Cold Steel

+1 for Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters

Happened to be in the area the other day and stopped in to see what may be available. Hanging on the middle rack all by itself was a M&P Shield in .40, looked so lonely I will be bringing it home to join my M&P family.

Got it for $400.00

It was nice to see that they weren't price gouging on a gun that is so hard to find these days.

Happened to be in the area the other day and stopped in to see what may be available. Hanging on the middle rack all by itself was a M&P Shield in .40, looked so lonely I will be bringing it home to join my M&P family.

Got it for $400.00

It was nice to see that they weren't price gouging on a gun that is so hard to find these days.

Nice! Glad it is now going to a good home. I was debating at the same one the other day as well.

I was there thursday while my buddy was purchasing a buckmark. I was listening intently while the guy behind the counter was telling a guy (obvious noob) in a suit how all you have to do is rack the slide on a shotgun to scare away intruders. He was demonstrating the racking of the slide. I actually had second hand embarassment yet like a train wreck, I couldnt look away.

They finally got a ticket number machine like they would have at a Deli.Now you can get your number and be able to walk around the store and browse until you number starts to get closser. I always hated that you had to stand there and hope that you would be taken care of in the order that you got there. They had some Federal 147 gr 9mm for 18.00 on Friday. Don,t realy need any 9 but still couldn,t walk by without picking up a box.I thought $18 was some what reasonable for the times.

How is the recent handgun inventory there? Is it worth the trip from the shore? From what I hear their prices are very good.

They have, I think, 4 gun cases. 1911s and Sigs in one case, polymer guns like Glock, M&P, and XDm, the third case has small revolvers and the 4th has larger revolvers. The polymer gun case is empty except for some Caracals. The other cases have inventory.

I lived down the street from the owner growing up, and were very close to the family. Some good people there, ofcourse you have the occasional jack ass employees. Prices are always reasonable and they do not gouge. If a place wants to retain its customers they should follow cheyennes model. They are located on rt 130 N in robbinsville although its pretty much hamilton still across from the postal facility. The old harrys army navy is on the corner but cheyenne along with the new harrys is the shopping center behind it. Stock has been slim on most stuff but its still a fun place to look around.

I am waiting for the NICS process on my second purchase from Cheyenne. I always find them very helpful once the number comes up (the Deli Counter numbering scheme). They don't rush you away once you are the current served person (for lack of a better term).

I also use them for smithing services such as scope mounting and such.

The ammo prices are what they are, when it comes in, but much better than the gunbot pricing.

The store down the road a bit seems to have very little stock, and what they do have, they are very expensive. And they ignore you for the most part.

Some good people there, ofcourse you have the occasional jack ass employees. Prices are always reasonable and they do not gouge. If a place wants to retain its customers they should follow cheyennes model

Well, i found cheyenne to be a bit overpriced on buys and underpriced on sells. For south jersey people, there is cheyenne in robbinsville, bobs little gun shop in deptford, one in merchantville, one in pennsauken, and Paul over in waterford. I may use paul for my next transfer. I think the current climate is clallenging for buyers and dealers. the whole thing is an expensive wrestling match using a stop watch. You are overpaying for merchandise with permits that are expiring. take a look on gunbroker as they are an alternative when you can't locate anything.

I am waiting for the NICS process on my second purchase from Cheyenne. I always find them very helpful once the number comes up (the Deli Counter numbering scheme). They don't rush you away once you are the current served person (for lack of a better term).

I also use them for smithing services such as scope mounting and such.

The ammo prices are what they are, when it comes in, but much better than the gunbot pricing.

The store down the road a bit seems to have very little stock, and what they do have, they are very expensive. And they ignore you for the most part.

Yes they are! The last time I was in there I asked them if they had any Winchester AutoComp and I was told "Ive never heard of that, are you sure you know what your asking for?" With that I turned around and walked out.

Cheyanne mountain has been good to me. I really disslike a couple of the people that work there (Luke) and really like others (Fred).

Where us this righteous place all are speaking of?

http://www.cheyennemtnoutfitters.com/

Ken

Stopped in here after visting Shore Shot today.  Seemed to be pretty well stocked, especially tactical type rifles and shotguns.  Nobody seems ot have the Hi-Viz sights these days though that I'm looking for....oh well, will order them online.

Was only in there for about 15 minutes or so but seemed like a clean, well stocked store. 

I was in both Cheyenne and Sportsman's Center today....(bought a sweet Ruger P95 first) then pursued both stores....Sportsmans center, only a mile or 2 from Cheyenne...was a smaller store, less stock.  BUT...VERY friendly staff.  Even after telling them i had just bought a pistol they were still very friendly and not put offish at all.  I hung out for a half hour or so and resolved to go back for a .22 rifle I really liked.  Next i went to Cheyenne.  Great place,  Tons of stock rifles (not so much for handguns) kinda busy at the counter so i just window shopped.  I asked for some 9mm ammo, (since i bought the Ruger, Duh) and was told it was $17.99 for Blazer Brass....not great but not terrible either.  So i asked for 3 boxes,  "NO, I can only sell you 1 box" is what i was told.  A little schmoozing later i was able to grab 2 boxes but WTF.....Even Dicks lets me grab 3 boxes for $14.99...but overall I really liked both stores and wouldn't hesitate to go back if i needed something.