tony357

POWDER VALLEY ORDERS..

They aren't accepting back orders anymore. There was something on their FB page about it earlier. I was thinking the same thing, just wait for the month or so that it takes to get shipped.

Yup...from their site...

BACKORDERS: (Effective 01/29/13 at 8 AM ET)

Due to the overwhelming number of orders and the extreme supply shortages we are temporarily discontinuing our policy of accepting backorders. Over the past two months we have done everything we can to keep up with the orders including hiring several new employees and working 7 days a week. However, recently we have come to the realization that we simply can not continue to take orders for items that we have no idea when will be available, nor can we expect customers to continue to wait 4-6 weeks for us to process their in stock orders. Orders that are placed for items listed as "Out of Stock" on the website will be immediately canceled. All customers who have backorders in our system currently will not be affected and these orders will be processed as soon as the items come available. We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Bryan Richardson

I've out backorders in everywhere. If they all hit ill have more than I can use in a lifetime so I'd share for cost what I get.

This is exactly why we are having the problem we are having.

People ordering tons and tons of primers, that they'll never use, and im sure will sit on a shelf in the basement until the cows come home.

No, I'm ordering what I need, but from several places and unlike other folks when I get lucky I actually share. If I am ordering for myself and I know others may want it I order more in case they have trouble.

I've backordered at 3 places hoping one actually delivers. If the other two do I know plenty of folks that would want the stuff and I'll give it to them

I ordered projectiles from a site that I got lucky at and when I saw that I could get some I ordered 1500 more than I needed and sold them at the cost on the receipt to other folks. How is that causing the problem?

You've thrown out an awful lot of nonsense when you have no clue. Next time read what I wrote before you post inflammatory comments. I can't imagine what you were like in the gas lines post-hurricane.

It is hoarding that is causing issues... people are buying 5 years of supplies just in case... and they will not use it all. I am up to about a years worth of shooting supplies for me, just about 4k primers short though, if i shoot 12k rounds this year.

I don't consider myself a hoarder. If I get more than I suspect I need for a reasonable time horizon I share. Ask some of the folks here who I've sold ammo to for the cost I paid a year ago--well below the replacement value that prevailed or other reloading items.