Sign in to follow this  
msokad

500 S&W

I have 2 permits that I'm currently waiting to get. I was going to use one of those permits to purchase a 500 S&W.

Will this gun be affected by the .50 caliber ban currently suggested? I read it several times, but didn't see it by name.

To answer the OP's direct question first, IF that particular NJ Bill should somehow pass, then yes, it would end up banned along with any rifle, including black powder, that shoots a projectile of that size or larger.

Myself personally, I'd pass over a 500 every day for a 460. Do your own research, and see what you then decide.

Thanks all for the replies. I already put 50% down about 3 weeks ago. I personally think of all the dumb bills they are trying to pass,the .50 has to be the dumbest.

Lets hope the pressure we are giving Trenton that none of these bills get passed.

To answer the OP's direct question first, IF that particular NJ Bill should somehow pass, then yes, it would end up banned along with any rifle, including black powder, that shoots a projectile of that size or larger.

Myself personally, I'd pass over a 500 every day for a 460. Do your own research, and see what you then decide.

curious as to why. I'm considering a 500 as well but hesitant due to proposed legislation

curious as to why. I'm considering a 500 as well but hesitant due to proposed legislation

Take a look at your cartridge options for a 460, and then take a look at the ballastics of the .500 S&W Mag. Unless you are a big bore hand loader, cost per round and ballistics don't add up compared to the 460. Same big X-frame Smith, but much more flexible.

The john ross is nice. Esp in black. What i want is the shorty extreme survival package. If anyone knows where i can get one ill give you a finders fee. That is at a decent price of course. U really have to be on the look out to find one. What size 500 u guys looking for. I have a few if u ever want to try them out. Thanks

The john ross is nice. Esp in black. What i want is the shorty extreme survival package. If anyone knows where i can get one ill give you a finders fee. That is at a decent price of course. U really have to be on the look out to find one. What size 500 u guys looking for. I have a few if u ever want to try them out. Thanks

i want the 8 3/8 barrel

Take a look at your cartridge options for a 460, and then take a look at the ballastics of the .500 S&W Mag. Unless you are a big bore hand loader, cost per round and ballistics don't add up compared to the 460. Same big X-frame Smith, but much more flexible.

Doesn't the 460 S&W magnum chamber 480 Ruger, 454 Casaul, and 45 long colt?