 tax). While $200 is accessible today, in 1934 not a whole lot of people had $200 laying around to pay a tax on a gun. Going by rough math that's about the equivalent of about $3,200 today if the guys on XDtalk are correct.

The actual intent of the act was simply to allow intimidation by local police, and a prohibitive fee that made obtaining it unrealistic for the vast majority of people. As an NJ resident, you should be familiar with both these tactics.

Pictured below is a sample ATF tax stamp:

Transfer_Tax.jpg

I am not the author of this. I pulled it off another forum. I thought it was a good post. Here is a very Straight forward Response to the Idiots that say the 2nd. Amendment was about Muskets.

In 1776 The Army had Flintlock Muskets

In 1776 the Citizens had Flintlock Muskets and Even Flintlock Rifles that were Superior to those of the Army Nobody Minded

The Army then went to Percussion Cap Rifles.

The Citizens had Percussion Rifles at the Same time -Nobody Minded.

In the late 1800s Armies had Single Shot Ctg Rifles.

The Citizens also had Single Shot Ctg Rifles - Many Citizens also had Lever Action Repeating Ctg Rifles - Nobody Minded

By 1900 Armies had Bolt Action Repeating Ctg Rifles.

At the Same time Citizens also had Bolt Action Repeating Bolt Action Rifles - Nobody Minded

By the 1950's Armies had Semi-Auto and Full-Auto Higher Magazine Capacity Rifles

Citizens then began to have Semi-Auto Rifles with Higher Capacity Magazines - Nobody Minded

Today Armies still have Semi-Auto and Full Auto High Capacity Magazine Rifles.

Today Citizens have Semi-Auto High Capacity Magazine Rifles but - Now Someone has a problem with them ?

What Changed ?

Nothing !

The 2nd Amendment has covered this Evolution of Technology since 1778. The Words are still the Same. The Right of the People to Bear Arms Shall not be Infringed - has not Changed and Neither has the Guns it refers to.[/indent]

What guns does it refer to? I must have missed the section that listed them. :) It can be argued that it refers to muskets because that was all they envisioned back then. :) So many people think that nothing can happen to our guns simply because of some words whose meaning is decided by the Supreme Court whose Justices are appointed by the President. If it was so clear as to its intent so much time and money would not have been spent on debating what it means over the years. Can you carry a gun on you like I do in NJ? Does the 2nd amendment mention concealed carry too? It does not say that we can have unrestricted access to guns or RPGs or a lot of other weapons that are banned for civilian use. It does not mention any background checks or magazine limits and yet we have all of that and no one has been successful it having those controls and restrictions declared unconsitutional.

If we pay attention we can see the strategy being used. Gradual reduction in the number of rounds we can carry as mass shootings will continue and people will want to reduce the round count further. After all, who doesn't want to limit a magazine to 6 rounds to save the life of one more child if a 7 round mag was used? Ban some guns now, a few more later and pretty soon we will end up with bolt action rifles and revolvers, which in my case, happens to be what I prefer. :)

What guns does it refer to? I must have missed the section that listed them. :) It can be argued that it refers to muskets because that was all they envisioned back then. :) So many people think that nothing can happen to our guns simply because of some words whose meaning is decided by the Supreme Court whose Justices are appointed by the President. If it was so clear as to its intent so much time and money would not have been spent on debating what it means over the years. Can you carry a gun on you like I do in NJ? Does the 2nd amendment mention concealed carry too? It does not say that we can have unrestricted access to guns or RPGs or a lot of other weapons that are banned for civilian use. It does not mention any background checks or magazine limits and yet we have all of that and no one has been successful it having those controls and restrictions declared unconsitutional.

If we pay attention we can see the strategy being used. Gradual reduction in the number of rounds we can carry as mass shootings will continue and people will want to reduce the round count further. After all, who doesn't want to limit a magazine to 6 rounds to save the life of one more child if a 7 round mag was used? Ban some guns now, a few more later and pretty soon we will end up with bolt action rifles and revolvers, which in my case, happens to be what I prefer. :)

It refers to "arms." "The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." The meaning of "arms" is plain and it does not mean muskets.

What a crock of shit!

Exactly my thoughts when I read that.

My point was that the OP tries to state that military/police/govt weapons are only now outpacing civilian weapons due to the modern era "Assault Weapons Bans", when in reality, it's been 80 years since the civillian populace had access to the same small arms as the government.

Ok, was just tough to follow with you quoting the repeating rifle I. Your original response and then going off on a tangent talk NFA and all being most of us here probably own a repeating rifle like what it looked like you through your BS card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk