http://nj.gov/governor/news/news/552013/approved/20130117b.html

Trenton, NJ – Acting on his commitment to take a full and comprehensive look at the intersection of gun control, addiction, mental health and school safety in New Jersey, Governor Christie today created the NJ SAFE Task Force. The Task Force will be chaired by two former attorneys general of New Jersey, a Democrat and a Republican, with a membership of individuals with expertise in the fields of mental health diagnosis and treatment, addiction services and treatment, gun control and law enforcement, and school safety. The task force’s review comes in the context of a state with among the toughest gun laws in the nation, including an existing assault weapons ban. Nonetheless, Governor Christie wants a full assessment to consider whether additional common sense measures are appropriate for New Jersey.

The list:

Former Attorney General and Associate Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court Peter G. Verniero

Former Attorney General John J. Degnan

Dr. Manuel Guantez, LCADC, Chief Executive Officer, Turning Point, Inc.

James Romer, Monmouth County Services Director, Monmouth Medical Center

Evelyn Sullivan, Managing Director, Daytop Village of New Jersey

Dr. Brian Zychowski, Superintendent of North Brunswick Township Public Schools

Any idea who these people are? I found a post on this forum about Verniero being the father of the evil feature language in our beloved AWB. I wonder how many of them are NRA members.

I sure would like them to consider the statistics regarding the decrease in violent crime in areas that issue CCW permits!

Well that and how about a little lesson in world history on the topic of disarming the citizens and some of the pictures of the aftermath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well that and how about a little lesson in world history on the topic of disarming the citizens and some of the pictures of the aftermath.

While I don't disagree with your idea, it would be dismissed with a quick,"That won't happen here." Whereas my proposal has happened here recently.

To get the liberals to listen, I think we need to stick to more recent events to prevent them from calling us paranoid gun wackos.

I called the Gov's office today on this and got to a functionary who said she couldn't do anything, because the gov had to make the decision and to write the Gov directly, about having someone firearm friendly--from ANJRPC or one of the board members of the bigger clubs. So I did, lets ee if there's response. You gotta call & let them know--

Degnan contributed to Menendez, froelich, Andrews, rush holt, and pascrell

Dengan is a Democrat and former NJ AG so it's not a big shock if he wrote checks to Democrats.

Verniero is a former Republican AG and NJSC justice who the Democrats tried to impeach!

If he wrote NJ's original AWB, and it's arguably more effective than NY and CT's AWBs were -- he might be motivated to defend it.

Others appear to be mental health professionals/administrators and an educator.

If the focus is on crazy people do we want the focus to change to ugly scary black rifles?

2 former NJ AGs, (1 R 1 D), 2 drug/ alcohol /addiction, 1 mental health, 1 educator.

http://www.politicke...report-violence

The Community Mental Health Act of 1963 (CMHA) was a disaster in 1964, in 1984 and it's still a disaster today.

Reference to the woman who was stabbed 22 times by an apparently crazy person in BB&B in Middletown yesterday.

I called the Gov's office today on this and got to a functionary who said she couldn't do anything, because the gov had to make the decision and to write the Gov directly, about having someone firearm friendly--from ANJRPC or one of the board members of the bigger clubs. So I did, lets ee if there's response. You gotta call & let them know--

Excellent, keep us posted!