Albanian

Ruger SR40 or Glock 22 Gen 4?

Or maybe something else?

So I got my P2P and FID this week. I was at the shop today and held a few handguns. I decided I want a full sized handgun in 40cal and with a 15 round magazine.

The store has no Glocks in stock (besides 26s and 27s and one 35) and they have two Ruger SR40s.

Should I put an order in for the Glock and wait or should I go for the SR40? Or should I just go to the Easton PA range (that far because I am also visiting a friend over there) and rent and try out both? (probably the best idea)

Or is there another option you guys might suggest? Looking for full sized, 40cal, and with 15 round magazines.

Okay, personally I would also look into the m&p 40 and a sig 226, 229 platform.

I would rent any combo of these prior to buying. My preference would be the Glock.

Totally forgot about the M&Ps, thanks. The sigs are out because I am looking to spend between 500-700 before taxes and NICS check.

Get a compact glock 23 and some g22 mags. Then get a loan wolf conv. Barrel for 9mm. Not going to loose much in accuracy and more versatile. Could also use 15 round g19 mags. There is a G23 or two on the forums.

If you are hell bent on either the the Glock 22 or the Ruger SR40 I'd go for the Glock 22. If you are open to other ideas I would also suggest trying an Xd(m), PPQ and PX4

Get a compact glock 23 and some g22 mags. Then get a loan wolf conv. Barrel for 9mm. Not going to loose much in accuracy and more versatile. Could also use 15 round g19 mags.

I have this set up and love it.

Good thing about the Glock 22 and the M&P is that you can get a conversion barrel to 9 mm and shoot 9 as well.

Don't know if the Ruger can do the same but i ve shot one in 9mm and it grips well , at least for me.

If you re heading over to Heritage to try out stuff it can get pricey.........

If you re there tomorrow afternoon you can shoot my Glock 19 and Glock 21 free at EFGA which is close by....PM if interested.

I love my ruger

I'd like to try one of the new Ruger 45s, and if they made a 15-round magazine for the SR9, I would get one.

I'd like to try one of the new Ruger 45s, and if they made a 15-round magazine for the SR9, I would get one.

I have 15 round magazines for my SR9. My LGS gets the 17 round factory mags and pins them to 15. I too would like to get my hands on the new SR45.

No Glocks in Stock. 2 Ruger SR40's in stock.

Bullseye Tactical in Woodbridge(forum vendor) has a G22 & G35 in stock. I prefer Glocks, you can change the barrel & mags and you will have another caliber gun. Plus a lot more aftermarket parts & accessories for Glocks. If you plan to shoot USPSA, G35 is a good platform. JMO

What store has the SR 40 in stock?

Rahway Firearms Heritage Guild.

You guys gave me a lot to think about lol which is good. I am not particularly deadset, hmmm okay we shall see what I do lol the g22 isn't looking too bad since I can get a conversion to 9mm and be able to shoot both rounds when I want.