mx597turbo

Taking Action in Essex County

My last name starts with a D. I applied on January 31st with reference letters going out quite promptly. I'm in Belleville and spoke with Detective Giacobbe who said that the mental health records are all they're waiting on. I'll update if I get any good news.

Again, does anybody know how long it should take the police department to find out that the mental health check has been cleared? For example, if Nancy has "cleared" those who have last names that start with A through C, when will their respective police departments get word of that? A day later? Two days? A week?

All insight welcome!

My last name starts with a D. I applied on January 31st with reference letters going out quite promptly. I'm in Belleville and spoke with Detective Giacobbe who said that the mental health records are all they're waiting on. I'll update if I get any good news.

That's not too long.. It's over 5 months for me so far

Bossymossy,

I suppose its possible that the police staff responsible for processing apps in your city are only there on certain days, and may not be in until later in the week. I know in my town, the detective in charge of processing apps is only in on tuesdays. Just a thought...

From Scott Bach.

Date: March 26, 2013, 12:14:50 PM EDT

To: 'Colandro Anthony'

Subject: time sensitive - Essex County

Do you know of anyone in Essex County whose permit applications have not been processed for many months due to the damaged mental health records? I have a reporter who wants to speak to such a person.

Please contact him ASAP.

Ant

Here we go folks, a reporter wants to speak to us about the situation. Here is the contact:

ANTHONY P. COLANDRO

CEO / Master Training Counselor & Capitalist Marksman

888-Gun-For-Hire (486-3674)

http://www.gunforhire.com/

Don't be shy, lets do this!

Here we go folks, a reporter wants to speak to us about the situation. Here is the contact:

ANTHONY P. COLANDRO

CEO / Master Training Counselor & Capitalist Marksman

888-Gun-For-Hire (486-3674)

http://www.gunforhire.com/

Don't be shy, lets do this!

Anthony Colandro a reporter? It's called Gun For Hire radio. Should be required listening on all of your devices...

That's not too long.. It's over 5 months for me so far

Sorry to hear that :(. I know there's quite a few people with ridiculous wait times.

I honestly expected mine in June or July when I applied.

Not that it's still not out of the question but at based on some of the activity that we're hearing about, I think it should be sooner than that.

We'll find out soon enough I hope.

Also it could depend on the method they use to send the completed checks to the PD's (a fax or phone call as opposed to snail mail)

Even if it is snail mail, that would be next day delivery in 99% of situations unless something gets lost in the mail.

Anthony owns GFH, this seems to be the reporter.

Scott L Bach, Member of the Board of Directors of the NRA.

"Scott L. Bach" <[email protected]>

http://www.bachbio.com/

Seems like a good man to know. He is the president of the ANJRPC.

Last night I sent an email to Scott Bach, Member of the Board of Directors of the NRA.

Here is his response:

Hi – I am aware of all of this, and ANJRPC is working on it. I’m told that the Essex County records have been restored, were returned last week, and that they are working through the backlog as quickly as possible. The logjam should be broken shortly.

Coincidentally, the Wall Street Journal is doing a story on the Essex County situation. If you’d be interested in talking to the reporter, please give me your permission to forward your email to her.

Regards,

- Scott

Last night I sent an email to Scott Bach, Member of the Board of Directors of the NRA.

Here is his response:

Hi – I am aware of all of this, and ANJRPC is working on it. I’m told that the Essex County records have been restored, were returned last week, and that they are working through the backlog as quickly as possible. The logjam should be broken shortly.

Coincidentally, the Wall Street Journal is doing a story on the Essex County situation. If you’d be interested in talking to the reporter, please give me your permission to forward your email to her.

Regards,

- Scott

Thanks, mchosi1, for reaching out to our friends at the NRA.

No to take anything away from your situation, but there are others outside of Essex county that are waiting 4 to 6 months or more even without flood damage issues. Does anyone know if the NRA or ANJRPC have that on their radar?

Thanks, mchosi1, for reaching out to our friends at the NRA.

No to take anything away from your situation, but there are others outside of Essex county that are waiting 4 to 6 months or more even without flood damage issues. Does anyone know if the NRA or ANJRPC have that on their radar?

Does anyone really believe this is because of flood issues? Its just an excuse.

There's no need to be so melodramatic. All that's happening is we're getting screwed on the FID's and PP's. If you REALLY believed a revolution was coming, I'm sure you would have gotten out of Newark by now.

I haven't posted on here for a while, but I have been keeping up with the developments. I have accepted I'm not getting an FID. No lawyers or media outlets care. If having a gun is that important to you, you will have to move to another state. Even if you moved to another county in NJ, you won't be able to get a FID or PP because they check with the counties you used to live in. So all you can do is live with it or move to another state.

