Bbott

1 purchase permit left, which 9mm to buy?

The "best" polymer frame 9mm is the H&K P30! Don't think many will argue against. Now the question is LEM vs Dual action?

<-- I agree as evidenced by the picture to the left.

Which is most similar to striker action, LEM?

I hear this all the time at local gun stores. I have a few sub compact/pocket pistols and find them the most fun to shoot. For the Glock 26 is my #1 shooting pistol. I could go to the range and put 400-500rds at a time.

I've held a glock 23 and it felt a bit small in my hand. My hand extended beyond the magazine butt, which i wasnt crazy about.

I haven't 100% ruled out a compact. What compacts would you recommend? Polymer.

Do they shoot similar to the full size M&P? I have big hands and won't CCW, so maybe the Mp9c is the better choice for me.

Similar? Well they have the same fire control so...sort of? The trigger is pretty close on new models (the Shield has a better reset than the older full size models) but the puny size and dual recoil springs make it feel different after the shot. I don't think big hands will like a Shield though.

I had a SP2022 and sold it because I didn't like it...must be a personal thing...

If you're thinking about a full-sized Glock in 9mm, be sure to take a look at the G34. I love mine.

As much as I like my Glocks, I would have to concede that my Beretta 92A1 is probably the best looking, sexiest gun in my collection. I believe it's pretty similar to the FS that a few posters have mentioned, perhaps with an additional rail.

From personal experience, the Shield and PPS are comparable physically but the Shield has a shorter slide. These single-stackers are really nice CCWs, and likely not inline with what the OP wants, especially with large hands. Regarding both guns, I would take the Shield over the PPS. Out of the box the Shield's trigger is far superior to a PPS! It is very crisp and short on reset. The PPS trigger is gritty/creaky with a long takeup. Dry fire both in the gun store and your will see what I mean. Better yet, if you can fire both!

FWIW, Rick at OMG Custom Guns in Bayonne has some stuff you might be interested in in stock. I think he has a G23 (.40 cal) with a 9mm barrel on the shelf. He also has a FN Herstal... something. Maybe the .45? Some decent options. Give him a shout.

C

FWIW, Rick at OMG Custom Guns in Bayonne has some stuff you might be interested in in stock. I think he has a G23 (.40 cal) with a 9mm barrel on the shelf. He also has a FN Herstal... something. Maybe the .45? Some decent options. Give him a shout.

C

the fnx with the threaded barrel is gone. My buddy bought that and one of the 700's. He does have a bunch of really nice used guns in there

Chicken again for dinner?

Man, try something new

Like revolvers? Get a 357

Like 1911s? Get a 45acp

Plastic guns have pretty much little value over time.

Trust Mr Bond, I have many autos all 45s, and James, et al, did me right with a 44 mag S&W revolver rec...It is a load of fun, and with 3 permits to go I will get at least one more revolver - new respect!

Now, if you (insist) on getting another auto - man, a Big-Strapping-Guy like you needs to step-up to 45 cal (1911, XD, etc) - you will not regreat it! ;-)