Bully

Baby Eagle .45 vs. 1911- Thoughts?

I am looking around at .45' s. Got a chance to handle the Baby Eagle. Really nice in hand and seems to be very nicely made. Now I' m torn between that and a 1911. This will primarily be a range toy and platform for reloads. The price of the BE is very appealing as is the fact that it' s a little different. However, I loves me some 1911.

Any thoughts? Anyone have a BE? How do you like it?

C

I own both only my Baby is in 9mm and was still under IWI, I love it to death it's the most accurate out of the box gun I have ever shot for me at least. I also have a Kimber Custome and it's great I love it also but just in feel alone it's something that I cant compare. They each service a different purpost and nitch. If your going to be pliiking a lot I would go with the Babyeagle If your going for nastalga and collecting the 1911.

I loved my BE 45, but the slide-mounted safety killed it for me. If you can find one with a frame-mounted safety, go for it. A nice alternative would be a CZ97 as parts are far more available for it.

I'm with j0n, if you can't decide between a baby eagle and a 1911, the CZ97 is your answer, it splits the difference, plus they are VERY pretty.

poster_CZ97_1024.sized.jpg

71 Ragtop... I like the Raptor, but ^^^this^^^ is one pretty firearm! Standard rifling or poly? Anyone know? Also, where can I find one?

C

I have a Sig 1911 and out of all the hand guns I have it's my favorite to shoot. I didn't understand what the big deal was with the 1911 untill I shot one. Try to rent a 1911 at one of the ranges before making your choice.