fatty

Buying ammo online w/ shipping insurance?

I just ordered from cabelas and it should be here tomorrow. Shiuldnt be an issue nutnifnit does it will be worked Out. Most companies will work with you if it's not a lot of money. I've personally never ever had any package insured. And have never had an issue. If its a high value product definetly insure.

Unless an order is like $500 or more, insurance seems pointless (IMO). I've only insured one thing ever (laptop) and I buy almost everything but groceries online.. Only had a shipping issue once but the company re-sent another item at no additional cost..

But that's just me...

Howard has a good point, if you pay by card and the package neverr arrives, you just dispute it.

But come to think of it, even if you do pay for the insurance, how do you prove you never got the package? It's like proving you don't have a sister.

It would be a hassle in any situation.

Haha.. very true.

I never insure anything either but I get concerned once in a while knowing how often ups damages packages. I have to deal with ups claims at work occassionally and its a pain in the ass. UPS uses a third party company to handle all damages and loses and they're like robots on a script.

maybe useful to add a comment...luckygunner does offer insurance for a few bucks, but they also offer a free option at checkout for double-boxing. A box inside padding inside a larger box. Less chance of the shipping company to smash the contents, and since it is free, why not.

Cabela's doesn't pack ammo too well.

They don't double box and they don't wrap the contents in plastic either.

So if you get a delivery that's been out in the rain it could be a real problem.

Sportsmans Guide always wraps the ammo in plastic and I believe they double box also.

Too bad they never have it in stock anymore.

Cabela's is safest if you order the combos with the dry box.

I just received some ammo from Cabelas yesterday. Ammo was wrapped in a Cabelas plastic sealed bag and in box with some paper cushioning bottom and top of box.

You did better than me. Although they did put paper cushioning on top of the ammo in the dry box.

The other package which wasn't in a dry box was damp, not saturated but damp including some of the inner ammo packaging.

AFAIK, the seller is responsible for getting the package to you, and they are responsible for delivering what you ordered.. You paying for insurance is a sham, us a CC like others stated. Buying insurance simply shifts the liability from the seller to the shipper. When ever i ship something, i always pay for insurance if it's more then whats covered, this way if the buyer say's ANYTHING, its on the shipper, not me. If YOU dont get a package or its "broken" call the shipper, then the seller, then your CC company last and stop payment.

Then again... i've never worried about someone stealing a box since there out of sight, so if it comes back that they did correctly deliver the package and its now gone, the buyer may be responsible.

You did better than me. Although they did put paper cushioning on top of the ammo in the dry box.

The other package which wasn't in a dry box was damp, not saturated but damp including some of the inner ammo packaging.

They just bubble wrapped the ammo in my dry box with some paper cushioning too. . I think my ups guy put the box in a big clear bag!

He's a shooter and knows what's in there! I need to get him some 223 as a tip!

I have never purchased insurance for anything shipped. The couple of times I had problems, the items were exchanged with no cost.