Combat Auto

Interesting Spin on ammo shortage and balance of power state vs feds

Oh cool. Infowars article. This should be sensible, rational and well-researched.

While I am not defending the info wars site, I always find it interesting how people will see something from here and go info wars site and smile. However mother jones, hoff post, CNN, MSNBC will be quoted and treated like the bible.

While I am not defending the info wars site, I always find it interesting how people will see something from here and go info wars site and smile. However mother jones, hoff post, CNN, MSNBC will be quoted and treated like the bible.

I was just talking to my father about this. You have far left media, far right media and the far fetched media. Among them all the truth is somewhere amongst them. 20 years ago people would have looked at Alex Jones as if he were the national examiner. Today with how skewed and biased the media has become I can't blame people for following outlets like infowars. What ever happened to true investigative journalism? Who knows the crack pot that is Alex Jones could just end up being right. One things for sure his reports are not paid for by mega corporations. Then again who knows.

Oh cool. Infowars article. This should be sensible, rational and well-researched.

I was just talking to my father about this. You have far left media, far right media and the far fetched media. Among them all the truth is somewhere amongst them. 20 years ago people would have looked at Alex Jones as if he were the national examiner. Today with how skewed and biased the media has become I can't blame people for following outlets like infowars. What ever happened to true investigative journalism? Who knows the crack pot that is Alex Jones could just end up being right. One things for sure his reports are not paid for by mega corporations. Then again who knows.

Not to mention, Alex Jones isn't the only reporter on the site and some of the other reporters seem to do some pretty good reporting without the Alex Jones histrionics.

Plus, tell me the completely bias nonsense that Pierce Morgan spews out of his mouth is any different from Alex Jones...info wars is just another outlet, no better, no worse. If you want to paint a correct picture, you have to absorb news from everything because no one just reports the news anymore.

Really? I see nothing but derision for huffpo and MSNBC, I don't think I've seen any links to mother jones except for the occasional oddball article that actually agrees with facts on RKBA rather than being the frothing emotional screed we would expect. CNN is a toss up, but I can't say I have seen any linkage with zero detractors.

Info wars is something I would classify as about as rational and unbiased as alternet, with less selectivity about the quality of the content.

That being said, this article isn't all that bad. I've said repeatedly that we are outbuying the government when it comes ot ammo. By A LOT. I do disagree with a lot of what the article says. HUmanity isn't a cesspit of awful people as proven by cops being cops. Cops don't get called to respond to decent folk who aren't problems. We are however plagued by enough A-holes to make polite society a dodgy bet on any given day. Unless your ration of a-holes happens to be those committing moving violations, those having a domestic incident, drunk and disorderly folks, or dealing with construction in the roadway (or likely to escalate to something worse form those incidents), the average cop isn't doing much to PREVENT anything. They show up after the fact and maybe do something to clean up the situation after the fact. (and frankly, I don't want them policing before the fact, so don't take that as a cop bash). As for them not having enough ammo in the case of some kind of disaster or civil unrest, in the case of something like sandy, what was heading down the road of dodgy wasn't going to be fixed by a cop who wasn't there, ammo or no ammo. They were busy with other problems, and that is going ot be the case every time. The giant sinkhole, total lack of traffic control, or exploding poop processing plant is a problem NOW, and that's where they'll be. The anonymous theft and vandalism isn't going to be their priority, and neither is the emboldened a-hole who thinks the state of emergency provides them some decreased chance of repercussions.

AS for something like katrina, I know a guy who was a cop there during the event. Most cops either went awol or bugged in to their stations and or improvised base of operations while looting/commandeering supplies necessary to eat, get around, and provide communications. Very little policing was done, and their supply of ammo didn't do anyone but the police much good or harm.