While all this is sinking in, just remember, these are the people you pay taxes to :)

First off "having a gun" as you say isnt the issue its about our rights. And "having a gun" or bearing arms should be important to every american because guns are "libertys teeth". Guns are how we gained and maintain our freedom. If your waiting for your FID as a privilege not a right then your head is in the wrong place. A right delayed is a right denied. This is bigger then most ppl know or can understand.

First off "having a gun" as you say isnt the issue its about our rights. And "having a gun" or bearing arms should be important to every american because guns are "libertys teeth". Guns are how we gained and maintain our freedom. If your waiting for your FID as a privilege not a right then your head is in the wrong place. A right delayed is a right denied. This is bigger then most ppl know or can understand.

I agree with you 100%. But you have to realize that if arming yourself is important, NJ isn't the place for you. Hell, NJ isn't the place for me, I just have a couple things to finish up, then I'm headed to TX.

Here is an email I just got from the reporter from the Wall Street Journal. Please give her a call NOW!!!

My name is Sharon Adarlo, reporter with the Wall Street Journal. I am

doing a report on the damaged records and delayed gun permits.

Scott Bach sent me your email. Could you please call me asap at my

cell 973-519-2847. I would love to speak with you and I am under

deadline today!

Thanks

Sharon

EVERYBODY GET ON THIS!! IM AT WORK OTHERWISE I'D BE CALLING NOW!!

I called Sharon @ The Wall Street Journal, left a message. She called back and I told her my story. She told me the story will be in the paper by the end of the week in the Greater New York section.

I called Sharon @ The Wall Street Journal, left a message. She called back and I told her my story. She told me the story will be in the paper by the end of the week in the Greater New York section.

I feel for y'all in Essex, but the story is so much bigger than just that--The story is that the LAW is that FPID's MUST be issued within 30 days. Period, exclamation point. They cannot play it "fast and loose" on the same 30 day window to issue permits, (no matter what stupid "in the interest of public safety" because it suits their agenda) and then play it "within the letter of the law" for OGAM. I'm on day 46 here in Hunterdon, and was "prepped" by the Trooper that the wait is 3 months...Unacceptable. It is NOT our issue that increased demands should be an EXCUSE for delays of a Constitutional RIGHT. NJ willfully bottlenecks the process in the 1966 paper based system. I ask every single person who doesn't feel the "need" for firearms how they would feel if they had to go through a waiting period to go to church, after undertaking a background check and a mental health records search.

NICS is the other story--The fact that NJ's deliberate privitization and monetization of the FEDERAL background check system that to my knowledge, NO OTHER STATE IN THE UNION FACES is inexcusable.

I feel for y'all in Essex, but the story is so much bigger than just that--The story is that the LAW is that FPID's MUST be issued within 30 days. Period, exclamation point. They cannot play it "fast and loose" on the same 30 day window to issue permits, (no matter what stupid "in the interest of public safety" because it suits their agenda) and then play it "within the letter of the law" for OGAM. I'm on day 46 here in Hunterdon, and was "prepped" by the Trooper that the wait is 3 months...Unacceptable. It is NOT our issue that increased demands should be an EXCUSE for delays of a Constitutional RIGHT. NJ willfully bottlenecks the process in the 1966 paper based system. I ask every single person who doesn't feel the "need" for firearms how they would feel if they had to go through a waiting period to go to church, after undertaking a background check and a mental health records search.

NICS is the other story--The fact that NJ's deliberate privitization and monetization of the FEDERAL background check system that to my knowledge, NO OTHER STATE IN THE UNION FACES is inexcusable.

I am in the same boat, going through the NJSP and they told me the same- 60 to 90 day time frame. I am now over 100 days and when I called last week they told me "another 2 weeks". Which is what they told me back in February.

Looking back a few years ago, at least from what I saw, a 20 to 30 day wait was the norm with a few outliers longer and shorter. But now the mean has to be somewhere around 4 months with a few outliers sooner but many much longer. So, the entire paradigm has shifter from a few beyond 30 to most well beyond 30. Definitely not acceptable!

when i first got my FID back in 2009 it still took 2 months. Even in good times it has still taken way longer than the 30 day rule. It is almost universally ignored, with rare exceptions.

Ditto my first one back in 2001 was about 3 months in big red Morris County. When I had dropped off my paperwork they basically said it would take that long and I reminded them of the 30 day rule and they said, yeah well, what are you going to do about it?

Can anyone confirm the physical location of the office that processes the metal health checks?

I was told (from people in the know) that the office that flooded was IN Belleville…..of course I am assuming that the same location that flooded would still be used but maybe not.

I would think Belleville PD or Anthony or somebody must know. Maybe I am naive, but could one not just walk into the office and speak with Nancy or Frank face to face and ask to see the records.

I mean this is still the United States, and not to be dramatic, but an attorney could also provide a letter citing the 30 day rule in NJ statutes just to give a little back up when meeting with them.

Thoughts?

Kevin