k3c4forlife

Anyone looking to get in on an AK build?

Looking for people to come together for a build. I have done a bit of research, but I'm pretty overwhelmed. Me and two buddies are looking to do builds. Anyone with experience looking to help a few newbies through their first AK47 builds?

Located in Andover, Sussex Cty.

Thanks

Yeah it's back. Seems the only thing they don't have is triggers but they have almost everything else you need...depending in what you want to do with your build. I'm looking to go all wood classic look with mine. My "tactical" gun will always be my AR

if you watch the build videos on carolina shooters supply webpage, you will learn it all. If you have any problems, join the Saiga 12 website, and hundreds of members will be online to help with any problems you have

I may be interested. I'm inexperienced with the AK style rifles so forgive my ignorance. When you say "Build" do you mean starting with a stripped receiver? Or taking something like a Saiga and converting it?

Thanks.

I can give tips and advice on a conversion as well. I will say now: i don't have a CLUE how to get the FSB off. Nearest I've heard, you need to drill out the pins, get the FSB hot as hell, and press it off. I am also not sure if the barrel is threaded underneath.

Here is mine.

QGoc40Z.jpg

And yes, the mag is blocked. It's a Bulgarian steel with a poly block, riveted to the floor plate, with the floor plate welded on.

not if ur a newbie to the stuff! :unsure:

There is one particular member here that actually bought a parts kit with a cut receiver, and a separate NEW receiver, and assembled it. You need a press and jigs to press the old barrel out of the trunnion and into the new one. I wont mention his name. I'll ask him to take a look at the thread and see if he wants to chime in.

Probably the most brilliant and mechanically/technological inclined person i know lol.

Haha, forgot I started this post... I really want to do a build from 100% receiver and parts kit. The availability of parts is the problem. Would the best receiver to build on be the NDS-1 EZ? What parts kits do people recommend?

+1 for NDS. I used the NDS-5 since I had a m70 parts kit (which I picked up from a dude in Miami on GB). Along with the NDS-29 FCG (Arsenal). And a rivet set, gas piston, and slant muzzle brake from APEX. This was about a year ago

Went from this:

M70B1_parts_kit_20120419.jpg

To this:

M70B1_ejection_side_20120608.jpg

Gunsmith charged me a couple hundred