Hooligan

New Hampshire non-resident permit questions

Now that the PA Attorney General has given us in NJ the shaft over our FLA permits, I'm looking at NH to get PA covered. My problem is that NH's website doesn't seem to have much info on the process. Google and searching this forum didn't turn up the answers to my questions.

The application form has a box for "Home-State Permit No." I assume those of us in NJ should leave this blank? Does NH issue to NJ residents with no home-state permit?

The application also appears to have a reverse side with instructions, but the pdf form has only one page. Does anyone have a link to the rest of the application?

Does NH really only require a completed application and a fee? No fingerprints? No notarized forms?

Now that the PA Attorney General has given us in NJ the shaft over our FLA permits, I'm looking at NH to get PA covered. My problem is that NH's website doesn't seem to have much info on the process. Google and searching this forum didn't turn up the answers to my questions.

The application form has a box for "Home-State Permit No." I assume those of us in NJ should leave this blank? Does NH issue to NJ residents with no home-state permit?

The application also appears to have a reverse side with instructions, but the pdf form has only one page. Does anyone have a link to the rest of the application?

Does NH really only require a completed application and a fee? No fingerprints? No notarized forms?

You must not have the proper form for NON-resident. The pdf has both front and back as page 1 and 2: http://www.nh.gov/sa...nts/dssp260.pdf

NH WILL issue to a NJ resident a non-resident concealed carry permit provided that you already have a concealed carry in another state.

You must not have the proper form for NON-resident. The pdf has both front and back as page 1 and 2: http://www.nh.gov/sa...nts/dssp260.pdf

NH WILL issue to a NJ resident a non-resident concealed carry permit provided that you already have a concealed carry in another state.

Seems I was only getting the first page due to something with Google Chrome. Opened it with IE and got the rest of it.

So I should leave the "home state permit no" box blank and just include copies of the front-back of my FLA license?

Thanks for the info.

Seems I was only getting the first page due to something with Google Chrome. Opened it with IE and got the rest of it.

So I should leave the "home state permit no" box blank and just include copies of the front-back of my FLA license?

Thanks for the info.

Correct, you leave it blank and include whatever CCW permit you plan to use.

So, if you already have the Fl CCW, getting the NH permit is a cheap way to go ??

Cheap? No. It's one of the more expensive. However, it is an easy way to go for NJ folks where getting fingerprint cards done grows ever so more difficult. Plus, no notary, no picture, etc.

Am I missing something. From what I understand, if you are not a PA resident, you can still carry under the reciprocity with Fla. If you are a PA resident, you cannot use the Fla permit to carry, but must obtain a PA permit to carry in PA.

Am I missing something. From what I understand, if you are not a PA resident, you can still carry under the reciprocity with Fla. If you are a PA resident, you cannot use the Fla permit to carry, but must obtain a PA permit to carry in PA.

Can't say as I haven't concerned myself with the new changes in what PA will honor because I have a PA non-resident concealed carry I obtained before they starting closing the avenue to non-residents. I see it's being debated on the forum though in another post.

From Handgunlaw.us

*Pennsylvania Honors Non-Resident Permits/Licenses From the States They Honor Except for

Florida. They have signed a new agreement that specifically states “Legal Resident of Florida. You can

see the agreement Here. Agreement goes into effect 6/8/13. After that date FL Permit is Invalid in PA

Maine requires no fingerprints. They don't have the best reciprocity but if you already have FL then there's probably nothing additional you can get on a permit that requires no prints. And Utah and AZ only add a state or two over FL (although NV is good from AZ) and neither add Maine.

Maine requires no fingerprints. They don't have the best reciprocity but if you already have FL then there's probably nothing additional you can get on a permit that requires no prints. And Utah and AZ only add a state or two over FL (although NV is good from AZ) and neither add Maine.

If you are going for just one of these, go with Utah, IMO, because they work to get WRITTEN reciprocity with each State. Maine is one of those where you have to have theirs if you want to carry there as they have no non-resident reciprocity. I camp there regularly and have it.

I used my FL NON-res CCW to get a NON-res NH CCW. So one 'piggy backed' on the other.

The NH appl I recall, has two version. One outta state only. One for NH residents only.

I paid $25 at THAT time right before the fee got JACKED to like $100 pr something.

I recall it was an Easy process, but took 6 months because I slipped in at $25 right before the fee was quadrupled, so my guess is they were just messin w me.

I do goto NH here and there for training at the Sig Sauer Academy. So that's why I elected an outta state NH Permit.

BTW- Non of the above will even matter if that new radical liberal of a PA AG gets her way. She has stated her agenda is to basically dismantle this whole NON-res PA CCW thing (which she sees in her 'infinite wisdom', as a "loophole") then she will hit the resident CCW in PA period.

Therefore, I will take no chances and use my NJ "carry" (work) permit to get a straight up PA - CCW.

Good luck. You / we will ALL need it as our rights are being gradually subtly dismanted, by the Day...

hey rob...in reference to my friend we talked about the other day...this nh may be his best route? as in no class or prints...basically copy his de ccw and send in...but my question is where it asks reason and says see other side..then says..."

A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. One or more of these

reasons must be noted on the application, in the space provided for reason(s) you make application to carry a pistol in New

Hampshire."

would he simply write "protection" and "all proper purposes"..or does he need to write out something other

From Handgunlaw.us *Pennsylvania Honors Non-Resident Permits/Licenses From the States They Honor Except for Florida. They have signed a new agreement that specifically states “Legal Resident of Florida. You can see the agreement Here. Agreement goes into effect 6/8/13. After that date FL Permit is Invalid in PA

Here's an excerpt from a Associated Press article published ... "Pennsylvania will still honor Florida permits held by Florida residents, and residents of 27 other states, under the reciprocity agreements.

Here's an excerpt from a Associated Press article published ... "Pennsylvania will still honor Florida permits held by Florida residents, and residents of 27 other states, under the reciprocity agreements.

Is it being implied that non-residents of the honored states will not be accepted?

If you are going for just one of these, go with Utah, IMO, because they work to get WRITTEN reciprocity with each State. Maine is one of those where you have to have theirs if you want to carry there as they have no non-resident reciprocity. I camp there regularly and have it.

Problem with UT is that you need to take their class which is more $$ in addition to the permit fees. So even if you have NRA basic or another course you need to take the UT specific course. I think I'll still do it but it really sucks to have to shell out more. And then there's no guarantee they'll keep the reciprocity for non-residents.

Just to be clear, PA will honor NO non-resident FL permits. No matter what state you live in. I bring that up because the AP quote you provided is ambiguous.