Sign in to follow this  
reed338

holster for all compitions

NOT good for IDPA, USPSA Single-Stack Division, or Production Division. May be O-K for PPC if moved/mounted so as to enable you to lay prone. Also good for full-size 1911's with .22 LR conversions for OBRAMS.

Best advice I can give is to just show-up without a holster and start from the "low-ready" position. Hang-out with the guys who know what to buy, and buy what you're told to get that really works, instead of spending coin you don't have to on stuff you won't use once you shoot a match and talk to others.

yes it will be for the 6''

Do you want it just for steel or are you planning to come out to the USPSA matches too? I'm not sure if that one from Dawson will adjust for a 6". I checked and Bladetech does have some models for that gun. I would still call them just to male sure you order the right one.

If you are going to shoot USPSA you would be in either single stack or limited 10 division with that gun. No 1911's in production. Single stack you can't use the drop offset attachment, limited 10 you can. If it's just for steel, get whatever you want.

If you are thinking of IDPA, in addition to the others, the Blade-Tech DOH (drop, offset holster) is not legal for IDPA. That component of the holster can be removed and it would then be legal for IDPA (the DOH is fine for USPSA). One other caveat: Your 6" 10mm 1911 may not be suitable for either USPSA or IDPA due to its size and weight. It must fit into the respective discipline's boxes and I believe the weight limit for both is 43 oz with empty magazine. NOTE: No size or weight restrictions in USPSA Limited and Limited 10.

Unless you handload, you are really putting yourself at a disadvantage shooting 10mm even with the Glock (which would make weight & size limits). With either gun Limited or Limited 10, major would probably be your best bet in USPSA. In IDPA, with the Glock, you would find yourself in SSP or ESP and in either you would be competing head-to-head with minor caliber guns (9mm).

I don't shoot steel, so I'm sure there will be some input from steel shooters that may be relevant to your quest.

You may want to attend a match, just to observe and ask questions. Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Do you want it just for steel or are you planning to come out to the USPSA matches too? I'm not sure if that one from Dawson will adjust for a 6". I checked and Bladetech does have some models for that gun. I would still call them just to male sure you order the right one.

If you are going to shoot USPSA you would be in either single stack or limited 10 division with that gun. No 1911's in production. Single stack you can't use the drop offset attachment, limited 10 you can. If it's just for steel, get whatever you want.

yes it would be used mostly for sreel but i also would like to shoot uspsa some time in the future .

Oops...forgot about the "box". Looks like you will be in limited 10. Good thing you picked up those 10 round mags. So a bladetech with the drop offset will be fine. Or you can get one of them fancy race holsters like Alec. Not necessary at all though.

Pizza bob, it's a .45.

I just purchased the New DAA Production Division Race (PDR) Holster is Specifically Tailored for Production Division USPSA Shooters! from Dawson. I am not 100% happy with it. But it was the only thing i could find in stock for my Sig P226. I may have to wait 5 weeks for the bladetech. I plan on using it for Action and USPSA.