lunker

Thanking Your Assemblymen

I am only putting this here because with all the notices about contacting your assemblymen and women, I didn't see anything about following up. I know that the Democratic majority pushed through all of the measures they wanted, but there were a lot of Assemblypeople who voted against them. Mine are Amy Handlin (not known for being particularly conservative) and Declan O'Scanlon. I called both and thanked them for voting against the anti-gun measures even though they passed in the Assembly, and told them I was happy that they were listening to their constituents and will be happy to vote for both again. I can tell you that the receptionists for both Handlin and O'Scanlon were surprised and happy to have received the call. They took my name and info. It makes me think that they don't get many like that. I imagine most are asking/demanding/screaming for them to vote a certain way. I don't know if it matters in the long run, but often you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. And we can be sure there are more retarded gun control bills coming our way in the future.

Mine suck. They're not getting my thanks anytime soon. I've sent out several thank-yous to the ones that have supported us, though.

Same here. My local reps were too arrogant to even acknowledge my letters and were in fact sponsors on a couple of the bills. I'l be sending my thanks in November.

Mine are also No Good. Is good to thank those who do the right things. Am waiting to see which bills will be going up before the Senate IF any. Only bill that made any sense was the one to protect our personal info from the public. All the others are either redundant and/or UN-Constitutional according to the SCOTUS ruling in the Heller case. Government did Not give us the right to bear arms so they should Not be allowed to take them away.

Coughlin (a Newbie who doesn't think for himself) and Wisniewski (Deputy Speaker--well entrenched in the Democrat's Machine, incapable of doing the right thing because it would interfere with Party politics) are the Assembly persons for my (the 19th) District. They will get my THANKS in November or next November (and THAT can't come damn soon enough!).

But I do like the idea of thanking those with a brain!

I was gonna send mine a nice bottle of wine as a thank you, but then I remembered that he got busted for DWI in the middle of the day on a normal work day last year... and now claims he was the victom and targeted because of who he is... ouch! I better wait to see how that plays out while he keeps voting, and voting and voting.... Oh wait, he voted against too, I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!!! But now makes sense!! God, I hate this state....

We should also voice our displeasure with those that voted yes and let them know that not only will we not support them in the future, but that we will actively support anyone who runs against them.

Just my $0.02